Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Radio talking about ESPN and NFL's new deal. The deal involves a ton of NFL propaganda.

- 3 hour NFL Sunday Countdown (because we need an extra hour of analysts providing analysis that any of us on this forum could do)

- 1 hour NFL Live every day

- New NFL 32 TV show (because One NFL Live show isn't enough!)

Fantasy turns you into fans of teams you are neutral about

I love fantasy as much as anyone but come on, you'll be rooting for Dallas just so Austin can get his yards. I enjoy FF but it's a hobby, not serious business

Not picking sides BECAUSE I GOT SO AND SO ON THIS TEAM

GIVE HIM THE BALL

I don't want Arian Foster going off on me lol

:yes:

And ix, that's what fantasy is for :)

On one league I've got Jermichael and the GB D/ST and in the other one Rodgers.

I wouldn't have started any Packers or Saints tonite if I were you. Surely you have better matchups this week?

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 01:27 PM ----------

Radio talking about ESPN and NFL's new deal. The deal involves a ton of NFL propaganda.

- 3 hour NFL Sunday Countdown (because we need an extra hour of analysts providing analysis that any of us on this forum could do)

- 1 hour NFL Live every day

- New NFL 32 TV show (because One NFL Live show isn't enough!)

Fantasy turns you into fans of teams you are neutral about

I love fantasy as much as anyone but come on, you'll be rooting for Dallas just so Austin can get his yards. I enjoy FF but it's a hobby, not serious business

Not picking sides BECAUSE I GOT SO AND SO ON THIS TEAM

GIVE HIM THE BALL

I don't want Arian Foster going off on me lol

Fantasy doesn't turn you into fans of other teams. At least not with me. But one thing you can't be in fantasy is a homer. I saw so many guys taking Redskins players over the years. I just shake my head. You have to play fantasy with your head, not your heart. Or else you're never gonna be any good at it.

Well at least you're in good company. :silly:

I kid I kid. Relax. Can't take this stuff too seriously. Lose all your hair that way.

In my earlier days I would have posted something with quite a few *'s in it.

:ols: But it seems some others have taken on that responsibility.

The NFL is a popular league, the most popular league, but it is in danger of overexposure and over-hype. For instance, ESPN is now the NFL network part 2. The way they've expanded everything to shove NFL down everyone's throats is ridiculous. Everything ALL ABOUT FANTASY NOW OR NFL

FOOTBALL RULES THE WORLD

Again, I'm saying I love football, but you can tone down the overhype and acting like NFL football is the greatest thing ever invented in the entire world. Baseball is just as good, and even collegiate football

Also, the big BAD NFL can't have people watching their games in their home markets if they can't afford the million-dollar fees to attend games. That recession thing, **** that. People aren't selling out Raymond James, black it out

I love the NFL but it's so ****ing ridiculous business-wise. It's sad that I have a better concept of business than the NFL. Open up Sunday Ticket to all providers, stop the dumb blackouts, make prices AFFORDABLE for the fan. I'm a ****ing businessman. I'm the next Goodell

ix I agree with you. ESPN is so far up the NFL's ass its not even funny. I know the NFL is the most popular sport and all, but preseason NFL was leading SportsCenter. If you turn it on right now, I bet they are talking about Peyton Manning. I think the NFL is going to become too big. I love football as much as the next guy, but they just keep rehashing the same story over and over and over. I can only take so much Peyton Manning talk in one hour.

Detroit vs Tampa game has been blacked out. **** that rule man. Can't watch the season opener of my team in the city I live in where said team plays?? So stupid.

I don't understand why the NFL does this. If MLB or the NBA did something like this, alot of fanbases would never see a game all year.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 05:01 PM ----------

The day a Redskins game gets blacked out due to fan apathy about Dan Snyder continuing to drive the team into the ground will be a very sad day. It might happen in a few years when the city finally gives up on the Redskins. And it'll be an ugly day.

But it doesn't have to be fan apathy that does it. The Lions and Bucs are 2 up and coming teams. The Bucs fans have a good young team to watch. So its not like the Jags or Bengals having a blackout. This is a team that could make the playoffs.

Have you used the DD k-cups before at home or just the regular DD coffee at home?

Just at home. We have a Keurig machine at work and a few of the flavors of coffee we get are...not up to par. There is a filter that is made for these machines that allows you to use your own coffee so I may look in to one of those.

NFL is "hyped" by ESPN because, guess what, that's what fans want to see. The NFL is by far the most popular sport in America. Pretty much everyone likes NFL. Friends of mine that don't have a clue about any other sport at least kinda sorta follow the NFL.

ESPN is a business. If it's consumers want the NFL than they get the NFL. I have no problem with it. I'd rather watch NFL Live than Baseball Tonight and the vast majority of ESPN viewers feel the same way. They aren't idiots up in Bristol. They've made billions exactly because they appeal to their consumers.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

Oh and blackout rules exist so fans of teams living in the area actually go to the games. Teams lose lots of money by having empty seats at the stadium. I do agree though that at times it can be unfair because some people may live in the area, but not close enough to go to the game and are still subject to blackouts. Still, blacking out the games because they aren't selling out is only costing the NFL more money, so it's a bit of a dilemma. Thankfully as Redskins fans we'll never have to worry about it. Yes I said never because we have hit rock bottom twice this past decade(2003 and 2009)and still haven't had blackouts.

Blackouts are ridiculous because they don't take into account the recession that is taking place. 11% unemployment in TB, and the NFL still has the nerve to black the game out? And then, when those very fans try to watch online, those feeds are shut down? If you're blacked out, life is tough when trying to watch the game. Then again, TB also has trouble with Rays games, even when times were good. Lol.

Archived