Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'll be spending all my time here from now on....i don't think anyone reads the RTT, it's all good, though. I don't think I belong in the general population. Like the times I went to jail - maybe I just don't get it.

to mingle with happenstance

by POLY Saturday, September 3, 2011

my heart burdensome

with the ponderousness of a giant star

alas, there come a time

when i shine too luminously

needing the love

that i nary found

in my frozen and abondoned herth

i set a fire

to consume the wickidness

an' the intrepid force

that tugs at the edges

of my mornful burdon

i abide for thee

an thy rollicking smile

tho i feel my life slither

i conjure thee with smoke

an candles

i ride the good intentions

like a yellow moon

floating nigh on the eather.

it is time trapped in

magnificent sullenness

like the slacken words

of a drowning soul

i doth allow it to suspend

to mingle with happenstance

my wretchedness overcometh me

an i lay prostrate to mine eniquities

i have no remainin' design

an my resolve hath

cast an incantation

of wretched falseness

that tangle it's tragic form.

In all things....you ether fit, or you don't.

Don't try and make yourself fit - you'll break the hole....then the thing that DOES fit, won't.

I've always seemed to be stuck in that. It's a cruel joke that I carry around....like tacky, expensive luggage that I can't seem to get rid of.

College players love that option ****

NFL doesn't do that

NFL also don't have the cojones unless you are Rex Ryan, to fake a FG and hurl it downfield like that play Saturday in the Utah State game.

NFL has gone soft and conservative. Too much pressure on these coaches to do anything SHOCKING or HAIR-RAISING

I remember Rex faking a punt once and it got stopped, Week 1, Baltimore :ols:

College players love that option ****

NFL doesn't do that

NFL also don't have the cojones unless you are Rex Ryan, to fake a FG and hurl it downfield like that play Saturday in the Utah State game.

NFL has gone soft and conservative. Too much pressure on these coaches to do anything SHOCKING or HAIR-RAISING

I remember Rex faking a punt once and it got stopped, Week 1, Baltimore :ols:

Nice reasoning for why you think college football is better than the NFL.:doh:

LSU must play a billion close games in the SEC

Seriously

---------- Post added September-4th-2011 at 11:35 PM ----------

I don't care if you think the NFL is better than college football

To be honest, you make good points

But if you think NBA is better than college basketball, that's a reason to go :box:

College football doesn't even have a PLAYOFF system. That in itself is enough reason to give the edge to the NFL.

Yeah, let's have a COMPUTER determine our national champion!:ols:

Why do we even care which one is "better"? If you can't find any enjoyment out of college football, but you just absolutely love the pros, then i think there is something wrong there. That sucks for you b/c Saturdays are much better with college football. Personally I love the skins and can watch a lot of college games and be entertained. Yay for me.

Why do we even care which one is "better"? If you can't find any enjoyment out of college football, but you just absolutely love the pros, then i think there is something wrong there. That sucks for you b/c Saturdays are much better with college football. Personally I love the skins and can watch a lot of college games and be entertained. Yay for me.

I never said I didn't like college football. I just find it odd that so many people find it to be better than the NFL. Especially so many guys on this forum...an official message board of an NFL team.

Furthermore, a lot of these same guys didn't even attend a BCS school. If they did, I could make sense of why those guys prefer it to the NFL.

And like I said, not sure what's so great about a sport where you don't even decide your championship on the field. A computer deciding your champion is just stupid. I think anyone would agree with that.

And then there's the OT format. I mean, you can have a game tied at 17, headed to OT, and have it end up 64-61. Seriously, how stupid is that? And how stupid is it that you start an OT on your opponent's 25 yard line? And how stupid is it that you can have a team, or several teams, go undefeated, yet not even have a chance at winning the title?

I could go on and on...

I like college ball. But it is not even close as far as entertainment.

For example, If Boise loses one game it likely puts them out of contention to me that makes zero sense. An NFL team with 9 wins still has a chance of winning it all. A NCAA Basketball team with 9 losses still has a chance.

Really...One game tosses out the rest of the season ? That is as Bubble put it...stupid.

I like college ball. But it is not even close as far as entertainment.

For example, If Boise loses one game it likely puts them out of contention to me that makes zero sense. An NFL team with 9 wins still has a chance of winning it all. A NCAA team with 9 losses still has a chance.

Really...One game tosses out the rest of the season ? That is as Bubble put it...stupid.

Yeah, that's a great point, KH. Another example would be VT last year. They didn't bring it that game against JMU, and it cost them the rest of their season. Despite them nearly winning out. Makes no sense. I'll never take college football seriously again until they get a playoff system.

And look at all the corruption in CFB. Those Ohio St players should have never been allowed to play vs Arkansas in that bowl game. That is a travesty. And all over greed. Same with Cam Newton. He should have never been allowed to keep playing each week. Does anyone REALLY think he didn't know about the pay-for-play scheme? And then there's the Miami Hurricanes. Sigh.

---------- Post added September-5th-2011 at 02:32 AM ----------

So change the channel ?

That doesn't make sense.

Nah, I want to watch. I guess I didn't phrase that well.

I have a feeling we could indeed go on and on with this one Bubble. To many other posters dismay.

The rest of this is just "random"

That JMU loss was a scheduled win for VT...So the computers say they didn't score enough, the writers who have their own agenda... Get out of here with that when USC have the "Reggie Bush push play" against ND a few years back, USC should have smashed them. How about these teams setting their non-conference games against the supposed powerhouses. Boise gets screwed because those teams won't play them in their house and would rather play the supposed gimme games in theirs. Not always mind you. I am a Terp fan and I know there are teams they can compete with and cant.

I can't wait until the super conference thing happens and they figure out playoffs instead of these random bowl games.

Archived