Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Was technically 17-0 Minnesota but the important thing is I lost again

And no, no way McNabb or Grossman goes to the championship game although one year McNabb led a 14-1 Redskins team before getting hurt Week 17, after which I signed Culpepper off free agents and won the Super Bowl with Culpepper and Randy Moss, although Randy Moss didn't do anything

Richmond's baseball team hit a solo HR on the road last night to win the game right before it was called due to weather. As result we qualify for the playoffs and its only our second season. We're already the talk of the minor league because of our sellouts basically every game and how our fans are. Playoff tics flew off the shelves.

I can't go to school without 4 hours of tailgating anymore

The class is at 12:30 but I have to arrive early, because I'm not going to be that guy who spends 40 or 50 minutes driving around the lot at noon trying to find a spot because the place is packed. I'm looking out at the lot right now. The place is jammed, and it's 9:42 AM. It's only going to get worse later on.

I can't go to school without 4 hours of tailgating anymore

The class is at 12:30 but I have to arrive early, because I'm not going to be that guy who spends 40 or 50 minutes driving around the lot at noon trying to find a spot because the place is packed. I'm looking out at the lot right now. The place is jammed, and it's 9:42 AM. It's only going to get worse later on.

Where do you go to school?

Richmond's baseball team hit a solo HR on the road last night to win the game right before it was called due to weather. As result we qualify for the playoffs and its only our second season. We're already the talk of the minor league because of our sellouts basically every game and how our fans are. Playoff tics flew off the shelves.
That's funny because when the 2007 Richmond Braves won the IL championship I was probably 1 of 1,500 people at the Diamond cheering them on.

Is there anyone who likes rain?

Walking around campus all day in this **** and then the Nats game will probably get cancelled. I would hate to live in Seattle.

Rain is awesome. Try camping in heavy rain for a decade straight at various times. Walking around in it is nothing. But in all seriousness, it keeps things cool and removes pollen from the air.

Is there anyone who likes rain?

Walking around campus all day in this **** and then the Nats game will probably get cancelled. I would hate to live in Seattle.

Rain is the best when you don't have anything to do and you can sit inside all day and watch TV or sleep.

That's probably the only time I really like the rain. Or when I'm going to sleep at night.

Man, Pandora sucks. Why does it never automatically skip to the next song when one finishes??

Pandora has gone downhill a lot lately.

They play way too many ads between songs now. The worst is when the ad is slow to load properly, so not only do I have to wait the timed 30 seconds or whatever, but it actually takes longer because the ad isn't playing the whole way.

Mine's been working fine, what do you mean you actually have to hit the skip button to go to the next song?

When a song ends, it won't actually transition to the next song on its own. It just sits there silently until I actually go to the Pandora page and click something. It's as if it just times out at the end of every song.

That's funny because when the 2007 Richmond Braves won the IL championship I was probably 1 of 1,500 people at the Diamond cheering them on.

Well then the Braves left. After they left they took a shot at Richmond's fans as well as the City officials(No baseball fan will defend them). Losing baseball and getting slapped in the face really motivated the fans and the city. They say the new ballpark could be up by 2014 and our average attendance has been top of the league since they came here two years ago. Richmond is a baseball city followed by a soccer city. I know it sounds weird but the soccer team gets a pretty nice attendance. They were getting 4-5k quite a few nights.

Besides all that we have alot of future stars go through here. At least 3 players in the last two years have been called up to the Giants. Another one is back here in Richmond for rehab after a injury he suffered with the Giants a month ago or so. He received a immediate standing ovation. I think the biggest difference though is that Squirrels really became a part of the community. When they got here they got themselves involved in everything. Whether it was Ukrops/Martins or Blood Drives. They went too everything. The Mascot Nutzy goes all over VA. The braves didn't do that. They were basically "Here we are. Come watch if you want". As long as the Squirrels keep pushing themselves as part of the Richmond community(which honestly at this point they really are big part of the community) they will be very successful. The team loves playing at home especially since our sell out crowds are vocal and it shows because our home winning percentage is pretty damn good. Richmond is fired up for playoffs because its already a tough ballpark during regular season. Imagine how it will be in our first playoffs.

Archived