Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

This will sound weird, but the reason i don't like the blueberry shake from cookout is not the flavor, but the texture of what might be real blueberries. oh well.

I didn't have a problem with the blueberries, per se. The shake was just too damn sweet. My favorite is the pineapple shake. Really good. With an honorable mention going to the peanut butter fudge shake.

---------- Post added September-11th-2011 at 10:33 PM ----------

Just got in...

Looks like Kerrigan tore it up out there, Iwas watching the highlights of the game on NBC. I can't believe we actually scored 28 points, on Opening Day...that almost seems too good to be true.

I like.

That play by Kerrigan was amazing. Definitely looked like a play Clay Matthews would make. And Grossman played really well, as well. Would have had an even better stat line had Armstrong not dropped a couple. Fred Davis was great, too. Hightower didn't seem to run with the same toughness as he did in the preseason. He looked slightly tenative with his cuts today. Could have just been there weren't that many holes there, I guess.

At any rate, that was a VERY satisfying way to start the season. We should all be proud.

Yeah, some experts actually bring up the Jim Plunkett/Rich Gannon comparisons, and although it would seem far fetched to expect Rex to play to that level, it would be nice if he played well enough this season for us to commit to him for awhile, and go elsewhere with that first round pick.

Of course, it's only Week 1, and he's still Rex Grossman, but it would be nice.

Rangers, duh. Why even contemplate putting yourself through so much heartache and pain with the Cowboys? You've seen this movie before, RP. You deserve better. At least you still have your bff Stafford...

You are correct. Go Rangers and go Lions! Stafford beasted today. Can't wait to see his follow-up performance vs KC next week.

Just dump the Cowboys. :D

The beauty about this is that I got over the Cowboys loss about 5 minutes after it ended. I decided that after the Mavs won the title, I couldn't ***** about anything sports related for at least a few years. I was watching Nick Folk kick the GW FG just chuckling to myself at how HE had to be the one to win the game. I was pissed for maybe five seconds before I realized I still had Dirk. :)

hey fellow ESers, I need a little help. Which team should I care more about for the next four weeks, plus...

the Dallas Chokeboys

OR

the Texas we-actually-accomplished-something-recently Rangers?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Romo is such an idiot. What was he doing running the ball like that in that situation. Hell, even a FG would have probably iced the game. Or at least put them in prime position to get the win. That was just STUPID. And then some of the throws he was attempting. WTF?

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 12:47 AM ----------

Rangers, duh. Why even contemplate putting yourself through so much heartache and pain with the Cowboys? You've seen this movie before, RP. You deserve better. At least you still have your bff Stafford...

I plan on starting Stafford next week. Had him on my bench this week. But that's because I had Rodgers, Brees, and Kolb.:)

Yes, we start 3 QBs in the league I'm in.

Once Fairley gets his NFL legs, that pass rush is going to be nasty. Looks like my predictions before the season were right, at least so far.

The Jets won't be as good as Rex Ryan thinks.

The Pack are, and will be the best team in the NFC.

The Falcons will take a backseat to the Saints ( who pretty much matched GB score for score) in the South.

The Seahawks might be the worst team in football this year.

The Eagles will struggle for the first month, and for possibly the entire season, if they don't straighten out that o-line.

The NFC North may be the best division in football.

I'm like the ES version of Nostradamus. I get's it done...

And Stafford was the one QB you didn't start?! :ols: You should know better. Stafford > all those scrubs combined

Um, Brees had 419 yards and 3 TD. Rodgers had 312 and 3 TD. Kolb had 309 and 2 scores. I think I did ok at that position.:)

I do plan to dump Brees next week for Stafford though (its a salary cap league). If Fitzpatrick can shred the Chiefs like that, I like Stafford's chances, too.

Um, Brees had 419 yards and 3 TD. Rodgers had 312 and 3 TD. Kolb had 309 and 2 scores. I think I did ok at that position.:)

I do plan to dump Brees next week for Stafford though (its a salary cap league). If Fitzpatrick can shred the Chiefs like that, I like Stafford's chances, too.

Like I said...those guys are scrubs compared to Stafford.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell Cam Newton looked like Warren Moon running the Oilers Run & Shoot against the Cards. If we can get solid protection, our receivers will eat them up.

All I know is I don't want H_H's boy Doughty anywhere near Fitzgerald. I'm watching the game now and he just looks lost out there.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell Cam Newton looked like Warren Moon running the Oilers Run & Shoot against the Cards. If we can get solid protection, our receivers will eat them up.

All I know is I don't want H_H's boy Doughty anywhere near Fitzgerald. I'm watching the game now and he just looks lost out there.

I can see it now. Everyone is ready to annoint Newton the next Moon (or whoever). Today is fool's gold. He played against a terrible defense. Rodgers-Cromartie is no longer there. Plus they've lost other pieces on defense, as well as offense. They're not a very good team, outside of Fitzgerald, Kolb, and maybe Wells. I wouldn't be at all suprised if the guy came out next week and put up half of the production he had today, and resorted to looking like the awful QB he was in preseason.

As for Doughty. When doesn't the guy look lost. He is awful.

Got in an argument with fantasy experts yesterday in THE CHAT about checking scores after the game; they said they checked scores during the game. Never heeded in-game scoring that much. I did keep my Yahoo game tracker open yesterday, but forgot about it. My laptop is cluttered enough as is on Sunday.

post-game Stadium threads are hilarious whether we win or lose. there are positive people, negative nancys, and there's an entire thread arguing about whether it's ok to be all positive or some negative too. you just can't please everyone.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

oh and btw RP, thanks for holding up your end of the NBA Finals bet in week 1. the Romo choke was a nice touch that is surely appreciated by us Redskin fans. we appreciate the effort.

oh and btw RP, thanks for holding up your end of the NBA Finals bet in week 1. the Romo choke was a nice touch that is surely appreciated by us Redskin fans. we appreciate the effort.

:ols: yeah, when that game ended, I wanted to throw something. But again, I realized there was nothing I could ***** about so I got over it more quickly than I think any loss (especially one like that) in a long long time. I actually woke up feeling pretty damn good this morning. :)

They're discussing the Colts problems on Sportscenter.

I've been saying for years that without Peyton, they were a 4-12 team at best. Everyone always wanted to put their heads up their asses and say that the Colts always lost in preseason because they didn't care. If they actually bothered to look, they'll notice that the starting O would always put up a quick six and sit for the rest of the game. This team has had no depth for yearss, they haven't had a consistent running game since Edge left, and their defense is built to play with a lead, not hold one.

I got sick and tired when people would keep praising Polian for being this genius, when in reality, all he's been doing for the past 5 years is hiding behind Peyton Manning. Now he's been exposed, and the evil part of me loves it...

The Dolphins look like the most out of shape NFL team I've ever seen. I know the Pats are giving them the business with a lot of no huddle, but the whole Dolphins squad is sucking wind constantly and Brady is killing them.

Step 1. Fire whoever is in charge of conditioning.

The Dolphins look like the most out of shape NFL team I've ever seen. I know the Pats are giving them the business with a lot of no huddle, but the whole Dolphins squad is sucking wind constantly and Brady is killing them.

Step 1. Fire whoever is in charge of conditioning.

What's funny is, they had the Browns coach from last year on First Take this morning. He was giving out ways to beat the Patriots (Browns beat them 34-14 last year). Anyway, one of the things he said to do was to go with a lot of no huddle, because it would tire out guys like Haynesworth and Woolfork.

Archived