Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What films ru oddly passionate about?

Mooka

I didn't like "Signs" either.

I mean, it had it's moments, but overall, it was pretty damned stupid.

Yes, the water part is totally unbelievable, it's deadly to them, so they land on a planet that is 2/3 covered with it.

They can master interspatial travel, but can't figure out a pantry door.... as conquerors go, they are weak and weaponless, and are captured by a hindu living in western Pa. in a closet and finally one of them gets his ass beat with a baseball bat.

PLUS the little boy in that movie is so totally unbelievable... what is this kid,, 10 or 35? That kid has more adult insight than a lot of adults i know.

To be totally truthful, other than "Sixth Sense" I've thought all of Shymalan's movies have sucked ass. "Unbreakable" was OK, except the kid totally kills it for me. He never ever stops CRYING.

My dad is Super man! Booo HOO HOO HOO.

~Bang

The Wedding Singer (Perfectly depicted the 80s)

Pooty Tang (Se de tah on the Ren Ah Tay)

Catwoman (Halle Berry in a leather outfit, enough said)

Dude Where’s My Car (Ashton will never have a movie that funny again)

Bowfinger (when Eddie was trying to cross the highway, I was crying I was laughing so hard)

Originally posted by Bang

as conquerors go, they are weak and weaponless, and are captured by a hindu living in western Pa. in a closet and finally one of them gets his ass beat with a baseball bat.

PLUS the little boy in that movie is so totally unbelievable... what is this kid,, 10 or 35? That kid has more adult insight than a lot of adults i know.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

but just so we're clear... it was Eastern Pennsylvania ;) Just outside philthy...

Underworld (Kate Beckinsale is SOOOO hot)

Dark City - Kiefer Sutherland is friggin' HORRIBLE in this movie, but everything else is so original.

Tommy - I greatly prefer the Who's re-recordings of songs for the movie to their 69 LP.

Fandango - Love this movie.

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

Dark City - Kiefer Sutherland is friggin' HORRIBLE in this movie, but everything else is so original.

i'm not one for sci-fi movies but we had to watch this one in my english 101 class...it's an awesome movie, the plot blows your mind!

Passionate is probably not the right word for the title of this thread, seeing as it's pretty much a list of guilty pleasure movies. I'm not really passionate about any of my guilty pleasure movies, just movies like Braveheart, Gladiator, Man On Fire, Old School, etc, movies that most guys really like.

Originally posted by goaldeje

I also really love "Love, Actually", but I don't think that was too popular here is the US.

Love Actually was good actually (sorry for that lame joke!). I can understand how people in the US may not like some of the shots it takes at us, but I didn't really care since they were pretty ridiculous (i.e. American girls are sluts when meeting guys with British accents). It was one of the better chick flicks I've seen in awhile though, and I'm not a huge romantic comedy fan.

I definitely agree with Road House and Commando (I'll add Running Man too). I love some of those bad 80's flicks. In a recent GQ, they listed the top 25 "good" bad movies, and not surprisingly, Road House was #1. The only Ahnuld movie was Raw Deal (never seen that one). A lot of other movies on there are in this thread too.

Originally posted by LC80

I really liked King Arthur, too. I think I must be the only one.

No, I actually liked it a lot. Disney screwed it though. They made Fuqua change it to a PG-13 at the last minute, and pushed it up to a summer release when he was aiming for it to be completed for a fall release. The director's cut DVD was really good, I thought, much better than the theatrical version.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

The Last Dragon

Who's the Master...?

SHO'NUFF!

Very good call … I was thinking just the other day that they should remake it.

They should cast it similar to this:

Laura Charles: Beyonce

Shownuff: Busta Rhymes

Eddie Arcanian: Jason Alexander

The rest is up in the air … but that would be good to start out with.

Originally posted by Henry

The Last Dragon! Good call!

Army of Darkness

Mystery, Alaska

School of Rock

Zoolander

So I Married an Axe Murderer

"Look at 'is heed, its like an or-ange on a toothpick!"

"Don't you think that's a little harsh?"

"He'll cry himself to sleep on his huuuuuuuuge pillow!"

Archived