Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What films ru oddly passionate about?

Mooka

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Okay,(Extreme break ;) ). Movie I've been watching for the past few hours and still watching, ( hell the thing is 4 hours). Gettysburg. Good reviews I think but bad at the box office. Great movie and once I start watching it, hard to stop. That battle on Little Round top was awsome. And the final battle, "Pickett's Charge", wow. Okay. Back to couch and movie. :yawnee:

I saw that at the theater. Have a friend who is a huge history buff, I think hes even doing the reenactment stuff now, talked me into going to see it with him. It was crazy cool to see on the screne, I like history movies so my opinion Im sure is biased.

Being there I can understand why it didnt do well in the box office, I had no idea it was so long and I had never been to a movie with an intermission before. Unless you count the time I went to Return of the Jedi in springfield mall when some jackass called in a bomb threat right when luke was gonna tell leia that he was her brother. I hope that ******* suffered for calling that in.

If I had known its length, I probably would have avoided it. My friend knew better than to tell me, and I thank him for it. It was really an amazing movie.

PCS do you think if Lee had listend to Longstreet, things would have been different?

That's because the Cable Guy was stupid. I just want to know how can I get my 2 hours back after wasting it on that movie? It ranks as one of the worst movies ever made.

Ah man, that scene from Medieval TImes is hilarious, especially for a Star Trek fan. I love that movie! But it is probably one of those love it or hate it type flicks.

Originally posted by dreamingwolf

I saw that at the theater. Have a friend who is a huge history buff, I think hes even doing the reenactment stuff now, talked me into going to see it with him. It was crazy cool to see on the screne, I like history movies so my opinion Im sure is biased.

Being there I can understand why it didnt do well in the box office, I had no idea it was so long and I had never been to a movie with an intermission before. Unless you count the time I went to Return of the Jedi in springfield mall when some jackass called in a bomb threat right when luke was gonna tell leia that he was her brother. I hope that ******* suffered for calling that in.

If I had known its length, I probably would have avoided it. My friend knew better than to tell me, and I thank him for it. It was really an amazing movie.

PCS do you think if Lee had listend to Longstreet, things would have been different?

Didn't help that Turner Films stated they were going to show the movie on TNT after its theatrical release. ;)

As for the question. I hesitate to answer most history questions like that because of the whole 20/20 hind site thing. We know the results. Also, where battles are concerned, things that may not make sense or look bad now, may not have been that way then. The plan, ( pre Pickett's charge), as General Lee drew it up, could and probably did make good tactical sense at the time. All that said, I think Lee should have at least considered Longstreet's advice and come up with an alternate plan other than " Pickett's Charge". The ground for that attack, was not good ground. :) Way too wide open. :)

I hereby proclaim my eternal love for Tommy Boy. I don't think I've ever quoted a movie as much as that one.

Tommy: Fat guy in a little coooat

Richard : Housekeeping. You want mint for pillow?

Tommy: Please go away let me sleep *for the love of God*.

Richard : Housekeeping. You want me to jerk you off?

Tommy: What kind of hotel is this?

Tommy: Does this suit make me look fat?

Richard: No, your face does.

Tommy: Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug.

The Messenger - Story of Joan of Arc.

No matter what time of day it comes on, if I'm home, I'm watching it.

5th Element.

It's just a coincidence that the same actress is in both movies.

Snatch

One of my all time favorites.

Ferris Buller's Day Off

It's been on cable a lot the past month and I watch it over and over.

Stalag 17.

An oldie but a favorite of mine. I wouldn't know if it was panned or not back in the day, but I enjoy staying up late at night when I can't sleep and watching it.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Among movies I've watched the past few nights. Sigh. Demolition man.

ahh, I see you have Starz. :)

awesome movie, I watched it the other night too. Although I wish they'd say how to use the shells... I lay awake wondering myself. :laugh:

Originally posted by zoony

ahh, I see you have Starz. :)

awesome movie, I watched it the other night too. Although I wish they'd say how to use the shells... I lay awake wondering myself. :laugh:

Ummmmmm. No. Er......

I have it on DVD :doh:

What? ( throws hand in air). It was sale at Wal-Mart. $4.50. ( yeah yeah. Too much. Whatever. ).

Sigh.

( Walks away with hands in pockets).

Happy Bday Zoony.

I've read all these posts, and the movies on my list that I've already seen mentioned:

Dark City

Snatch

Big Trouble in Little China

Mystery Men

and ones that haven't been mentioned yet:

the Stunt Man

the Gods Must be Crazy

Silver Streak

the Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai

Transylvania 6-5000

City of the Lost Children

Monty Python and the Holy Grail / Life of Brian

Silent Running

I'm not sure what the critics had to say about any of these, so I'm not sure all of them fit, but what the heck...

Originally posted by Brave

I forgot about Cool Hand Luke.

PCS ... let me get this straight ... you got the DVD of Demolition Man??!!?? :laugh: Talk about your unwise spending! :laugh:

:doh: I knew it. I just knew it. Should just have :shutup: But oh no. I have to go and ........ sigh....

;)

Airheads

The Girl Next Door

Bubba Hotep-All of you Evil Dead fans will love this movie if you haven't seen it already, Bruce Campbell playing Elvis in an Elderly home teaming up with a black JFK to try and kill an ancient mummy (some great one liners in this movie)

Along Came Polly...LET IT RAIN!!

Dittos on Can't Hardly Wait and Kung Pow (one of the funniest movies EVER...taco taco taco bell

Originally posted by BayouBrave86

Bubba Hotep-All of you Evil Dead fans will love this movie if you haven't seen it already, Bruce Campbell playing Elvis in an Elderly home teaming up with a black JFK to try and kill an ancient mummy (some great one liners in this movie)

Bubba Ho-Tep is pretty funny...but you gotta be a Bruce Campbell fan. I think the majority of people who watch it are like :wtf:

And speaking of movies that I can't change the channel for, Malibu's Most Wanted immediately springs to mind. That movie is so dumb, but I just can't stop watching it once it comes on...

Anything by Kubrick but especially Paths of Glory, Lolita, Killer's Kiss, Barry Lyndon & A Clockwork Orange

any Laurel & Hardy movie

any Alfred Hitch**** movie

Cool Hand Luke

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Citizen Kane

As far as more recent stuff goes:

Office Space

Fargo

The Sixth Sense

Malcom X

The Big Lebowski