Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What films ru oddly passionate about?

Mooka

Originally posted by dks1240

"the sweetest thing" (yea i know)

OMG... :doh:

seems like it was about a month ago... I walked into the living room and my wife was watching something on comedy central. I sat down to watch... I honestly thought it was some kind of Saturday Night Live skit where they were trying to intentionally be bad. It was, of course 'the sweetest thing'

Seriously. :doh: It was AWFUL. I mean, I've seen better movies in 3rd grade health class.

Sorry, not trying to pick on you at all ( :) ) ... its just that I feel like I've found the holy grail or something... somebody who actually liked that movie. :)

Oh well, I get the same treatment from most people I know when I admit I like 'Signs'. But me and jrockster77 are gonna beat this. :)

Top Secret - Funny Val Kilmer movie - "Hillary, thats an unusual name" "Its a german name, it means she who bosoms defy gravity." - Great movie filled with one-liners.

Brain Donors - Another slapstick comedy - "A Flakfizer doesn't know the meaning of the word 'NO', and we're a little fuzzy on 'petnagluten' and 'viscocity'..."

Boiler Room - Great movie and my generation's Wall Street - "Notorious B.I.G. said it best: Either your slinging crack rock, or you got a wicked jump shot.' Nobody wants to work for it anybore. There's no honor in taking the after school job at Mickey D's. Honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack rock. I became a stock broker."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Everyone wanted to be Ferris - "When Cameron was in Egypt's land, let my Cameron go....."

Three Tom Cruise movies, A Few Good Men, Top Gun, and Days of Thunder - Lines from these movies are used all the time in normal life. From "You can't handle the truth" to "Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full" to "There's nothing I can't do in a race car." All classics.

Office Space - If you have ever worked in an office, you can relate.

Originally posted by zoony

seems like it was about a month ago... I walked into the living room and my wife was watching something on comedy central. I sat down to watch... I honestly thought it was some kind of Saturday Night Live skit where they were trying to intentionally be bad. It was, of course 'the sweetest thing'

Seriously. :doh: It was AWFUL. I mean, I've seen better movies in 3rd grade health class.

Sorry, not trying to pick on you at all ( :) ) ... its just that I feel like I've found the holy grail or something... somebody who actually liked that movie. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a terrible movie! There is only one funny part in the whole movie (near the end), which I won't ruin for those fortunate souls who haven't seen it yet. I didn't get to the funny part the first time because I had to change the channel so fast.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well, I get the same treatment from most people I know when I admit I like 'Signs'. But me and jrockster77 are gonna beat this. :)

Hell yeah! 'Signs' is quality entertainment!

Originally posted by zoony

first off Signs is AWESOME!

secondly, okay i watched the movie for the first time my freshman year of college with all the girls who lived on the same floor in my dorm! so of course a bunch of 18 year old college girls are going to like the movie. i admitt its bad, but it holds a special place in my heart :laugh:

You know typically a hollywood movie requires a person to suspend disbelief. Signs went a little further requiring a person to blindly defenestrate all logic. I mean seriously, whoever planned that alien invasion should be fired. It would be like the US military attacking Iraq with a bunch of naked soldiers with baseball bats that got sick and died when the sun went down.

Interview with the Vampire

Uncle Buck

Big Trouble in Little China

Originally posted by EvoSkins

Top Secret - Funny Val Kilmer movie - "Hillary, thats an unusual name" "Its a german name, it means she who bosoms defy gravity."…

LOL. My favorite line from the whole movie was the line right after that…

Nick: "My name's Nick"

Hillary: "Nick? What does that mean?"

Nick: "Nothing. My Dad thought of it when he was shaving."

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

You know typically a hollywood movie requires a person to suspend disbelief. Signs went a little further requiring a person to blindly defenestrate all logic. I mean seriously, whoever planned that alien invasion should be fired. It would be like the US military attacking Iraq with a bunch of naked soldiers with baseball bats that got sick and died when the sun went down.

Interview with the Vampire

Uncle Buck

Big Trouble in Little China

Big trouble in little China is the sh*t and Kirsten Duntz was great in interview with the vampire.

I hope that alien at the end of signs is ashamed of himself; Gibson cut his fingers off and he got straight punked by Quaquin(sp?) Pheonix. 9ft tall with claws and poison gas shootin from his hand and he can' take on a dude with a bat?

Q. Tarentino's Pulp Fiction w/Samuel Jackson & John Travolta have me :rotflmao:

Plus LIFE w/ Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence... those two have great chemistry... just listening to the one-liners that they shoot back and forth... CLASSIC

:cool:

Originally posted by iheartskins

Road House. For some reason I love that movie.

Golgo-13--I'm with you on the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies.

Road House is easily one of the best "bad" movies ever made. Great cheesy dialog. I really liked King Arthur, too. I think I must be the only one.

Hudson Hawk for advertised as an action movie.... and was a friggin musical. Terrible.

And Joe versus the Volcano (Tom Hanks) was the worst movie ever.

You guys can't put classics like Old Skool on these lists :) EVERYBODY loved that movie (Frank the Tank).

I actually liked the last 2 Matrix sequels.... but I know a lot of people here didn't.

Archived