Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

Every town in America has a good and unassuming Chinese American takeout restaurant and mom and pop Tex-Mex restaurant and the people who are saying they suck are being snobs.  Anyone who tells you they wouldn't absolutely devour a chimichanga drenched in white cheese or a box full of greasy soy-drenched chicken lo-mein is lying their ass off.

And some of the Chinese restaurants tucked away in that random strip mall are legitimately making haute cuisine, they just don't look like it and don't get to charge for it.

• Like 2

The proliferation of IPAs is one of society's greatest failures.  Who the **** decided that hops are delicious and the amount of hops in a beer should be quadrupled?  Like, I'm fine with that as an option, but just way too much focus on IPAs. 

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You're ****ing hilarious, always have been.

Unpopular opinion:  The Orioles aren't that bad.

:)

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm leaving this thread. I'm already starting to hate all of you 

edit: Too late. Read some more and definitely hate all of you

Oh I have so many more.  I'm going to find you and strap you into a clock-work orange type set up and force you to continue reading this thread.

Here's one that's probably low-hanging fruit for this crowd of Eastern yankees: I know I said that people who like Bruce Springsteen live lives devoid of art but that was a joke.  Everyone I know who likes him has excellent taste.  (they just don't have an authentic blue note in their soul, but whatever).

If you like the country music that comes on contemporary country radio then it straight up means you have bad taste and you actually do live a life devoid of art.  Popular contemporary country is a farce.  Computer algorithm written doggerel designed to cram as many cliches into a song as possible.

Is it political to say I believe if you get a life sentence it should automatically be a death sentence?  Add we should close-door guiatine people to save money instead if leathal injection and give people the option to go death row instead of spend rest if their life in jail? 

I've been hoping for a thread like this for a while now, unpopular opinion is my middle name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Outside of The Dark Knight and the first Iron Man, all the other comic book movies suck. Worst crap ever, and Hollywood just keeps cranking out more sequels to these ****ty movies.

I was actually going to post the same thing. All the comic book movies are awful. I'm sure everyone has 1 or 2 they like, but overall they suck. It's the classic example of quantity over quality. The quantity of money coming in on these films means they don't have to put out quality movies. 

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If you like the country music that comes on contemporary country radio then it straight up means you have bad taste and you actually do live a life devoid of art.  Popular contemporary country is a farce.  Computer algorithm written doggerel designed to cram as many cliches into a song as possible.

You think too much, Carrie Underwood is a fantastic artist, jus because you don't like doesn't mean it ain't good.

Popular country music does remind me of popular rap now (haven't I heard this somewhere before?)

Edit:  I'll add that I like Florida Georgia Line because they admit to liking hip hop and the influence it has in their music, and its always encouraging to hear artists talk highly about genres their fans typically don't like

Edited by Renegade7

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Unpopular opinion:  The Orioles aren't that bad.

:)

Well now you're just being stupid.

Agreed on the IPA thing, they are mostly terrible.  Wheat beers are superior.

Steve McQueen is one.  Not the poster here, but the actual actor.  I'm sure Bullitt (it's also spelled wrong, dummies) was a great movie for it's day and I'm sure the vaunted car chase was something that no one had seen before.  But I'm also pretty sure I made a more exciting car chase with my Matchbox cars in 1988 while living in Vienna, Va.  

I'm not saying he was a terrible actor, I just don't get it.  I keep hearing/reading things about him being a manly man, the coolest actor ever, whatever.  I just see a dude with a bird chest and a slight attitude problem.

I'm in the "I love IPAs but there's too damn many of them now" camp.

This thread is making me wish there were line item reactions. That way I could make it clear that I only like part of a post, or one half makes me laugh and one half makes me cry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

The Phantom Menace was the best movie of the prequel trilogy; the subsequent movies are unredeemable. Anyone who rates Revenge of the Sith over Return of the Jedi is in desperate need of a brain.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was the best show of the 1990s.

Breaking Bad is a well-executed but ultimately unambitious TV drama. Mad Men is so mediocre it will be lucky to be mentioned in conversation in 10 years.

The Dark Knight Rises is terrible, but it was the only way for Nolan to free himself from making another superhero movie.

Dunkirk is a sublime 70 minute war movie with a terrible 30 minute civilian subplot grafted on because Nolan ran out of money.

A promotion/relegation system would improve all American team sports.

Star Wars...disagree

Star Trek...wha????

Breaking Bad/Mad Men...no opinion

Dark Knight...it was cotton candy

Dunkirk...I was bored out of my mind...their telling of the Battle of Dunkirk bored me out of my mind...let that sink in.

Promotion/Relegation...100000000% agree!!!!

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Van Halen sucked ass and the fact that they're played so frequently on classic rock radio along with the likes of Led Zeppelin and Rush is a joke.

Unpopular opinion....classic rock stations have 50 years worth of material to choose from and yet I hear the same Zeppelin, Rush, and Pink Floyd songs every day...how is that even possible?!?!

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The proliferation of IPAs is one of society's greatest failures.  Who the **** decided that hops are delicious and the amount of hops in a beer should be quadrupled?  Like, I'm fine with that as an option, but just way too much focus on IPAs. 

It was the Bro's and the Hippsters.

I laugh at the hops thing all the time, "Brewed with 5x's more hops! Aged in hop filled barrels! Poured over hops during bottling! We throw hops at your face while you drink it!!" STHU already! Making good food and drink is about balance more than anything else, these Hop Bros found one thing and expect everyone to celebrate their bitter ass beer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You think too much, Carrie Underwood is a fantastic artist, jus because you don't like doesn't mean it ain't good.

Popular country music does remind me of popular rap now (haven't I heard this somewhere before?)

Edit:  I'll add that I like Florida Georgia Line because they admit to liking hip hop and the influence it has in their music, and its always encouraging to hear artists talk highly about genres their fans typically don't like

I loathe "Bro Country"! Country music is supposed to speak about life experiences, struggles, hardships, love, loss etc. Bro Country is written in a board room or worse yet a cubicle and is mass produced radio fodder that is built like SEO key word populating! 

Words and phrases that should be banned from country music:

Moneymaker

Cut off jeans

Ice cold beer

Pick up truck

Catfish

Tailgate

By the lake

Summertime

"Girl"

Party

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Steve McQueen is one.  Not the poster here, but the actual actor.  I'm sure Bullitt (it's also spelled wrong, dummies) was a great movie for it's day and I'm sure the vaunted car chase was something that no one had seen before.  But I'm also pretty sure I made a more exciting car chase with my Matchbox cars in 1988 while living in Vienna, Va.  

Oh man...sooooo agree!!

One of my friends on facebook asked for opinions of best car chase scenes and immediately three mentions of Bullitt popped up. So, I went and looked up the chase scene. MAYBE back in the day that was an amazing ground breaking scene, but I'm pretty sure I've duplicated that trying to hurry to the bank before they close!

Now compare that to these....

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Driving to the very end of a merging lane before actually merging is the proper way to merge and helps with the flow of traffic.

There are soooo many smart people in this thread!!!

Zipper merge people!!!!