Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hopkins? Injured? How? He was 3/3 on FGs Sunday, he can’t be THAT injured....

You have no idea the things that can happen.  Do you think he wants to be injured? Do you think a guy that right now could seriously be considered the MVP of the offense (yes i know, low bar but still, it's either him or AP) wants to sit out a few games? Why? Trying to get a better contract? 

Yea, I am actually OK but I just want to **** with them! This just makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, carex said:

the Skins waived Holsey.  Maybe you can't waive people from PUP

Once on Pre-season PUP (regular season PUP have slightly different rules) you have to wait 6 weeks before they can practice. The team then has 3 weeks to decide to put them on the active roster (and release someone) or release that player. He reached the point where they had to make a call - put him on the 53, release him or put him on IR. 

Based on tenure I believe he has to clear waivers. If he clears waivers I believe they can resign him to the PS. But not positive about that. 

Just now, Morneblade said:

Link?

I see Mack Brown getting waived, not Holsey

It's a few comments back - nickyJ

image.png.08826650902f168aa1aef72761a59450.png

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

You have no idea the things that can happen.  Do you think he wants to be injured? Do you think a guy that right now could seriously be considered the MVP of the offense (yes i know, low bar but still, it's either him or AP) wants to sit out a few games? Why? Trying to get a better contract? 

Yea, I am actually OK but I just want to **** with them! This just makes no sense. 

...? Maybe calm down there ?? i was in NO WAY accusing him of “wanting to be injured” or “wanting to sit out a few games” so i have no idea where THAT came from. Maybe don’t flip out at me, ok? I was only genuinly ASKING how the injury occurred, as i didnt notice it on TV. 

My “he can’t be THAT injured” comment was my way of saying bringing in the kickers for a workout is most likely just precautionary. Not sure how you didn’t understand that ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

...? Maybe calm down there ?? i was in NO WAY accusing him of “wanting to be injured” or “wanting to sit out a few games” so i have no idea where THAT came from. Maybe don’t flip out at me, ok? I was only genuinly ASKING how the injury occurred, as i didnt notice it on TV. 

My “he can’t be THAT injured” comment was my way of saying bringing in the kickers for a workout is most likely just precautionary. Not sure how you didn’t understand that ??‍♂️

Calm down? Lol  I am perfectly calm. You made a mindless statement. The idea that you have any idea whatsoever how injured someone is sitting at home makes no sense. And what does 3/3 have to do with anything? He also had 5 kick-offs. I guess since he completed those kicks there is no way he could have been "that" injured. 

Your explanation above is just CYA. But let's just say you are just really bad with words and that's what you meant - again, what does what he did Sunday have to do with how injured he is? How does one equate to the other? They don't. Just because you didn't see him get injured means he can't be that injured and that' the point. Why not just say you hope it's precautionary and leave it at that instead of making any reference to what he did on Sunday which has zero relevance?

Moving on.

'

@goskins10 yes i am not good at getting my point across most of the time (part of my disability actually). I was NOT saying i had any idea how injured Dustin Hopkins is. I’m not a doctor, obviously. My “he can’t be THAT injured” was more THINKING (in a humorous way) that it isn’t too serious of an injury because of him being 3/3 on FGs (as i dont think even the best kicker could make 3 FGs while injured. But, perhaps I’m looking too much into 3 FGs. Who knows). 

You chose to accuse me of saying he “wanted to be injured” or “wants to sit out a few games”. Which i rightly took offense to. 

That is the last i am saying on the matter. If the injury does look to be a serious matter, bring on Forbath. Great guy :D 

IMO the skins specifically but the NFL as a whole neglects the importance of preventing injury to ligaments and tendons. 

The focus is on speed and power. While it's all good to be big, strong, and fast I believe there is a direct correlation to tearing tendons and ligaments. Those body parts don't have time to adjust to the unnatural mass gain and the faster movement adds extra strain. It leads to tears and sprains. Just a hypothesis that I formed back in the Orakpo days. 

4 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

IMO the skins specifically but the NFL as a whole neglects the importance of preventing injury to ligaments and tendons. 

The focus is on speed and power. While it's all good to be big, strong, and fast I believe there is a direct correlation to tearing tendons and ligaments. Those body parts don't have time to adjust to the unnatural mass gain and the faster movement adds extra strain. It leads to tears and sprains. Just a hypothesis that I formed back in the Orakpo days. 

In order for that to be true you would be implying that one has been taking PED's.  Otherwise the muscle gains would correlate with the training to gain the increased muscle mass.  There's is increased demands for hydration when body mass exceeds normal ratios.  I'd argue that unless a player is taking PEDs (which is a whole different situation), then a likely precursor to 'tearing tendons and ligaments' has to do with the impact and angle of the collision move that caused the injury and #1 helper being dehydration.  

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

bring on Forbath. Great guy :D 

yeah I liked Kai and wouldn't feel handicapped for a few games with him filling in.  :cheers:

So it looks like we're bringing back Marshall (https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/samaje-perine-ruled-out-week-11-expect-byron-marshall-be-activated-ir)for the game this Sunday. I am a big fan of Bibbs, but i think I can see why the team likes Marshall and Thompson. Bibbs apparently ran a 4. 6 40, whereas both Thompson and Marshall are in the 4.4 range. I also don't know if they can both line up at WR. I know Thompson can, but if Bibbs can as well, it adds some speed to our offense at a critical time. 

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So it looks like we're bringing back Marshall (https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/samaje-perine-ruled-out-week-11-expect-byron-marshall-be-activated-ir)for the game this Sunday. I am a big fan of Bibbs, but i think I can see why the team likes Marshall and Thompson. Bibbs apparently ran a 4. 6 40, whereas both Thompson and Marshall are in the 4.4 range. I also don't know if they can both line up at WR. I know Thompson can, but if Bibbs can as well, it adds some speed to our offense at a critical time. 

This has more to do with Perine being banged up and not able to go than anything to do with Bibbs. With him now out and Thompson still out Bibbs and AP were the only backs.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

This has more to do with Perine being banged up and not able to go than anything to do with Bibbs. With him now out and Thompson still out Bibbs and AP were the only backs.

I get that but I'm talking more about the fascination with Marshall in the first place. I didn't get it before, but if he had that quickness it can help. I do wonder about his durability though

14 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I get that but I'm talking more about the fascination with Marshall in the first place. I didn't get it before, but if he had that quickness it can help. I do wonder about his durability though

Well, he's a 220 pound back that runs a 4.4 and played WR at Oregon at the beginning of his career. So you have a guy that can run routes, catch the ball, but is the size of AP. I can see why coaches would like that.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Well, he's a 220 pound back that runs a 4.4 and played WR at Oregon at the beginning of his career. So you have a guy that can run routes, catch the ball, but is the size of AP. I can see why coaches would like that.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/byron-marshall?id=2555474

At the combine he was 5’9” and 201 pounds. That’s not Adrian Peterson size. And he ran a 4.56 at his pro day. He’s fine, but he’s not some huge athletic freak. 

I wish we could find a healthy veraion version of Chris Thompson. I think we should stop drafting players that missed a lot of time with injuries. 

Jonathan Allen apparently dropped a little because of concern for shoulder issues,  but he never missed a game at Alabama. That kind of risk is clearly different. 

58 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

At the combine he was 5’9” and 201 pounds. That’s not Adrian Peterson size. And he ran a 4.56 at his pro day. He’s fine, but he’s not some huge athletic freak. 

Not trying to debate sources but PFR has him at 4.42 speed https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MarsBy01.htm

If he can indeed play WR, it gives the offense some speed and playmaking ability

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/byron-marshall?id=2555474

I wish we could find a healthy veraion version of Chris Thompson. I think we should stop drafting players that missed a lot of time with injuries. 

Jonathan Allen apparently dropped a little because of concern for shoulder issues,  but he never missed a game at Alabama. That kind of risk is clearly different. 

Now listed at 225.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MarsBy01.htm

1 minute ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

I feel that the season-ending injury Sunday to the starting QB merits a post on this thread. This is that post.

Oh, it absolutely merits several. Most of those are going in the Alex Smith thread. Starting QB out for the year is big news. And it looks like the surgery went well, I'm seeing 6-8 month recovery time.

Archived