Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From NWA, who’s more successful: Ice Cube or Dr Dre?

Springfield

Ice Cube or Dr Dre  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more successful?

Ice Cube has an expansive musical AND acting career.  He is known as the lyrical genius behind NWA and has a vast catalogue.  Also, he’s acted in one of the most well respected comedies of all times (Friday... Next Friday) in addition to other  roles.

Dr Dre is one of the most well respected producers of all time spanning countless hits over multiple decades.  He started Aftermath records, Beats and became outrageously wealthy through Apple.

Who is more successful?

Ice Cube: rapper, actor, tv/movie producer, BIG 3 Founder & clothing line. 

Dr Dre: rapper, music producer, music label owner &  beats by dre

I think Cube edges Dre out, but Dre has a little more money, based off selling Beats by Dre.

I'll go with Dre. @PleaseBlitzmakes a good point about finding and helping other talent.  

For anyone who's touting Cube as an actor, are his performances in Friday, 3 Kings and Boyz in the Hood offset by stuff like XXX State of the Union, Ride Along, Are We There Yet, Barbershop 1 and 2...I mean, I like some of his movies but looking at his catalog....

Both have been highly successful, but Dre’s been a bigger influence and a better businessman.  He’s getting bigger into the movie production business, recently securing the rights to use Marvin Gaye’s music in biography film he’s producing.  People have been trying to do a Marvin Gaye movie for years but couldn’t secure rights from his estate.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

For anyone who's touting Cube as an actor, are his performances in Friday, 3 Kings and Boyz in the Hood offset by stuff like XXX State of the Union, Ride Along, Are We There Yet, Barbershop 1 and 2...I mean, I like some of his movies but looking at his catalog....

You can't expect every actor to have a flawless body of work like Nicholas Cage.

Archived