Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How a new GM could still save the Redskins

Tsailand

OK guys check out this possible future

1. Snyder fires Bruce Allen the day after the Super Bowl 

2. Synder enlists a qualified person (Joe Gibbs?) to interview the top GM candidates available and hire the best one by mid-late February.

3. The new GM is given final control over the roster.  For real this time.

4. The new GM will also have final control over coaching staff starting in 2020.  So he can't fire Gruden right away, but he alone will decide if Gruden gets extended again when the time comes.

5.  As his first act, the new GM calls up Andy Reid and tell him he is not going through with the idiotic trade Bruce negotiated.  Kendall Fuller stays a Redskin. The Chiefs are angry but they don't have any recourse besides threatening not to negotiate with us in the future. 

6.  As his second act, the new GM announces that in the interests of resolving our QB situation quickly, he will allow any team to meet and negotiate with Kirk immediately, rather than waiting until the March 12th legal tampering date.

7. The new GM will decide if we should pursue Kirk in free agency, or go after another free agent QB, or trade for one, or draft one, or a combination of those.  Jay Gruden and the other coaches will be involved, of course.  Dan Snyder will not have any input into the process and decision.

8. Snyder agrees to pay Scott the full amount owed in exchange for one free year of his scouting service (we would have controlled him until 2019 so that's only fair) and his permanent silence on what happened while he was here.

9. The Redskins become a serious franchise.

Everything I wrote is completely possible and legal.  The only hard part is Snyder pulling his head out of his *** and deciding to be a serious owner.

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

10. I finally get that date with Selma Hayek, and she brings along Liz Hurley for a threesome...

Just how old are you, like 70?

15 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

5.  As his first act, the new GM calls up Andy Reid and tell him he is not going through with the idiotic trade Bruce negotiated.  Kendall Fuller stays a Redskin. The Chiefs are angry but they don't have any recourse besides threatening not to negotiate with us in the future. 

6.  As his second act, the new GM announces that in the interests of resolving our QB situation quickly, he will allow any team to meet and negotiate with Kirk immediately, rather than waiting until the March 12th legal tampering date.

7. The new GM will decide if we should pursue Kirk in free agency, or go after another free agent QB, or trade for one, or draft one, or a combination of those.  Jay Gruden and the other coaches will be involved, of course.  Dan Snyder will not have any input into the process and decision.

I could see 5 happen as the trade is not official until March the 14th.

But if you do that, then you absolutely have to sign Kirk the minute after you do that, because otherwise you're back to the circus as you could lose Kirk, and Smith...

Leaving you with Colt McCoy as your QB.

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

10. I finally get that date with Selma Hayek, and she brings along Liz Hurley for a threesome...

Good luck, word is she's married to a french guy!

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Just how old are you, like 70?

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I could see 5 happen as the trade is not official until March the 14th.

But if you do that, then you absolutely have to sign Kirk the minute after you do that, because otherwise you're back to the circus as you could lose Kirk, and Smith...

We don't get to decide if Kirk signs with us.  He has said repeatedly that he wants free agency.  So give it to him and let him make his choice there.  Ironically, my plan of firing Bruce gives us the best chance of keeping Kirk, as it's the one which makes us the most attractive to a free agent QB who wants to win.

If Kirk decides not to sign with us, the new GM will have to find a new QB.  That will most likely result in a bad record in 2018.  I'm OK with that if it means we finally have the correct process.

2 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

We don't get to decide if Kirk signs with us.  He has said repeatedly that he wants free agency.  So give it to him and let him make his choice there.  Ironically, my plan of firing Bruce gives us the best chance of keeping Kirk, as it's the one which makes us the most attractive to a free agent QB who wants to win.

If Kirk decides not to sign with us, the new GM will have to find a new QB.  That will most likely result in a bad record in 2018.  I'm OK with that if it means we finally have the correct process.

I know and I share your point of view, that firing Bruce right now, would probably change Kirk's point of view about us and helps sign him easier.

51 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

OK guys check out this possible future

1. Snyder fires Bruce Allen the day after the Super Bowl 

2. Synder enlists a qualified person (Joe Gibbs?) to interview the top GM candidates available and hire the best one by mid-late February.

3. The new GM is given final control over the roster.  For real this time.

4. The new GM will also have final control over coaching staff starting in 2020.  So he can't fire Gruden right away, but he alone will decide if Gruden gets extended again when the time comes.

8. Snyder agrees to pay Scott the full amount owed in exchange for one free year of his scouting service (we would have controlled him until 2019 so that's only fair) and his permanent silence on what happened while he was here.

9. The Redskins become a serious franchise.

This is fun.

I honestly don't know if there are take-backs on trades. But let's pretend there is.

You are firing Bruce Allen on Monday, February 4th.

You are somehow going to hire a GM, have him turf the Smith trade, and figure out if we should tender Cousins all by the 20th.

That's a hell of a busy two weeks. Especially since Joe Gibbs is going to make this decision and probably doesn't know three people in the NFL currently. He's got a lot of research to do.

Joe Gibbs is 77. Why do you want to kill Joe Gibbs?

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I honestly don't know if there are take-backs on trades. But let's pretend there is.

The trade hasn't happened yet, so there totally is.

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You are firing Bruce Allen on Monday, February 4th.

You are somehow going to hire a GM, have him turf the Smith trade, and figure out if we should tender Cousins all by the 20th.

Why the 20th?  The new league year doesn't start until mid March.

We have seen competent teams move quickly when they need to pick up new GMs or HCs.

This is a sad thread. A very sad thread. Except for the Salma Hayek video. That was not sad at all. Until I realized that the chances of me finding a time machine and making that Salma Hayek from 20 years ago my girlfriend for a night is just about as likely to happen as the scenario painted in the original post. Then the whole thread became sad again. 

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

If you can pick my double deadbolt door locks, get by my Rottweiler AND my firepower, she's yours.

But I will have to say this; think of the term mayonnaise jar...  :P

Outside of the nice eye candy, I have to say I don't see even getting past #1. Dan drools over Bruce, probably not in a business way either, so I don't see Bruce being fired unless he sleeps with Dan's wife. He has a nice list of screw-ups and that hasn't even raised an eyebrow, even if Dan's is only 3 inches from the ground.

On a personal note, keep Jamie Cheng and Fan Bingbing out of your head; they're both MINE and I don't share...:D

5 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

This is a sad thread. A very sad thread. Except for the Salma Hayek video. That was not sad at all. Until I realized that the chances of me finding a time machine and making that Salma Hayek from 20 years ago my girlfriend for a night is just about as likely to happen as the scenario painted in the original post. Then the whole thread became sad again. 

The really sad part is that you think finding a time machine is the most unlikely part of that scenario.

Archived