Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Murphy Torn ACL Done For Season,Su’a Cravens Out 2-3 weeks

desertbeagle85

Read this morning Cravens may either have been a hyper-extension or a meniscus..  if it's the meniscus it may need surgery.. the good news is that is only a few weeks.

Murphy's didn't look good, especially because of his face as he left the field. I've read that the trainers can tell if it's an ACL or MCL tear almost right away, and he looked like he had been given bad news.

Here's hoping for the best.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Read this morning Cravens may either have been a hyper-extension or a meniscus..  if it's the meniscus it may need surgery.. the good news is that is only a few weeks.

Murphy's didn't look good, especially because of his face as he left the field. I've read that the trainers can tell if it's an ACL or MCL tear almost right away, and he looked like he had been given bad news.

Here's hoping for the best.

~Bang

Finlay said on twitter that Murphy had a left knee sprain:

Left knee sprain for Trent Murphy, per #Redskins PR

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Finaly said on twitter that Murphy had a left knee sprain:

Thats great news. Not that I am happy anyone is injured, but if it is anyone, I am happy that he is suspended so he can get healthy. Now just need to cross our fingers on Cravens.

What a train wreck last night huh? 

12 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Thats great news. Not that I am happy anyone is injured, but if it is anyone, I am happy that he is suspended so he can get healthy. Now just need to cross our fingers on Cravens.

If the injury winds up being semi-serious, such that Trent lands on IR, being suspended wouldnt really be a good thing, I would think.  

20 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Finlay said on twitter that Murphy had a left knee sprain:

A knee sprain can also mean torn ligaments.  That is usually the initial diagnosis until the MRI.  Then we will know.  We are not out of the woods with Murphy and if body language is any indication, it was not good.  I've had 4 knee surgeries and it was always a "sprain" until the MRI. 

2 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

The good news with Trent is his suspension (did I really just say that?)!  He will have till week 5 to be 100% ready so there won't be a need to try and rush to get him back for week 1.

Wouldnt that necessitate keeping him on the active roster though?

I know we all become doctors and body language experts around here, but I'll agree with others that judging by Murphy's reaction and the post game crutches, it doesn't look/sound good at all. Hopefully Cravens is of the far less serious variety. 

I figure just just about every team in the league will lose at least one regular player to a serious ailment before the season starts-- that's about par for the course. 

I actually feel less bad about Trent only because I feel we're, in theory, better stocked at that position than we are at safety.  And we were already gonna be without him the first month anyway.  

And if I'm being honest, he might need to prove the PEDs were just a coincidence as it relates to him having a breakout season last year.

33 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If the injury winds up being semi-serious, such that Trent lands on IR, being suspended wouldnt really be a good thing, I would think.  

They said its a knee sprain. I guess that could mean torn ligaments, but i'm taking the optimistic approach where nothing is torn. Obviously if he is on IR, that wouldnt make sense. 

Preseason games need to be ended.  Maybe a couple games for back ups and rookies to assess for making the team. Endless injuries for meaningless games for players that everyone knows are going to make the team and start. So what if the first two real games are sloppy football. If all teams are in the same boat it won't matter.

9 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Preseason games need to be ended.  Maybe a couple games for back ups and rookies to assess for making the team. Endless injuries for meaningless games for players that everyone knows are going to make the team and start. So what if the first two real games are sloppy football. If all teams are in the same boat it won't matter.

I agree with this. I think the league will be lobbying hard for an 18 game regular season with 2 pre season games in the next CBA. It just makes sense really.

Always scary going into Baltimore to play, I remember a few years back some defensive player got hurt and that was the end of his season. Something Campbell if I remember correctly. Hope they're alright.

RE: Preseason, they don't need to be ended. Maybe shortened, but it's clear that there are still kinks that need some time to be worked out. We saw yesterday why you need preseason. Guys were just not in the football mindset after all that time off. 3 games is fine. 18 games is too much. You can do 2 or 3 preseason games and a 16 game schedule

If Su'a's out for a couple of weeks, Deshazor will be the week 1 starter. Su's lack of experience at SS combined with his lack of speed is a bad combination. Without gaining any more experience, I wouldn't have any confidence in him back there. Not to mention the worrying fact that injuries are really piling up for him in his young career. The way Deshazor came on last year was Kyshon-like, he deserves a shot.  

That being said, I'm sure Su'a's injury isn't serious, I just hope the coaches correctly evaluate our talent, regardless of draft capital.

58 minutes ago, CTskin said:

If Su'a's out for a couple of weeks, Deshazor will be the week 1 starter. Su's lack of experience at SS combined with his lack of speed is a bad combination.  With the way Deshazor came on last year was Kyshon-like, he deserves a shot.  

I feel Deshazor probably SHOULD start in all honesty.  I don't know how it will all pan out but he "looks" like a more natural player at safety.  It's like they are trying to create a position for Cravens.  He has talent & ability and I don't know what the answer is for Su'a, but Everett looks the part to my unprofessional eye.  

2 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

A knee sprain can also mean torn ligaments.  That is usually the initial diagnosis until the MRI.  Then we will know.  We are not out of the woods with Murphy and if body language is any indication, it was not good.  I've had 4 knee surgeries and it was always a "sprain" until the MRI. 

Technically a knee sprain is a tear, just a much lower severity.  When we think of tears, we think of the worst kind.  Similar to how a hairline fracture is technically a broken arm, but when we think broken bone, we think Joey T on Monday night.

2 hours ago, PortisBetts said:

What a train wreck last night huh? 

Yep, if it had to be anyone, let it be the suspended guy.  That's how I felt with Williams when he got suspended, at least he had some time to rest up.

Related to Cravens, maybe he's not the most natural safety, but I think the point more is to have a playmaker on the field.  He can be a "safety" who's really playing linebacker.  Remember who won us the Giants game.

Archived