Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Murphy Torn ACL Done For Season,Su’a Cravens Out 2-3 weeks

desertbeagle85

That's really unfortunate for Trent. I always feel bad when a guy goes down in general, but when it happens during a preseason game? Devastating. :/ 

7 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Damn.  Thought he would escape this.  So he said out the year and suspended next year first four games?  ****ty situation. Galette better play well.... 

I don't think that's how it works, right?

Galette had a two-game suspension the year we signed him, but when he went out for the year that still counted as him technically serving his suspension. He hasn't played in two years and it hasn't meant that he still owes those two games. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

That's really unfortunate for Trent. I always feel bad when a guy goes down in general, but when it happens during a preseason game? Devastating. :/ 

Galette had a two-game suspension the year we signed him, but when he went out for the year that still counted as him technically serving his suspension. He hasn't played in two years and it hasn't meant that he still owes those two games. 

Trent Murphy is suspended the first 4 games of this season. Healthy, injured or a Free Agent. No matter what, he is suspended on September 2nd until the Monday after game 4.

Sucks for Trent Murphy.  I think the prospect of him ever becoming a "stud" is gone, but he definitely seemed to develop into a valuable situational player.  

As far as Cravens....*phew* dodged a bullet there.  Rest up and be ready to go against Philly.

21 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Damn.  Thought he would escape this.  So he said out the year and suspended next year first four games?  ****ty situation. Galette better play well.... 

According to Rotoworld the suspension counts during his injury. So in other words.

The suspension will be over next year and he won't have to miss any games because of that.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Sucks for Trent Murphy.  I think the prospect of him ever becoming a "stud" is gone, but he definitely seemed to develop into a valuable situational player.  

As far as Cravens....*phew* dodged a bullet there.  Rest up and be ready to go against Philly.

I agree

I'd rather lose Trent over Cravens.

Now of course I don't want to lose either, but I believe this is a big year to figure out what we have with Cravens.

Well, it'll make the cut down a bit easier. If Anderson can teach Trail how to set the edge on a run play, I want that guy on the 53.

It's only 2-3 weeks for Su'a, but those would have been 2-3 weeks of vital experience. I don't expect to see him starting for a while.

4 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Well I guess that partially/temporarily solves the logjam issue for the OLBs 

Always look on the brighter side of life...  

(I wanted to post the image or song from Monte Python, but it is really tasteless and possibly offensive (while being insanely hysterical), so I will not do so.) But that's what immediately popped into my head.  

I always think it is realistic/reasonable to expect at least one contributing player per team to go down for an extended period in camp/pre-season. At this juncture, I think we seem to be a relatively "healthy" team. Through one pre-season game, Murphy is the only guy that we would count on to do anything that projects to not be there week 1. And in his case the blow is slightly lessened by the fact that he wasn't going to be there weeks 1-4 anyway. To me, now we've had our "big" pre-season injury and fingers crossed that we don't see any additional the next 3 weeks.

23 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Appears you are right I was speculating. It's a silver lining, at least! 

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Well, it'll make the cut down a bit easier. If Anderson can teach Trail how to set the edge on a run play, I want that guy on the 53.

It's only 2-3 weeks for Su'a, but those would have been 2-3 weeks of vital experience. I don't expect to see him starting for a while.

Who would start instead of Su'a? (Serious question.)

Did anyone see the play where Trent was hurt?  This is what happened:

Zach Brown blows up Taliafero (FB) and he FLIES backwards... right into Trent Murphy's knees.  True story.

Sad news for him for sure. All we can say is 'next man up,' and that's pretty much Ryan Anderson, who had a stellar debut.

Archived