Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Will be interesting to see how much carryover there is for next season from all of this.  Obviously a large percentage won't pay much attention again until they are in the playoffs and go on another run again, but I hope this also results in a lot of new fans that get hooked on the game like I did.

I've been to a decent amount of big time sports events but I've never been a part of anything like what I saw on Saturday and Monday.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Based on social media posts on Twitter and this forum, I really don't think they are sold out.  Like nobody except 1 or 2 people said they got tickets.  If they are really sold out, who has them all?

They're showing up on Craigslist for like $600 with screenshots to prove someone received them.

Monumental is usually pretty good with organizing things but they seemed to have really botched the execution of this event.

I'm not saying people didn't get them, but I really don't think that 10k+ sold out in seconds of it opening up.  And if they did, you'd have more people on social media posting they got in.  It seems like the full pool wasn't available at 1pm.

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I was planning on going down and just watching it in the street on the big screens just to be in that environment, but was going to get tickets as well so that if we wanted to go in we could do that too.  I'm concerned with how the sound is though when watching it outside.  I don't like watching games that much if I can't hear anything.

Maybe you could stream nbc or radio feed on a phone?  I don't know how the sound is either, but might be a good idea to have a backup plan

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Gotta be resellers gaming the system.  I’ve heard of no one actually getting tickets.

i got offered a spot in a suite with an open bar.  Already made plans with my dad and wife to watch at home.  Sad ****ing face.

1) Take dad and wife with you to suite

2) Tell host that you assumed that invite was for you and 2 guests

3) Tell security that you are not above making a huge scene and liberally use "Do you know who I am?!?!?!"

4) Stop making eye contact with everyone for rest of the night

5) Profit?????

26 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I'd be happy if they win Thursday, but my dream is they when Sunday night with me in the building!

I don't care if they win it on a Jr. league rink in Beavebutt Saskatchewan at 2:17 am with only a telegraph feed relaying the score. I just want them to win the thing already.

35 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I'd be happy if they win Thursday, but my dream is they when Sunday night with me in the building!

I mean if I could script it obviously that would be the dream scenario.

However, I can't script it and it isn't worth the risk of the Caps blowing the series so I'll be cheering hard for a win tomorrow night.

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Gotta be resellers gaming the system.  I’ve heard of no one actually getting tickets.

Yup.  Craigslist is now flooded with "fans" who suddenly "had something come up and can't make it tomorrow night" (10 minutes after they claimed them for free). But as a few of them state, "our loss is your gain" as we can buy the passes from them and go ourselves (for $100 - $200 each).

Nicely done, Monumental Sports!

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

i got offered a spot in a suite with an open bar.  Already made plans with my dad and wife to watch at home.  Sad ****ing face.

How are people getting suites?  And with full service?  

Also, suites come with 2 guest tickets, which means if they have 2 tickets to get into the stadium, they can get into a suite with the guest pass.  And it's VERY easy to "sneak" extra people into suites too.

1 hour ago, capcrunch98 said:

Yup.  Craigslist is now flooded with "fans" who suddenly "had something come up and can't make it tomorrow night" (10 minutes after they claimed them for free). But as a few of them state, "our loss is your gain" as we can buy the passes from them and go ourselves (for $100 - $200 each).

Nicely done, Monumental Sports!

This is what doesn't make sense.  They claimed that they were having more tickets available than seats, so first come first serve still - you just needed a ticket.  If they just had "unlimited" tickets then these resellers wouldn't be doing jack **** and people who want to see the game could get in.

Companies have year long suite leases and others have first right of refusal with a suites mini-plan type deal. They all always get first dibs on these type things. We sold suites for this game as well at $1000-$2000 total for about 20 people depending on floor, but didn't include food/drinks, though you can order that separate. That sold out the morning after Game 4, with a 30 person waitlist+ lol

My advice is find someone at a huge company with a big suite lease and workout a deal to get to the stics game with them!

11 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Companies have year long suite leases and others have first right of refusal with a suites mini-plan type deal. They all always get first dibs on these type things. We sold suites for this game as well at $1000-$2000 total for about 20 people depending on floor, but didn't include food/drinks, though you can order that separate. That sold out the morning after Game 4, with a 30 person waitlist+ lol

My advice is find someone at a huge company with a big suite lease and workout a deal to get to the stics game with them!

I do have a hookup for a suite with full service with top shelf liquor and food, like crab cakes, steaks, etc.  He said they don't sell them for these viewing parties though.  I wonder if it's because of the Mystics game prior.

We got it for 2 of the Wizards playoff games and a regular season game of theirs.

I also hope the Nationals DON'T open their stadium for a viewing party.  I'd rather the environment and crowds and excitement all be in one area rather than splitting it up.

so is there sound during the outdoor viewing parties? Did anyone answer that

I hate what Ticketmaster is doing but now for concerts, the tickets have to be redeemed by the individual who "bought" the tickets.  The Broncos do this too. it's a brillant idea.  They even tell you that you can't sell them or transfer 

2 hours ago, youngestson said:

I don't care if they win it on a Jr. league rink in Beavebutt Saskatchewan at 2:17 am with only a telegraph feed relaying the score. I just want them to win the thing already.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Since we have an extra day that we need to kill, here is some hilarious reading material that I came across:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/around-the-nhl-time-to-root-for-vegas.2495183/page-58

SouthGeorge: Everybody is mad the Capitals are going to win a Stanley Cup and it's just a friendly reminder how it's come to this. 

Yeah, well we were pretty pissed off ourselves that the Eagles won their first SB, but there it is.

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Looks like 5minutemajor pwned SouthGeorge :lol:

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

so is there sound during the outdoor viewing parties? Did anyone answer that

I hate what Ticketmaster is doing but now for concerts, the tickets have to be redeemed by the individual who "bought" the tickets.  The Broncos do this too. it's a brillant idea.  They even tell you that you can't sell them or transfer 

Yes there is, I asked my friend who was at both home games outside.  He said there were 4 huge screens all with sound.  He also said that everyone was drinking and the cops didn't care as long as you weren't bothering anyone.  He recommended bringing lawn chairs though too.

I also wonder what's going to happen when like 65k of those tickets end up on Craigslist and no one is buying them.  Is the arena going to be even more empty this game than previous ones lol?

10 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

One of the bosses noticed my sparkly red nails, I explained that as soon as the Caps win the Cup, I'll be back to a normal color. He said "All for hockey?"...and I said "I know of one dude that did an extra load of laundry to make sure his lucky red boxers were clean for Monday night's game."

He sends props, pj.?

Lucky Red Drawers are in the wash right now. Worth the extra soap and water if we win it.

Archived