Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Planning on going to game 4. 

My wife has told me there is no way I am *NOT* going to a game.

If it wasn't Ramadan, I'd head out to sin city for game 1. But that would be haram :( 

You can do anything you want after you break your fast? I mean during the day you have to be an angel but after sunset you can be a devil. :ols: :D 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Well he has a few shutouts this post season.

...but now Holtby does too.  Two in a row, going into this series.

Make it about Flower, I like that.  Keep the Caps as the underdog.

Caps have been underdogs in that last two series. In fact I think they were a much bigger underdog vs Tampa than we will be against Vegas.

Confidence, people. Believe.

Listened to a lot of nhl radio today.  The big discussion amongst all the pundits is whether it will take LVGK 5 games or 6 to win.  Everyone seems to think this is the best team since the 88 Oilers

Guess the caps shouldnt bother

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Listened to a lot of nhl radio today.  The big discussion amongst all the pundits is whether it will take LVGK 5 games or 6 to win.  Everyone seems to think this is the best team since the 88 Oilers

Guess the caps shouldnt bother

If only for the show girls and good food, I think they should at least show up.  

Honestly, those last two games are because Holtby found a place I didnt believe he could access.  He was outstanding.

Listening to talk radio in Tampa and DC all day.  It's been glorious.  Most Tampa fans are tipping their caps today.  Although too many still complaining about the refs and Tom Wilson.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread for the past decade or so.  I'm glad they finally pushed through and we get to see the longtime players (and Trotz) play for the Cup.

I need to stop looking at secondary market prices like @maxspruill21 paid.  Those tickets are a section over from me and selling based on those prices would almost pay for the whole season.

No way I'm missing a game though.  I hope they can finish the job.

Perhaps @No excuses can invite us all into his coa suite

es party suite

2 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Planning on going to game 4. 

My wife has told me there is no way I am *NOT* going to a game.

If it wasn't Ramadan, I'd head out to sin city for game 1. But that would be haram :( 

Don't you live in Raleigh

1 hour ago, maxspruill21 said:

Well boys theirs a time in life where you just have to say **** it. Going to watch the squad play for Lord Stanley, it’s going to be a memory for a lifetime.

Should have waited for prices to drop. Did you get those seats by the glass??? What the ****???

you literally paid more than I did for my season tickets and playoff tickets. for One Game.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Should have waited for prices to drop. Did you get those seats by the glass??? What the ****???

you literally paid more than I did for my season tickets and playoff tickets. for One Game.

I definitely overpaid, wanted to secure 3 seats. Split that between 3 friends. I could have waited but didn’t want to risk it, no way I can miss the first home game. I live in at the beach so season tickets are not possible for me. 

31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Just my .02 but that's kind of a douchey reponse. So what if he paid extra..he's going to the Stanley Cup with his buddies.

We should all be enjoying it..not tearing down people based on what they paid for Stanley Cup game tix.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Honestly, those last two games are because Holtby found a place I didnt believe he could access.  He was outstanding.

Listening to talk radio in Tampa and DC all day.  It's been glorious.  Most Tampa fans are tipping their caps today.  Although too many still complaining about the refs and Tom Wilson.

Tampa fans were class last night. They didn't boo us when we were celebrating on their ice last night, but instead cheered their team(which they absolutely should do). They don't throw trash like Philly fans or whine like Pittsburgh/Colombus fans. Don't really have anything bad to say about the city or the team, their coach and best players like Stamkos did nothing but praise us. Good people down there.

51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You aren't getting STANLEY CUP FINALS tickets for less than $500.

As the resident ticket guy I'll say this:

You can get upper level season tickets for next year, 2 seats, for $3000-$4500 total. Pay monthly.
The season ticket cost of the stanley cup final tickets for 400 level seats that are open is between $83-$118 a ticket, per game. Pay at the end of the round for how many games were played.

Let's just say $110 a ticket playoff price at $3500 total price. $4160 total for all 41 games next year AND this final round of playoffs.

If you can't do that, then don't buy re-sale tickets right now. We haven't gone online with our pre-sales yet to season ticket or partial plan holders, or to general public. That will be early next week. Once that supply hits the market, prices will drop especially if you can get the original inventory. (As someone above alluded to)

And if anyone wants season ticket PM me, but happy to advise on what is a good or not good deal otherwise!

Re Tampa fans.  I went to a Bucs/Giants playoff game years ago with my brother in law.  Guys behind us were Giants fans, but nice guys.  Talked to them throughout the game.  The Giants were destroying the Bucs and we were leaving with about 10 minutes left.  Said goodbye to the guys behind us and one of them said "Hey, nobody here seems really pissed off".  To which my BIL replied- "It's January and 80 degrees.  We'll go fishing or golfing next week instead of football."  I find that to be the case with most TB fans.  Their are obnoxious drunks like everywhere else, but for the most part, the're too happy about where they live to be bothered by sports losses.

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I don't understand what the fear is about Fleury. Wasn't he terrible just a couple of seasons ago? Weren't Pittsburgh fans all over him,

claiming he was a playoff choker and demanding his release? And didn't Matt Murray eventually win his job? 

Sorry I cannot be intimidated by Fleury. He might be on a little bit of a hot streak atm but that is all it is, a streak. OV and Co will bring him

crashing back down to earth.

This is why:

When the Flower is on, he is one of the best in the business. Other than game 1 WCF, his save percentage games 2-5 was like an average of around .950. He has stone walled us in the past, including last seasons 2-0 29 save shutout in game 7. We have also lit him up at times, it all just depends on which Fleury shows up. He plays 4 games against us like his previous 4 against the Jets, I hope Holtby can notch another few shutouts because we will need them to win 1-0. I'm not saying we cannot beat him in a best of 7, but it's likely he steals a game or two at least for the Knights unless we get more shutouts. 

I was knocking on Holtby for his lack of shutouts and boy am I glad they came when they did. Other than the Boston series, he hadn't really stolen us a series like he just did not allowing a goal in the last 8 periods. Stolen might not be the right word because the rest of the team played well, but you can't win if you don't score so Tampa didn't even have a chance because of Holtby. I hope this is the Holtby that shows up for the SCF. He's been great and his play is what you need to go all the way which he hasn't had in playoffs past. We are getting a lot more scoring this year which I think is helping Holtby relax. Normally most nights we were good for 1-2 goals and the pressure was always on him to be perfect. Pretty much everyone on the ice has contributed this year now that Bura lit the lamp twice last night.

1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

As the resident ticket guy I'll say this:

You can get upper level season tickets for next year, 2 seats, for $3000-$4500 total. Pay monthly.
The season ticket cost of the stanley cup final tickets for 400 level seats that are open is between $83-$118 a ticket, per game. Pay at the end of the round for how many games were played.

Let's just say $110 a ticket playoff price at $3500 total price. $4160 total for all 41 games next year AND this final round of playoffs.

If you can't do that, then don't buy re-sale tickets right now. We haven't gone online with our pre-sales yet to season ticket or partial plan holders, or to general public. That will be early next week. Once that supply hits the market, prices will drop especially if you can get the original inventory. (As someone above alluded to)

And if anyone wants season ticket PM me, but happy to advise on what is a good or not good deal otherwise!

I agree we need to wait. I can wait as long as I want I already got my tickets in April! 

TBH my Redskins secret was to purchase tickets day of in front of the stadium. Not from the scalper, but rather your phone, frantically searching Stubhub and Seatgeek for the lowest prices. Then you could have them scan your PDF and you could get desperation last minute tickets. Although I'm not sure how this process would work if you had 2 or 3 people tagging along who were getting impatient. 

Archived