Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I feel like the difference with this caps team vs the past 7 years has been the young guys really stepping up.  Everyone wants to talk about Ovi changing etc., but looking at all the help theyve gotten from the young guys has been most impressive.  And not just goals... defense, smart puck movement, blocking shots, etc

Just now, zoony said:

I feel like the difference with this caps team vs the past 7 years has been the young guys really stepping up.  Everyone wants to talk about Ovi changing etc., but looking at all the help theyve gotten from the young guys has been most impressive.  And not just goals... defense, smart puck movement, blocking shots, etc

And some really good bounces this year. Heck, even Orpik has bee excellent. 

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Agreed, but I also think they feed off of The Captain.

Ovechkin s goal, Tommy whooping ass, DSP and Oshie blocking shots...never in doubt boys. What a ****ing amazing performance. Holtby played amazing and saved our bacon. Bura is confident now. We’re going to the CUP boys and girls!!!! We are winning this ****ing thing!

our Redox yankees 04 moment was against the Pens

The weather is going to be perfect in DC tomorrow. For those of you still local, soak it in. Enjoy it. 

Hopefully I will be back up there for game 4. So incredible. The first championship appearance for a DC team since ES went live in 2000. Happy to celebrate with all of you awful people ;)

Brian Mclellan looks like Neil Mcdonough lolol

Just now, SkinsHokieFan said:

The weather is going to be perfect in DC tomorrow. For those of you still local, soak it in. Enjoy it. 

Hopefully I will be back up there for game 4. So incredible. The first championship appearance for a DC team since ES went live in 2000. Happy to celebrate with all of you awful people ;)

Im going to drink more

On 5/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, Koala said:

If this team has a future, its to be built around Kuznetsov, not around an aging Ovi.  Trade Ovi now, you can get probably get a few high draft picks, or at least a near-Forsberg-level talent (a young star, not quite a superstar).  Trade Backstrom, I think you could get either a genuine top 4 defenseman to shore up the defense (Djoos, Carlson, Orlov + another good defenseman is pretty damn solid defensive core), or you could try to get a good young #2 center (Kuzy and couple new young stars would make this offense awesome again).  And then, you can still trade Holtby to fill the other holes.  To me, thats the best way to ensure that this team is gonna be competitive again in the near future, and to avoid a painful total rebuilding process.   The worst thing we could do is to roll in next year with pretty much the same group.  If we do, Im not watching.  .  

Yeah, I'll take this team right now that's headed to the Finals.  Trading your big guns for prospects doesn't work in hockey like it does in the NFL.  

It sounds like the Golden Knights are favored, but the Caps are coming in with 10 years of frustration and anger they're about to unload.  Ovechkin isn't going to **** around at all.  Kind of like when the Red Sox made it to the World Series back in 2004 after coming back and beating the Yankees, the Cardinals were just ****ed.

7 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

And if we beat the Knights, best believe the Nats bring it home this year too!

We need to just enjoy this moment for a day or two before we start counting chickens.  Vegas is no joke and Nats are in 3rd place right now in our own division right now.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:35 PM, Springfield said:

I would have certainly rather kept Schmidt.  Personally, I'd rather have Orlov over Schmidt.  Of course Niskanen.  But I think he has more upside than Carlson (who is a bonafide 1st pairing D man) and Alzner, who is great, but doesn't bring much speed.

Yes, ultimately its poor planning.

6 months ago, everyone who's ****ting all over the team was then praising them for dumping a bunch of futures for Shattenkirk.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Our best bet, at this point, is to hope that Ovechkin heals up and shapes up.  Hope that Backstrom stops disappearing when it really matters.  Hoping that Kuznetsov can become an perennial all star.  Burakovsky.  Wilson.

Honestly, this team needs some youth.  They need that try hard 5th rounder who becomes a playoff phenom when they really need it.

Perhaps a Caps team that isn't paper perfect, but well coached and full of youthful exuberance is what we really need.

I started reading over some earlier posts in this thread to find out how we got here.  Here’s one from me from nearly a year ago.  I think I did pretty well.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It sounds like the Golden Knights are favored

Think a lot of that is solely due to VGK having home ice.  This just seems to be a different Caps team, and I can see them taking the series in 5. Won't be easy though......VGK has been lights out at home. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It sounds like the Golden Knights are favored, but the Caps are coming in with 10 years of frustration and anger they're about to unload.  Ovechkin isn't going to **** around at all.  Kind of like when the Red Sox made it to the World Series back in 2004 after coming back and beating the Yankees, the Cardinals were just ****ed.

VGK has speed.  Which is interesting because so did PIT and TB.  Look what happened there.

Plus, I’ll be damned if a ****ing entry level team wins a cup.  THAT is bull****.

I’m optimistic.

Archived