Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will the Trump Presidency last?

88Comrade2000

Poll:How long will the Trump Presidency last?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the Trump Presidency last?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • 3 Years
    • 4 Years - One Complete Term
    • 5 Years
    • 6 Years
    • 7 Years
    • 8 Years - Two Full Terms

I voted 2 years.  My original prediction around the time he took office was early 2019; after the 2018 mid-terms. I see nothing happening before  the 2018 midterms.  Those GOP congressmen/women and Senators want to get win be renominated. They aren't upsetting their base which loves Trump. After the 2018 midterms, if Trump is still as bad as he is now; they may remove him in early 2019. We know if the Dems win control, they will remove him.

If Trump gives the GOP their tax cuts; he's probably going to be hard to beat in 2020.  I could easily see Trump being President for 6 years. My gut says he would retire early, if was able to do everything he wanted by 2022.

I agree with Intelligence community that if there was a smoking gun on Russia talking to Trump campaign, they would've found it by now.  He'll finish a term, and democrates would have to walk out another bad candidate for him to win again, because his credibility should be done for by then.

I think that depends on a couple of things.  If the democrats take back both houses in the 2018 midterms then it's possible that he's impeached.  But that still requires an independent council to investigate and actually find something worthy of impeachment.  I don't doubt that there's a lack of impeachable evidence there, it's just the cards that will actually need to fall in order to get to that place.  He really is pretty insulated.

2020 is more likely, but that requires that the democrats actually nominate someone who is likeable, and can get people to actually leave their homes and vote.  That is far from a given.

If it doesn't happen by 2020, then we get two terms of this.  Awesome.

So, I picked one term.  I'm hoping that the DNC pulls their heads out of their asses and stops shooting their own party in the foot.

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Two full terms.  Tough to beat an incumbent and the economy will be doing decently enough that even enough folks who voted D in 2016 will give him a shot for four more.

It depends on when we have a recession.  We haven't had one for 7 years already.  I think we are due one.

Archived