Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM #REDSKINS PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN

TK

So long as Snyder owns the team, there will always be an "Allen" or a "Cerratto" as a buffer for Snyder to hide behind, they are paid handsomely to deflect responsibility for the disaster that is - Dan Snyder playing fantasy GM with the Redskins!!!

And so long as Snyder remains the world's dumbest football fan,,,, the no nothing no it all of personnel evaluation will once again....screw up another draft!!!  BANK ON IT!!!

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

People think Snyder makes draft picks through Bruce Allen or something? lol

Snyder couldn't do any worse than Cerrato 2.0 even if he himself were picking the players. Allen's last two years as full time GM were 2 of the worst seasons in franchise history. 

Weird timing. No info. 

Very low of the team to use excuses like his Grandmothers funeral. I don't like the way we handled this at all, like with this statement keeping the alcohol probleme open. They should have put more time in a proper statement. I also don't get why this crappy statement not has been made before the combine. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Allen appears to be an incompetent prick. I also bet that Scot has screwed up. Plenty of blame to go around.

Time to move on.

You don't fire a good GM right at the start of free agency unless he's done something seriously wrong.  McCloughan got fired from San Francisco and Seattle too, and it wasn't for failure at picking players and building good teams.

You can be brilliant at part of your job and still be an unemployable trainwreck.  And I bet that's the case with McCoughan.  It's a shame that he didn't work out, but we knew the risks when we hired him.  Making our fanhood contingent upon him being the GM seems silly.

I'm not that worried about losing McCloughan.  The real issue we face is what to do about Cousins.

5 hours ago, thebeermonkey said:

A good few people at the club need to clear their offices and go. Disgraceful smearing and lying. Total power grab.

I am pretty much done now. This type of behaviour is despicable.

They'll be smeared on the way out the door like everybody else...probably more-so.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Making our fanhood contingent upon him being the GM seems silly.

I think it's more about it being contingent on Bruce NOT being GM.

And more than that, it's a visceral reaction to yet another episode of the buffoonery we've suffered as fans since Danny came along.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Allen appears to be an incompetent prick. I also bet that Scot has screwed up. Plenty of blame to go around.

Time to move on.

I can guarantee Scot has screwed up.....but that's the job.  No GM is perfect....but his track record sure stumps anything this pathetic organization has cobbled together in the past 17 years.  A GM needs time before you can evaluate what kind of a job he's done.  It's quite apparent that frail egos and petty in-fighting are what led us here...because that's our team.  Their history with pettiness and ineptitude is long and storied.  This team never deserves the benefit of the doubt.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm not that worried about losing McCloughan.  The real issue we face is what to do about Cousins.

THIS.  We've got no GM, but more importantly,  one WR, and a QB that clearly doesn't want to be here anymore.  I'm sick to my stomach.

Just now, RedBeast said:

No stub hub games for me this year. I was gonna take my new girl and get a few new jerseys. Nope. Not an effin dime I tell ya

I haven't personally bought any gear for myself in probably 8 or 9 years.  Last thing I bought myself was a Cooley jersey and a hat if that tells you anything.  For Christmas, I usually just tell people Redskins stuff when they ask what I'd like.  From now on I'll say Nats or Wizards gear.

Archived