Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder is the Problem. Bruce is a mouthpiece of Snyder

Cliffmark1

Snyder didn't want to extend Cousins last year, lest Shanny be right about the QB vs. RGme.  By holding off, he appears to have created a situation where Scot believed he cost too much when compared to actual production, which led to friction within the organization, and Scot's ultimate ouster.  There's obviously a lot more to it, but it sounds like it played a major part.  Now Snyder won't trade Kirk to the Shanny's if they offer him the most draft capital, because he doesn't want them to "win."  I think BA talks Snyder out of more bad moves, but ultimately the owner makes the major calls.

He's gotten a lot better, but he still lets his ego get in the way of the big decisions rather than listen to his football people.  Can't win versus well run operations (e.g. Pats, Packers, Steelers) that way.  A lot of people think he never will, including his former employees.

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

The article doesn't actually say that. It states only that Snyder wasn't directly involved in the cat fighting. Clearly stated is that he didn't resolve the situation and being towner the buck stops with him. It's a short piece, read it.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the Redskins had cause to fire Scot.  The way that they handled the situation speaks volumes about the organization as a whole. You don't try to ruin a man over some disagreements, over money, whatever the case may be.  That's just wrong.  They didn't have to publicly humiliate the man if he really did have alcohol related issues.  They could have simply parted ways and been professional about it.  But no, not this front office.  They can't EVER take the high road on any situation.  Now we are back to Bruce Allen making decisions?  What a ****ing joke.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, onedrop said:

The article doesn't actually say that. It states only that Snyder wasn't directly involved in the cat fighting. Clearly stated is that he didn't resolve the situation and being towner the buck stops with him. It's a short piece, read it.

I read it and your making up false stories with that nonsense. I mean the article title says Snyder is not to blame but I know let's believe what you think about this and not the facts or what the people in the know say about this. Sureeeee

That's what you want huh? Snyder has done a lot wrong but no where anywhere will you see that he's involved in the day to day running of the team. Got a source that disagrees with that? If Scot was treated poorly by Dan you know that would be coming out and it's not. I wonder why

On 3/19/2017 at 2:27 AM, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's true It's totally not his fault. It's the fault of the guy he put in charge of the whole operation.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

So let me get this straight to you everything wrong with this team is on Snyder? Everything? Everything????

On 3/18/2017 at 6:17 PM, Andre The Giant said:

Snyder didn't want to extend Cousins last year, lest Shanny be right about the QB vs. RGme.

How does this make any sense whatsoever in your mind? Or in anyone else's mind if you agree with that statement?

As long as Cousins is out-performing Griffin by a sizeable amount--and he obviously is--he proves "Shanny right about the QB". It doesn't matter if Cousins plays well while on the Redskins roster, while off the Redskins roster, while playing for another team, while under the franchise tag, or while under a long term deal. In fact, the "Shanny was right" bandwagon left the station at the end of the 2015 season. It is literally impossible for Snyder to do anything to keep Shanahan from appearing right about Cousins. So why would he--or anyone--think not extending Cousins has anything to do with Snyder wanting to save face?

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I read it and your making up false stories with that nonsense. I mean the article title says Snyder is not to blame but I know let's believe what you think about this and not the facts or what the people in the know say about this. Sureeeee

That's what you want huh? Snyder has done a lot wrong but no where anywhere will you see that he's involved in the day to day running of the team. Got a source that disagrees with that? If Scot was treated poorly by Dan you know that would be coming out and it's not. I wonder why

So let me get this straight to you everything wrong with this team is on Snyder? Everything? Everything????

I don't make up anything, ever. I wasn't contradicting you as much as the author. I was suggesting everyone else read it as proof. But since you chose to selectively respond, WTF does how sm was or was not treated have to do with ANYTHING I said? 

In your odd need to constantly yell WRONG you missed that I was commenting on the content not matching up with the title, not the original situation.

Sure I could've quoted all the proof BUT it would take more time to do than it would rational people to read the entire thing. Yet again, since you took the time to grace everyone with your correctness in all things.....

Breer: Dan Snyder Not to Blame for Scot McCloughan Situation

Really? Go on.......

"The problem is the issue that did crop up between those two is symptomatic of so many things in the organization over the last 20 years, and it mirrors so many of the other problems that they’ve had, and it’s almost impossible to ignore the parallels there."

you don't say.....

"So you can say that this is really between two people, but it’s hard to look at the problem between the two people and not say ‘that’s exactly like five or six other circumstances we’ve seen in Washington in the last two decades.'”

I wonder what the constant is???

“I mean you could say that maybe he could have acted on some of the things that were going on in the building, but do I think he was actively an issue, do I think he was actively a problem, do I think he was stirring this up? No,” he said. “And there have been situations in the past, as recently as when Mike Shanahan was there, where Dan Snyder was an issue. But in this case, as far as I can tell, he really wasn’t part of the problem at all.”

so, not "stirring it up" and childishly making things worse.....this one time absolves someone from overall responsibility and stewardship?

“That’s conceding that he also didn’t solve it,” he added. “And that’s on him, because ultimately the buck stops with the owner.”

sounds familiar......

Despite resolving the situation — ahem, resolution by fire — Breer does suspect the Redskins will again face many of the issues which plagued the organization prior to McCloughan’s 2015 hiring. Namely, it may prove difficult for Washington to attract top talent.

“They’ve thrown money at people to try and fix those problems,” he said. “And I think they got to a point the last couple of years where they didn’t really have to do that anymore, where they created a good enough environment so people actually wanted to come to Washington.”

“Now they have to deal with some of the same problems they’ve dealt with in the past,” he said. “That’s the reality and who they’ve been really since Dan Snyder’s bought the team.”

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, skins4eva said:

I've said it on this site since the first day I joined: Dan Synder is, and always will be, the problem with this franchise.  We can at times pretend that's not the case--like when he actually goes through the motions of putting a real front office in place.  But, sooner or later, he always reverts back to his old meddling ways--either explicitly or implicitly.  In retrospect, hiring GMSM and keeping Bruce Allen around was bound to end this way.  Bruce Allen is Vinny Cerrato 2.0; he is effectively Snyder's errand boy as you've pointed out.  None of this will end until Snyder is out of the picture.   

Nailed it!!!

The dog always returns to his vomit!!

Its not just us the fans who think this organization is a total joke but you watch the NFL channel and ESPN and others and we are always the joke of the league.

We're a half step ahead of the Cleveland Browns and just barely. The owner of this team knows how to make money I will give him that but as far as being a winner

someone that has character, integrity, innovator, ability to delegate affectively and have a positive attitude he's sadly lacking. Year after year they make the same mistakes and expect different results. I can't blame Cousins for wanting out, he's too classy for this team.

Even if Dan Snyder is the problem you will never get rid of the problem. He is the owner and no matter how much you want him to sell it to someone else it won't happen. The owner of the company, team or organization is always going to have a say in what goes on and everyone of you would too. Some of us might think we wouldn't interfere with the GM, Team President or such but you would be lying to yourself. You would all think you could do a better job but what you would end up doing is being like Dan Snyder. So blast me and think I am this or that but sometimes the truth hurts.

17 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Danny boy, is that you?  Never would I have thought a team owner would log on and give his opinion on a web forum as to why he didn't screw up.  But please, moving forward feel free to talk in first person.  And Danny, the reason nothing is coming out is because (1) you are the only person that can provide ANY verifiable information because you are the contractual owner of said "information" and (2) if you hear anything you don't like, whether true or not, you just sue them.  Remember that city paper article written by Dave McKenna..... http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/city-desk/blog/13064052/dan-snyder-drops-lawsuit-against-washington-city-paper-dave-mckenna

People have to wait until the contractual terms expire --- like how Shanahan did.

When the owner is the reason our franchise has become the laughing stock of the NFL, then yes, I'd say he is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the franchise.  Before he bought the team, the only thing this franchise did was win super bowls (well, 3 under the former owner who had majority ownership for 23 years, which Danny boy is approaching) and make the playoffs.  Since Snyder ---- we are a joke.  So yes, I am not sure how anyone on earth wouldn't see the correlation between pre-Snyder and post-Snyder.

And Danny, when you are the one at the top ---- EVERYTHING falls on you.  Pushing blame to save face should be left to politicians and reality television personalities.  Man up.  When you are the owner --- everything is under your control.  And when you have control and it fails ---- well, you are part of the problem...... especially when the same problems happen again and again and again and again.........

Why is Bruce Allen the wrong guy?  Aside from the GMSM debacle, which for all we know is because he was back on the sauce.  Maybe, maybe not.  

Bruce has not been giving away huge contracts to busted players.  This was the complaint about Vinny and the years past.  He seems to be picking up low risk high reward players at decent prices.  Yes there are some exceptions but so far the Norman deal looks great to me.  I like some of the moves we made in FA.  Really like the Pryor signing.  I feel like we got younger at receiver and should have a higher ceiling, just need to get rid of Grant.  Maybe the Kirk deal gets done,  maybe not.  Do we really want to pay him top 5 money?  What if they do get a deal done and the defense plays much better this year.......Well then Im betting we go deep into the paloffs.  Not saying im sure that will happen but I just see a lot of people freaking out...... Take a "Chill Pill"

I think the problem is people had hope when SM was picked up. A really good evaluator of talent. Someone who would get good players on this team. People feel BA didn't do such a great job when he had the opportunity. They probably think who cares if SM was drinking as long has this team gets built right. Probably feel DS needs to stay away and sit in his box on Sunday and enjoy the team. Probably feel BA needs to stay in his office working out contracts. Let someone who has proven he can build a team build this team. There was hope.

The problem is we don't know how bad the relationship got between BA, SM, and DS.

Fans are also frustrated that every time there is not a 180 degree turn over night DS is ready to scrap everything. Instead of working through the rough times. He only did that with his first Head Coach. Then there are the people who hate Gruden and want him out and want DS to blow all this up.....yet again.

This is the best this offense has looked in a long time. With steady improvement it will get better. Gruden is learning and growing. Maybe the weird play calls were because of McVay? Maybe now that the team is better established Gruden can call plays and make this team function right? Who knows.

I think we are just tired of the drama. But when there is no news or this long stretch with out football some get bored and want drama. IDK. Long story short....it would be nice if they could get a deal done for Cousins. maybe then some fans would feel like the DS and BA are trying to make this team better for the long haul.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the Redskins had cause to fire Scot.  The way that they handled the situation speaks volumes about the organization as a whole. You don't try to ruin a man over some disagreements, over money, whatever the case may be.  That's just wrong.  They didn't have to publicly humiliate the man if he really did have alcohol related issues.  They could have simply parted ways and been professional about it.  But no, not this front office.  They can't EVER take the high road on any situation.  Now we are back to Bruce Allen making decisions?  What a ****ing joke.

I haven't heard them publicly say anything about Scot other than his grandma passed and he is "taking some time away from the team" and yeah "he has been fired"

The public humiliation comes from speculation from beat reporters and Chris Cooley. In my opinion the team did everything it could to keep a lid on this thing and the only humiliation has come from a freaked out fan base that bent on every single action or non-action signaling the sky is falling, Bruce is retarded, Dan is Dark Helmet and Kirk is a stat whore. 

Furthermore, Scot was a freaking drunk ...It was no secret here or anywhere else. The interview he gave to ESPN just after he was named GM , you remember the one where he was drinking a tall boy and stating " I don't have a drinking problem "  RED FLAG ..... Just sayin'  .

I can only imagine that the organization so desperate for help and credibility was holding their breath and hoping for the best. We got a push in the right direction and wow they are looking for another GM. That sentiment alone tells me that we are still trending in the right direction. If you can recall the Snyderatto and Shanallenhan  eras the prospect of getting another GM is a real paradigm shift.

99.9% of Redskins nation would celebrate if Snyder sold the team. So, that brought me to the question, when was the last time that an NFL team was sold? (Obviously not counting expansion teams or owners passing away). I'm no history buff, but I can't remember a time since the 90s. Since that era, the lucrativeness has blown up and franchises are never sold.

11 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Are any other NFL owners hated that as much as Snyder is, by their own fanbases?

Jets are probably the closest. The Jags were there for a while until the salary floor was implemented. Toward the end of Al Davis era in Oakland, fans were getting pretty fed up with using the every early 1st round pick based solely on the player with fastest 40 time at the combine. But, to answer your question, unfortunately we win hands down. Every other team has it's ebs and flows, but their respective fanbases know their teams' owners are trying to put them in the best position to win. We don't have that. We have an ignorant egomaniac who is completely clueless as to how to run a franchise.

The current Jets owner is Woody Johnson, who bought his team less than a year after Snyder.  So, just comparing those 17 seasons where they have both been owners:

Jets owner is 132-140, .485.  In the playoffs, 6-6,, including two appearances in the conference championships.

Snyder is 115-156-1, .425. In the playoffs, 1-4.

I would swap with them in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

99.9% of Redskins nation would celebrate if Snyder sold the team. So, that brought me to the question, when was the last time that an NFL team was sold? (Obviously not counting expansion teams or owners passing away). I'm no history buff, but I can't remember a time since the 90s. Since that era, the lucrativeness has blown up and franchises are never sold.

Since 1999 when Snyder purchased the Redskins:

2010 - LA Rams - Stan Kroenke

2000 - NY Jets - Robert Wood Johnson IV

2005 - Vikings - Zygmunt Wilf

2008 - Dolphins - Stephen Ross

2012 - Jacksonville - Zhahid Khan

2012 - Clev. Browns - Jim Haslam

2002 - Atl Falcons - Arthur Blank

Here is the full list. http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/6/10/5796114/purchase-price-and-current-value-of-each-nfl-franchise

2 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Why is Bruce Allen the wrong guy?  Aside from the GMSM debacle, which for all we know is because he was back on the sauce.  Maybe, maybe not.  

Bruce has not been giving away huge contracts to busted players.  This was the complaint about Vinny and the years past.  He seems to be picking up low risk high reward players at decent prices.  Y

Bruce to me has been disappointing in FA, the opposite extreme of Vinny in FA.  Both were/are bad in FA for different reasons.   Vinny IMO would go for too many high profile players, with little regard for chemistry and overpay them.  Bruce shops mostly in the flea market and pays slightly inflated prices for mostly what ends up being junk.  As John Keim said agents see the Redskins now are looking to win the deal, get the bargain.  But there are limits to that IMO.  I like that approach in spurts but not as the full drill.  Often getting players on the cheap means you are getting subpar players and under Bruce's reign -- many subpar payers were signed.  

The Giants on the other hand aren't know for getting great FA "deals" -- all they are doing is getting great players and in turn they now have a better team than we do IMO.  If Bruce's frugality ultimately costs us Kirk Cousins too IMO that will be the kicker and yeah I think then he'd justifiably earn himself his own Vinny type infamous status.  Back when Bruce was hired, who would think that the team would actually fare worse record wise under him?  I admit I didn't think it was even conceivable.

But I have't given up on Bruce, I want to see what happens on some major decisions coming up.  As for the Scot-Bruce story.   The two that I notice who mostly absolve Danny is Breer and Chris Russell who think its all Bruce.  Maybe so.  But its hard for me to imagine that Danny was unaware and didn't have the wherewithal to intervene to settle an obvious unsettling situation.

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/30588/redskins-avoiding-big-deals-but-skepticism-remains-over-early-moves

Agents...now believe the team’s goal is to “win the deal.”

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Since 1999 when Snyder purchased the Redskins:

2010 - LA Rams - Stan Kroenke

2000 - NY Jets - Robert Wood Johnson IV

2005 - Vikings - Zygmunt Wilf

2008 - Dolphins - Stephen Ross

2012 - Jacksonville - Zhahid Khan

2012 - Clev. Browns - Jim Haslam

2002 - Atl Falcons - Arthur Blank

Much appreciated... "so you're saying we have a chance?"

Archived