Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder is the Problem. Bruce is a mouthpiece of Snyder

Cliffmark1

3 hours ago, Tsailand said:

You sue the smallest newspaper in the area to try to get them to fire a reporter who said true things about you.

Had you not sued, I probably wouldn’t have come across the piece. Do you think it was a tactical error to sue them?
Possibly. But at the end of the day, you can’t call someone a criminal when they’re absolutely not. What’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong. And I think they were just wrong. I mean, all we asked for, and continue to, is a simple apology, a simple correction.

If I could give you a do-over on any one decision that you think would benefit the team, what would it be?
There’d be more than one.

5 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, it turns out Dan Snyder is basically Gandhi. 

C'mon no one has even said he was a good guy. I personally would be happy if he sold the team. Glad to see him go. But the piling on is a bit crazy.

10 hours ago, Tsailand said:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13039846/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder

Unsure how you can read that and still conclude Snyder is OK, even by the standards of NFL owners.

Find me a list like that for any other owner.

More than half these things are whining or exaggerations. It is also 7 yrs old so it misses the last 5 yrs so part of it is not even true now. It was also written by the paper he sued - not a good plan I agree. But this was more revenge by whining that that factual. I don't have time to go through them all but here are just a few of the things that are more like whining:

The $20 on the Virginia Lottery ticket - it was for charity and if you don't want to pay that, then don't buy it. Why **** about it? BTW: $20 scratch offs are all over the place now and have been for a while now.

The price for Cleatus robot - who cares. Just buy it form ESPN. His first job is to be a businessman.

Saying the Joe Gibbs was les successful in round 2 because of Snyder, when Joe himself has said specifically that he stayed out of his way. The problem with Joe Gibbs II was a few poor decisions to start - Archuletta for Ryan, Mark Brunell at QB, and not understanding how to coach with a CAP just to name a few. Still he went to the POs twice in 4 yrs. One of the big reasons Joe left is it hit him really hard when Sean was killed.  

Whining because Snyder said Turner would be here a long time then fired him. Almost every HC fired has had the Owner or and GM say his job is safe just before they fired them.

Firing Charley Casserly - he was an abject failure as a GM. Not many Redskins fans from his time here remember him as very good. He let the team erode slowly after taking over for Beathard.

Dumb and Dumber is not a reason to hate Snyder. It is a childish (although probably appropriate at the time). But it's just name calling to him not by him.

By passing the liquor on TV rule. He is a business man. He is supposed to make money. They took a shot. It didn't work.

The entertainment tax hurt the scalpers. How is that a bad thing? Seems smart to me.

That's just up to E.

Again, he is kind of douche. I get it. I wish he would sell the team. I guess for some ****ing about him is cathartic. But there is also a lot of piling on and just hate for hate sake. Most important, there is nothing we can do about it. I mean people talk about not going to games, buying merchandise. But that is not going to happen - especially if the team is winning at all.

There is enough to complain about that's real without adding to it just for the sake of it.

14 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Not what he said in an interview here in 2005:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/111184-sept-9-dan-snyder/

From BG

Do you think some of the hostility you have encountered through the media is due to the fact that you are one of the youngest owners in the NFL?

Read the quote at the bottom of my signature.  It came from an article in the Washington Post where he was quoted directly.  I am not a fan of the Wash Post either.

6 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Read the quote at the bottom of my signature.  It came from an article in the Washington Post where he was quoted directly.  I am not a fan of the Wash Post either.

That's fine and he has been slow to learn but the quote in your sig, is not the same as ( Snyder said )" he had not made mistakes throughout his career ".

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

That's fine and he has been slow to learn but the quote in your sig, is not the same as ( Snyder said )" he had not made mistakes throughout his career ".

Your quote is from 2005 from a different source and my quote is from 2001 in the Washington Post.  So the Danny wants our fan base to believe that by 2005 he had changed his stripes and from your quote he admitted he had made some mistakes.  From now on, I am focused on not what people say from Redskins Park but more so now on what they do.  For example, do they sign Kirk or not?  Did they fire Scott M. or not? Did they let key veterans go over the winter without replacing them with equivalent replacement talent or not?

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Your quote is from 2005 from a different source ( a Q&A here at Extremeskins ) and my quote is from 2001 in the Washington Post. 

Your quote where Snyder says " he had never made any mistakes in his career " ... where is that from ?

From now on, I am focused on not what people say from Redskins Park but more so now on what they do.

What we get from Redskins Park is no worse than what we get from the media.

For example, do they sign Kirk or not? 

Sure hope so, but yeah if we didn't it would be infuriating to find out we let him walk for a reasonable amount ( and we later found out from a reliable source what that number was ).

Did they fire Scott M. or not?

Yes. I believe they did.

Did they let key veterans go over the winter without replacing them with equivalent replacement talent or not?

We'll see.

IMO Dan's biggest flaw is that he's a die-hard Skins fan like all of us.

Come on this board after a loss and this place is in a full blown Chernobyl meltdown mode. "Fire the coaches, cut Player X, blow this **** up!" That may have been Dan's mentality in his younger years from 1999-2003. 

To be a successful NFL owner, you have to separate feelings and emotion for the betterment of your team. I can see how that can be difficult for a die-hard who eats, drinks, and sleeps Redskins. 

Bottom line is that Dan is only 52 years old, he's not going anywhere for a long time. I've seen him improve a lot as an owner. And before we think about having it bad, look around the league at some of the other fine gentleman owning NFL teams:

Jed York -  A 35 year old man child who's starting on his 4th head coach in four years

Jimmy Haslam - crook, liar, and all around asshole

Jon Mara - Feels like he needs to cheat to win 

Mark Davis - inherited the team then sold out to the highest bidder in Vegas. Disgraceful

Stan Kroenke - Another asshole who only cares about making money and growing his portfolio

Mike Brown - cheapest owner out there, refuses to shell out money for building his team

Spanos Family - Sheesh, these guys are the worst of the worst. Punching the Charges fans in the face was bush league

Zygi Wilf - was on trial for fraud and racketeering in 2013

Steve Bisciotti - had to shell out over $1.2 million in damages to over 1,000 people he ****ed over with his company Aerotek

Jerruh Jones - Too easy

Dan may have his flaws, but he's certainly not the worst owner in the NFL or in sports

Archived