Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder is the Problem. Bruce is a mouthpiece of Snyder

Cliffmark1

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

The current Jets owner is Woody Johnson, who bought his team less than a year after Snyder.  So, just comparing those 17 seasons where they have both been owners:

Jets owner is 132-140, .485.  In the playoffs, 6-6,, including two appearances in the conference championships.

Snyder is 115-156-1, .425. In the playoffs, 1-4.

I would swap with them in a heartbeat.

I know it's popular to think the Snyder is most hated, and maybe he is. However, you need to add the Jets, 49ers, Browns, Jacksonville (still), Bears, Eagles and Chargers. Do they hate them as much as much as this fan base hates Snyder? Hard to tell. Not sure how you measure hate. At some point hate is just hate. I would argue that at least Haslam (browns), York (49ers), Kroenke (Rams), and Spano's (Chargers) are on the same level as Snyder. But again, not sure how you measure that. Suffice it to say few people would lose any sleep if any of those people sold their respective teams.

I am sure that this team is the only one that can come off 2 winning seasons and people still find a way to hate the team and FO so much they turn any move into a negative. In fact the Redskins are one of only 11 teams that have 3 winning season and 2 PO appearances in the last 5 season. So maybe in the end you are right that he is most hated.

I have no problem holding him and the team accountable for what they do screw up. But I draw the line at double standards. Some other team makes a move and is lauded. The Redskins do the exact same thing and it's sign of extreme dysfunction.

Someone brought up the cowboys now making "good" decisions and the Redskins going the other direction. Here is an article that you could simply replace the dallas player names with the Redskins and the moves are very similar. The person writes the article in the vein that they the sky is not falling. The Redskins follow pretty much the same blueprint and they are going the other way.

http://thelandryhat.com/2017/03/19/dallas-cowboys-second-week-free-agency-fans-arms/

Considering all the love for Marinelli in here, I thought I would quote this comment - there are plenty more. I didn't just cherry pick. Sounds a lot like when we played GB in the POs, although there was some trashing of Kirk just for fun.

"In ROD WE Trust what a joke just watch the playoff game against Greenbay where was the passrush? ?? Where was the passrush when we played Greenbay in the playoffs, couldn't even get to a QB playing on 1 leg In ROD we trust, he continues to come up small when the games get larger."

Haslam has only owned the Browns four and a half years.  That is not enough time for the fans to build up Snyder levels of hate.

The other owners you list are good examples, but I doubt any of them are as personally awful as Snyder is.

Bruce was a failure at Tampa and hated by the fans. After the Shanahan fiasco, he stated that everyone would be reviewed including himself. Scot was brought in and winning was immediate, much like the champions he built in SF and Seattle. Our defense , though below average, was much better than the Defense Haslett/Shanahan/Allen gave us...the worst in franchise history!
1. If Scot had an alcohol problem, you should have helped the man
2. if ego the problem...fire Allen...Scot was a proven winner. Allen put us in a mess. This year is all on Allen and you Snyder!
3. If story is true that Scot wanted Cousins signed last year at agents offer of 20 mil. a
 yr for 3 years, Then Allen should have been gone last year as it is reported he nixed the deal. Now look where we are at with Cousins, 5 mil. more for last year and this year and who knows about the future...next tag over 28 mil.
4. Snyder, you tortured us with Cerrato for years with every fan screaming... and now Allen who should have been fired with Shanahan. WHY the continued suffering you put on the fans. If you fail after years, you get fired and in most cases , immediately. You have lost more long time die hard fans than you realize with the removal of Scot and the lingering failure in Allen and the circus. Enough is enough, YOU need to sell the team as you are the one in control and responsible for almost 2 decades of failure with your poor decisions. Season ticket holder from 1961-2002 and die hard fan every year but enough is enough.  I will possibly come back when Allen is gone or you sell the team. The average fan can make better decisions and thats sad!

He's like a parasite to this organization, probably one of the most hated men in the entire city of DC. This team being run by a guy like Leonsis who doesn't constantly feel the need to meddle in team affairs would be so much better off. How do you even go about ridding an organization of an owner who refuses to let go of it? The answer is you can't. Having to accept that he will be here as long as he likes, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it...****. I'll never support a name change but if that blowing up in his face is what it would take to run him out of town or this league, I could swallow it. Though, just like everything else, he got his way on that too

The issue is on here a good number of the posters are extraordinarily close-minded and blinkered to things that go on elsewhere. 

Dan is the problem - Dan needs to go - is the rhetoric we ALWAYS hear on here. People will say he interferes too much - but multiple sources will tell you he has very, very little to do with the day to day running of the football team. Would we prefer an owner who had no presence ? Would we prefer it if our owner didn't lobby hard for guys like Art Monk to make the HoF after years and years of being snubbed ? Would we prefer owners who had no real interest in the community and when a local icon in chief Z was about to be evicted or when he needed to get a mobility scooter the Redskins reached out to him and helped him out and did so anonymously - which the local media jackals  again twisted into some negative publicity stunt. I guess Dan should have kept out of that too. 

The Redskins (and Dan Snyder) probably shouldn't have put his hand in his pocket to help out in Haiti either after Hurricane William or let staff and current and former players use his plane and resources when the need arose - Shouldn't get involved right ? 

He also probably shouldn't have got involved with the fans - I mean this site was helped out by the Redskins organization (although not in terms of payments to people)- but it was seen as an independent forum for fans to talk about their favorite team without being moderated by the team or its staff. Then there was the unprecedented access he gave to some of the organizers of this site to give (what is in essence - regular fans the chance to cover their team and have access to players and coaches) - should not have done that. 

What the fans want though is a football guy to run the team and Dan should step away - Which he did in 2001 with Marty Shottenhimer, in 2004-2007 with Coach Gibbs ( rember Dan wanted to extend Coach Gibbs it was the Redskins fans who were booing him constantly) and 2010-2013 with Mike Shanahan - Put football guys in charge of everything - did it work ? 

In 2014 they went a different direction going away from the HC-VP route to give control to a real GM that had sucess elsewere and a lifetime of football experience - Bruce Allen

Allen had been somewhat retrospectivly villified for what he did in Tampa - but when he arrived in Tampa he was given the unenviable task of making an old but sucessful team competitive again. The thing he did that upset a great deal of people in Tampa was release John Lynch and Warren Sapp  two mainstays of the team and two guys with VERY strong routs in Tampa. Lynch went on to have some success with Denver but Sapp played for about 4 games post the buccaneers days. Over Allens five year tenure in Tampa he went 38-42 winning two NFC South titles in the process. Not a overwhelming sucsess but also not the abject failure you may be aware of.

But if a guy, like Allen - who has football in his blood, been around it a lot of years, who has been involved with sucessful teams and been involved in rebuilding teams isn't a guy you want to be in charge of running your team who is? Because often it is not the decisions the Redskins make - which pretty much correspond to what the team wants but the actual person in place. 

We in Washington are also blessed with the possibly one of the most hostile local media groups. Almost every move is ground through a spiteful lens and vilified by a group of reporters who see no good in anything - always looking for the bad news to report - always with a score to settle - and a fan base who has been so poisend by this media offering that when actual people who are actually involved actual say things with their actual mouths - they are discounted as liars and we would much rather believe some unsubstantiated rumours, gosip and speculation.

I know this is not going to get any tration here - The people who post here makes this thred a kind of poisoned well but believe me - As bad as some people think Dan Snyder is as a person or an owner - Just be aware - things could be much worse  

The truth of the matter is we, as human beings are gifted with almost perfect hindsight but with very blury foresight. Not every decision is going to work out - We recently had a poster pleaing for Scott Poli - but could you imagine what his reception would be like IF he had the same kinds of blunders he had in KC in the early years ? 

14 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

We in Washington are also blessed with the possibly one of the most hostile local media groups. Almost every move is ground through a spiteful lens and vilified by a group of reporters who see no good in anything - always looking for the bad news to report - always with a score to settle - and a fan base who has been so poisend by this media offering that when actual people who are actually involved actual say things with their actual mouths - they are discounted as liars and we would much rather believe some unsubstantiated rumours, gosip and speculation.

Apparently the hostile local media is strictly reserved for covering football, because none of the other teams in town experience this same poison you speak of.  This organization has earned the reputation it has and it's up to them to change the perception through their actions.  The media will never be a contributing factor to the success or lack thereof for this organization.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Apparently the hostile local media is strictly reserved for covering football, because none of the other teams in town experience this same poison you speak of.  This organization has earned the reputation it has and it's up to them to change the perception through their actions.  The media will never be a contributing factor to the success or lack thereof for this organization.

The main culprit I think of when I say this is the reporters of the Washington post ... 

i actually think Keim is very fair and balanced in his views an CSNs Rich Tandler and JP Finlay tend to be good . 

But the washington post has always been hostile and winning records or not has pretty much no influence on tone or style of reporting . Some might say it is related to the fact the paper used to sell its team allocated family tickets to scalpers so the team stopped allocating tickets . But there has been no love lost between the team and the paper . 

I have no time for the paper ; one one of the most tragic events of the last 20 years was when the team lost Sean Taylor - Wilbon wrote an oped peace in the days following the event suggesting Taylor had brought the events upon himself through his actions and the team were culpable for empowering him - Wilbon is still part of that organisation - I see no need to try an appease them . 

It has no affect on the field you are right but it does have an affect on perceptions off the field - which is kind of what this tread is about 

12 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

[Pure Andyman]

You list some good things Danny has done.  Nobody is complaining about those.  They thing they all have in common is they have nothing to do with the product on the football field.  Because when Danny gets involved with that, we get pure failure.

Interesting, you didn't list all the horrible things Danny has done off the field to make this franchise a nationwide laughingstock.  Expired airplane peanuts.  Suing season ticket holders.  Cutting down trees in a national forest.  Donating a signed picture of himself to a charity auction.  etc.  That is a much longer list.

12 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

What the fans want though is a football guy to run the team and Dan should step away - Which he did in 2001 with Marty Shottenhimer, in 2004-2007 with Coach Gibbs ( rember Dan wanted to extend Coach Gibbs it was the Redskins fans who were booing him constantly) and 2010-2013 with Mike Shanahan - Put football guys in charge of everything - did it work ?

Marty: This was the perfect situation and Danny couldn't stand it, which is why he fired him after one year.  The fact that you Marty as an example of Snyder doing a good job legitimately makes me think you are affiliated with the team, because only someone working at Redskins Park could be so clueless.

Gibbs: Vinny was the GM for the entire four years, and the puppet Dan used to meddle with the team.

Red Lobster: It is well documented that Snyder and Allen continued to meddle with personnel decisions during the Shanahan years. (This is not an excuse for Shanahan's own mistakes)

Jay Gruden: Snyder, through his current puppet, Allen, has continued to meddle with the QB situation, first with keeping RG3 on the field over Kirk, then with not signing Kirk when he was cheap.

4 hours ago, Tsailand said:

You list some good things Danny has done.  Nobody is complaining about those.  They thing they all have in common is they have nothing to do with the product on the football field.  Because when Danny gets involved with that, we get pure failure.

Interesting, you didn't list all the horrible things Danny has done off the field to make this franchise a nationwide laughingstock.  Expired airplane peanuts.  Suing season ticket holders.  Cutting down trees in a national forest.  Donating a signed picture of himself to a charity auction.  etc.  That is a much longer list

I am am sorry but the things you list as the horrible thing he did . Yeah the expired peanut was a mistake - 

sueing a season ticket holder - I would presume you are talking about the 125 or so cases the Washington post dug up in 2009 . Yes business do sue people when they agree to purchase goods and services and reniege on their contracts .... other teams do it, other Washington sports franchises do it - Sports teams are not charities and they would argue they need the revenue to operate. We are not talking 10s of dollars but in many cases 10s of thousands of dollars . If I owed you that much money I would expect you to pursue me through the courts ... 

of course the poster girl for the evil corporation sueing the innocent and helpless was the 72 year old Pat Hill - but by her own admission she had never contacted the team to tell them she could not pay . When an account comes into arrears it doesn't tell you their back story - just a customer owes them money ? 

How is this Dan Snyder being evil again - I mean maybe you think teams shouldn't charge for tickets and maybe clouds should be made of cotton candy and free ponys for everyone . That story was nothing malicious just a big business acting like a big business ... 

cutting down own trees was NOTHING to do with the redskins but Dans Snyders private life and he figured he could add a lot more value to his home than he would ever be fined -- yes slightly evil --- nothing whatsoever to do with the Redskins and what people with money do all the time .. because they can get away with it ... 

Finally you bring up the signed picture ... how is that making the Redskins a national laughing stock ? It's a little embarrassing personally for him but should that be used to offset the good things he has done for charity ... 

You see the thing is there is always at least two sides to a story - I am not affiliated with the Redskins but i am always pragmatic . I never believe anything at face value .

You citing those incidents tells me you are very quick to judge and possibly easily lead - on this subject lack objectivity . 

I also have issue issue with some of the on the field issues too . 

I have recently posted about Marty Shottenhiemer in another thread and specifically how peoeple have elevated him into this cult hero who had the team going in the right direction etc etc . And it is revisionist history at its best . The end of the day Marty was a stubborn individual who was a great coach who could have been one of the best ever if he could have modified his attitude and style just a bit ... and I am not just talking here but in KC, and San Diego ... there were lots of things that went wrong in 2001 but Marty was the reason for them ... but Dan said he woukd step away and he did ( undisputed) 

Dan and Coach Gibbs . There have been numerous story's from coach Gibbs how much he enjoyed working with Dan and how  hands off he was as an owner but always there when called upon ..  Of course people don't want to hear that because it conflicts with their prejudice ... 

Then we get on to Red lobster - Again numerous stories - not least from Jason LaCafonrna who despute the Lobsters claims of meddling . Mike had full control of everything - had he wanted to paint FedEx field puce it would have been done . 

but Mike Shanahan has his views of what happened . The thing is while Mike was in total control of football operations we traded for McNabb had the huge stand off with Haynesworth and got landed with a massive cap penalty -( not the first time Mike had been caught circumventing the cap) - these were actual embarrassing things that were all on Mike Shanahans watch... in amongst all that we somehow started John Beck at QB . 

In the four years Mike was here we had one winning season and three double digit loosing ones . 

There is a perception Dan is this meddling megalomaniac but perception is reality with a weak stomache . It is easier to blame this guy at the top as the route of all evil, but the truth is much more complicated . 

I do do not agree with a good number of moves the team make, but I also see they like everyone can and do make mistakes . I am not suggesting you should stop hating Dan Snyder, if that's what you want to do, but maybe look a little deeper at the issues ... 

either that or tune out the nonsense and just enjoy football for what it is - a game played with a funny shaped ball on Sundays between September and February and save your strong emotions for love and hate for people who actually deserve them ... 

just a thought 

I only could handle the first page of this  thread and had to stop reading. When I read things like "Marty quit" or "this thread is premature" I had had enough.   Marty didn't just quit,  Snyder changed the agreement. Marty refused the reduction of power and resigned before being fired.  If he simply quit then why did Snyder have to pay him after he left?  As for being premature if you can't figure out the last 18 years of failure and dysfunction rests at the feet of the owner the completion of one more bad off season won't change anything.  I have no idea what more you need to see regarding Snyder.

He is simply a bad guy and it's amazing how some here still come to his defense.  How many more stories do we need to hear of him berating hotel staff or firings people on a whim anyway?  How many more people need to describe the horribly tense and nervous work environment at Redskins Park?  How many more well respected NFL people need to leave here in an ugly manner, how many more examples are needed to understand this is just a bad guy?

@Darrell Green Fan

you are absolutly right Marty did not quit . He forced Dan to fire him .... but think about what you said just there ... 

Marty didn't quit - 

He oversaw a full out player revolt drove players into retirement... and there were strong noises of pending free agents, oversaw historically one of the worst offences the NFL has ever seen ... and the oddest thing was Dan wanted Marty back . 

Marty may not have quit but he also would not have changed . His stubbornness got him fired here in KC and San Deigio . 

I hate are people who talk of Coach Gibbs and Marty in the same breath because they went 0-5 then 5-0 .

The coaches were in no way alike .Coach Gibbs was a hot shot co-ordinator under Dan Coryell, spearheading the Air Coryell offence ... wide open vertical passing game . When he came here he quickly learnt that was not going to work and adapted  . Coach Gibbs greatest strength was to adapt to what he had and he had a charisma that made players want to run through walls for him .. 

Shottenhiemer on the other hand was extremely rigid in his approach and treated grown men as if they were children . And that works for a while but there was a reason he was reknown for winning in the season and failing in the playoffs - and that was because his message never changed. 

When things are bad and your not willing to change then you have to go ... 

one other quick thing though ... why - when we talk of dysfunction do we only speak of the last 18 years ... do people not remember the six years or so before that - with Sean Gilbert, Heath Shula, the Ferrotte head butt etc ... were they examples of an exemply run team ? 

48 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

@Darrell Green Fan

you are absolutly right Marty did not quit . He forced Dan to fire him .... but think about what you said just there ... 

Marty didn't quit - 

He oversaw a full out player revolt drove players into retirement... and there were strong noises of pending free agents, oversaw historically one of the worst offences the NFL has ever seen ... and the oddest thing was Dan wanted Marty back . 

Marty may not have quit but he also would not have changed . His stubbornness got him fired here in KC and San Deigio . 

I hate are people who talk of Coach Gibbs and Marty in the same breath because they went 0-5 then 5-0 .

The coaches were in no way alike .Coach Gibbs was a hot shot co-ordinator under Dan Coryell, spearheading the Air Coryell offence ... wide open vertical passing game . When he came here he quickly learnt that was not going to work and adapted  . Coach Gibbs greatest strength was to adapt to what he had and he had a charisma that made players want to run through walls for him .. 

Shottenhiemer on the other hand was extremely rigid in his approach and treated grown men as if they were children . And that works for a while but there was a reason he was reknown for winning in the season and failing in the playoffs - and that was because his message never changed. 

When things are bad and your not willing to change then you have to go ... 

one other quick thing though ... why - when we talk of dysfunction do we only speak of the last 18 years ... do people not remember the six years or so before that - with Sean Gilbert, Heath Shula, the Ferrotte head butt etc ... were they examples of an exemply run team ? 

We beat this to death last week. Marty was hired under one agreement, after only one season and an 8-8 record Snyder went back on his word and tried to totally change the arrangement.    You think it is perfectly fine to hire a man, have him move his family to another city and then go back on your word and totally change the agreement that made him take the job in the first place..  I do not and I'd sure hate to work for you if you see nothing wrong with the way Snyder handled this.

Yes we did - and to be honest I am done talking about it after this . 

If i I hired a guy ( you for example)  to run my team and paid you millions of dollars to do so - and you ran into all of the problems Marty did in 2001 ... and let's get this right this was not just a boring offence - but historically BAD offense I would have to say you were doing a bad job . If I then come to you and say 

'look how can we make this better' 

and you offer me nothing - no changes no way no how 

I then go back to you and say -"would you consider allowing me to hire a general manager with some say over personnel" 

And you say no way no how ... 

how is do I mAke things better ? 

I could wait and cross  my fingers and hope things improve - and things were bad in 2001 ... or I could do what I thought was for the best ..

impetuous perhaps but in context potentially understandable ... 

i would thank you you for your efforts and pay off your contract ... so not really putting you in the poor house 

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Thanks for posting this. Kind of an interesting list. It is somewhat of the moment and a bit outdated for some of the teams. But clearly the reason to post was that Dan Snyder is listed as most hated by Skins fans. I tried to put a picture of the list of issues but it's not working. You will know the paragraph I am talking about.

The problem with that list is that some of that is not true or exaggerated. Let's go through each one:

1. He spends money flippantly is FAs - While that was true for the first 15 to 20 yrs, that is clearly not true now. Since hiring Bruce Allen, the team has been much more responsible in terms of contracts. It could be argued that it's maybe gone too far the other way. However, the age of the CAP has brought a different era in football. Just look at this year with all the 1 yr contracts and good FAs still looking for a team. And this is critical. During the Gibbs years you could stock pile players and just overpay if you wanted. But the CAP has required teams take a different approach to building a team. NE has figured it out, as have a few other teams. The Redskins are learning how to manage during the CAP era. But it takes time. Again, we have probably gone too far the other way. But I am willing to see what this looks like after 2018. I see the team headed in the right direction but building through the draft takes time. On a side note: I was glad to hear that the assistant coaches had some big input to what players the team went after. 

2. He sues his own fans. People need to just STFU about this. The Post went out and dug up a few people that did not pay their bills and had to be sent lawsuit notifications before they would respond. The poster child for this was the 72 Y/O woman who admitted she ignored the notifications until be sent the lawsuit. The issue was then resolved by the team. Keep in mind these are people who signed up for Club Level seats (Meaning they have the money) that carried multi-year commitments. Also, the Redskins are not the only ones who sue people who do not pay their bills. If you sign a contract and renege on that contract you will be ultimately sued if you don't take care of it.

3. He attacks the local media - this is clearly the biggest mistake of his ownership. Right from the start he was arrogant and antagonistic with the media. And they refuse to forget it no matter what he does. Add to that the name issue where the PC media is convinced it's racist and they will never back off Snyder. I know some people think the local media coverage is "fair". It's not. It's decidedly against the team at every step. Again, I have friends and family who are not even sports fans or follow the team who ask why the WAPO hates the Redskins so much. If he had it to do over again I have to think he would not take this approach. But he did and it was stupid and affects how the team is covered to this day.

4. He is infatuated with celebrity. Not sure where this comes from. I can count on one hand the number of times he has spoken publicly. If anything he shuns the spotlight in that way. If this is in reference to the signed picture - maybe that's what the people asked for. He spends $Ms in the community on charities. And it's much more than a signed picture. Why is that never covered?

5. He runs through HCs like toilet paper - again, this was true early but not so much lately. Spurrier left on his own and he needed to go. He was out jobbed and he knew it. Gibbs was here for 4 yrs. Zorn - was a bad hire. Still he gave him 2 yrs. Shannahan 4 yrs - 1 winning season and 3 double digit losing season. Can't say he was not given a chance. Gruden has been here 3 yrs and just got an extension. And I can't believe people are romanticizing the Marty era like he was some great HCing hero and Snyder just dumped all over him. That's revisionist history. What those people are not getting is that both things can be true - Snyder was impatient and Marty was a POS. Marty fought with and was ultimately fired by every FO he ever worked for. It was so bad in SD that he was fired after a 14-2 season! The guy was an arrogant POS. Most palyers hated him with a passion. Snyder, especially at that time was pretty arrogant himself. Put those two together and it was never going to work. To say one guy owns it more than the other is purely narrative driven. Both guys contributed to the deterioration of the relationship - equally.

6. Way too involved in day to day operations. Again another thing that may have been true 15 yrs ago, but by the coaches own admissions that's just not been true. I know it's popular to see BA as a lackey and Snyder is still pulling strings. But here is a news flash. All owners are more involved than just signing checks. At this point this is being exaggerated and over blown because people want to hate him. He makes a good punching bag. 

7. The name - While this is one place the fans mostly support him, there are some in the fan base that are against the name and want him to change it. But more importantly as stated above - the PC media has decided it's a bad name and will not let it go. I am certain that some of the negative slant on the team is driven by the name change.

8. I will add one they didn't list. Cutting down the trees. It was a personal thing but I get how it translated. It was an arrogant and stupid thing to do. He needed to respect the history and the environment. It was still early and he just thought he could do anything. This is also something I believe he would take back if he could.

Ultimately Dan Snyder is just not a likable person the way he has run the team and the way he has presented himself publicly. I get it. I don't really like the guy. I would be very happy if he sold the team. If nothing else we could move on from some of this garbage. I wonder if it would be better if he were in the media more like Jerruh. Start trying to honestly work with them instead of at least appearing to sit in his castle and ignore them as beneath him. I honestly think that would change things at least some. Maybe not at first, but in a few years, if he were sincere I believe it would change how the team is covered.

But I try to step back and look at things for what they are - not get caught up in the emotion of hate for hate sake. He deserves a good part of what he gets but I believe it goes too far. I get the feeling the team could win a couple of SBs and people would still hate the guy and give him no credit for anything positive the team does. We are coming off the best 5 yr stretch of his ownership - 3 winning seasons and 2 PO appearances - and people hate him more now than ever.

I agree the law suite against the non-paying fan was blown out of proportion. But that's about all I got and it should be noted that with so many other examples of treating people poorly you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt.

How anyone can't come to the conclusion that the poor record and constant drama and dysfunction we have seen for nearly 20 years does not fall directly at the feet of Daniel Snyder is puzzling to me.  What has he ever done that would lead people to defend him?

58 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I agree the law suite against the non-paying fan was blown out of proportion. But that's about all I got and it should be noted that with so many other examples of treating people poorly you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt.

How anyone can't come to the conclusion that the poor record and constant drama and dysfunction we have seen for nearly 20 years does not fall directly at the feet of Daniel Snyder is puzzling to me.  What has he ever done that would lead people to defend him?

I remember the stories with the market segments, housekeepers and nanny.

3B5E49A300000578-4032038-People_were_won:silly:

6 hours ago, FrFan said:

I remember the stories with the market segments, housekeepers and nanny.

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS/VIDS/LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT, MEMBER WARNED> 

I mean we have heard story after story of things like hotel managers threatening to throw him out if he berates anyone else on his staff. We have heard stories of caterers asking for a break after 10 straight hours and getting fired on the spot, dozens and dozens of stories like this exist and when there are this many I'm not dismissing it as hearsay.   And they are in addition to the way he famously treats his employees.  

He is just a bad guy on top of being a terrible owner. 

Before the Danny took over the Skins, I was working for a Fortune 500 company in Maryland. One of the guys there had some stories about how badly the Danny had managed his marketing company. How some managers would be fired and be shown the door quickly. These managers had been successful at other companies prior to working for the Danny.  Also he had attended parties as well with Snyder family members.   I just shrugged off everything I had been told.  I hoped that even if the stories were true, that he would adopt a different management style when running the Redskins.  But after reading an interview in the Washington Post where he was quoted as saying " he had not made mistakes throughout his career"....then I realized he was not going to change his managerial stripes with the Skins. 

Fans have to figure out if they can ignore the reality of this dysfunctional General Manager mess and how it will impact our draft decisions this offseason.  Meanwhile all of us need to decide how we intend to spend our time and money during most Sundays in the Fall.

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

But after reading an interview in the Washington Post where he was quoted as saying " he had not made mistakes throughout his career"....then I realized he was not going to change his managerial stripes with the Skins. 

Not what he said in an interview here in 2005:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/111184-sept-9-dan-snyder/

From BG

Do you think some of the hostility you have encountered through the media is due to the fact that you are one of the youngest owners in the NFL?

Dan Snyder

There are several things. On one hand I've absolutely made a bunch of mistakes and like any person who wants to succeed, you'll make some mistakes along the way. You hope to get better and better and make fewer mistakes. That's one thing. The other thing is that you become a lightning rod for the media once you make a few mistakes and you read a lot of things that just aren't true. How do you defend yourself when it's already in print?

Archived