Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

So what does it mean that Flynn took money from Russia? Is Trump dirty or would this have been done without his knowledge? 

I mean we've speculated and evidence appeared to be there for quite some time. We've all discussed it ad nauseam, but now with this admission, it appears we're heading for charges, indictments, etc. 

Where does it go from here?

47 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Where does it go from here?

The iHop menu.

Because Flynn is toast.

If Chaffetz is saying what Flynn did was likely illegal, it's basically lights out for him, he's getting indicted.

This means his offer to testify in exchange for immunity had some actual reason behind it other than clearing the air as his attorneys said.

Whoever hands up the biggest fish to fry will get immunity, the rest will get indictments.  It will likely take some time, gotta get through the roadblocks (see: administration denying request for documents), but it'll happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Depends what's in them and whose fingerprints are on them. They'll turn 'em over after they've been doctored.

Thats true. I dont see how they can come up clean from this though. Either they are going to sell out Flynn, who I would assume will take issue with that. Or they are going to have to side with and support him. Which is political suicide for all those not named Donald J. Trump and will start a whooooole new game. 

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Flynn seems like the kind of guy who's going to keep offering bigger names than himself for something in return. 

Agree. Especially if those same big names try to send him up the river. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would like the heads of everyone who got all pissy about the Flynn ouster now please.

What bugs me is that they are still framing this as... "Did he do anything illegal?"

There is no question. He never signed up as a foreign agent. He received monies he was not allowed to take as a member of the armed forces. He did not inform those he needed to inform. etc.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What bugs me is that they are still framing this as... "Did he do anything illegal?"

There is no question. He never signed up as a foreign agent. He received monies he was not allowed to take as a member of the armed forces. He did not inform those he needed to inform. etc.

Even better is that they consider it just an "Error". How does that even fly? Getting caught with a little tree on you is an "error" lol

• Like 1

I think at this point Flynn is well beyond the probable cause needed to issue a warrant, and likely beyond all reasonable doubt with all the evidence.

The question now is, is there illegal activity from those who were not under the same restrictions as Flynn, seeing as Flynn had some special requirements due to being ex-military.  My guess is that yes, there was, but it won't be as readily apparent as it is with Flynn.

But it's crazy to think of the magnitude of this.

An individual who violated the law, and whose violations involve being cozy with Russia no less, was our National Security Adviser.

That is the kind of **** they shoehorn into movies but handwave the process of how they got there because no rational writers can ever figure out a way to do without tripping up our suspension of disbelief.

I'm frustrated with how calm everyone is.  I suppose there's time for it to sink in still, but a sense of urgency would be nice.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I would like the heads of everyone who got all pissy about the Flynn ouster now please.

46 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

'm frustrated with how calm everyone is.  I suppose there's time for it to sink in still, but a sense of urgency would be nice.

To be fair, this all takes quite a bit of time. Also, innocent until proven guilty. Granted, from what's been released publicly, he appears guilty as hell. However, the investigation must run its course. If any of those pissy about his ouster are found to be involved or even on the fringe...yeah I call for their heads. What happened then is typical partisanship. Same would have happened on the dem side. Flynn isn't in his position at the moment, that's good. 

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm frustrated with how calm everyone is.  I suppose there's time for it to sink in still, but a sense of urgency would be nice.

This is the result of the intentional and overt ****storm of crazy that has been blowing, it was always meant to distract and exhaust everyone so that there was no possibility of reaction. It's working too. The trogs can't process it so they dismiss it all, anyone w/ a clue can't keep up with all of it, and those on the inside know it is a tactic to get what they want.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

To be fair, this all takes quite a bit of time. Also, innocent until proven guilty. Granted, from what's been released publicly, he appears guilty as hell. However, the investigation must run its course. If any of those pissy about his ouster are found to be involved or even on the fringe...yeah I call for their heads. What happened then is typical partisanship. Same would have happened on the dem side. Flynn isn't in his position at the moment, that's good. 

Oh of course, not challenging that the investigation needs to run its course or innocence under the law until guilt proven, but compare the panic levels on Hillary's emails during that investigation to now.  It's not even in the same ballpark.  Bunch of professionals quietly working and the public off about a million other things.  The sheer sense of urgency that existed with Hillary's stuff is just totally absent.  It's being treated like when Bush would throw out another Bushism, just another bad thing on the pile, when it actually has the potential to be the largest scandal in the history of the United States.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Same would have happened on the dem side. Flynn isn't in his position at the moment, that's good. 

I am not so sure that's true. Look at Wiener and any number of cases where a Dem was caught doing wrong. Everyone immediately distanced themselves and pushed for his ouster. You can see plenty of similar cases on the D side. 

The Rs are more into cover ups, obstruction, and protecting their own. 

I am fine with saying both sides stink. I'm no longer sanguine about  saying they are the same. 

They are not. 

• Like 4