Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Yeah, I at least used to think Cruz had some spine, even when I thought he was bat____ crazy, which was all the time.   He's basically backing the WH defense, trying to undermine the argument that Yates was fired because of Flynn.  

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU ALL!!!!

Bro I've been saying that **** when you were still hiding under your  momma's skirt. I am glad you listened though.

But really, had a thought after posting that. To them it's party IS country. Everything else outside of that is the enemy, even other Americans. It's legitimately a cult at this point. Very disturbing. Very sad. Seems to me like the future of humanity rests on de-culting/deprogranming these radical Republican extremists. Scary times. 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I just don't see what the motivation is for anyone other than the White House to want to focus on the leaks.  Backing that horse seems like an ill-advised play.  

If you can kill the republic and consolidate all power behind your party, then there's no punishment for it.  The goal of the GOP right now is power.  At this point Dems and some of our institutions stand in the way of that.

But if you can kill/gut/neuter those institutions and then gerrymander yourselves into long term power, then the incentive to back Trump grows because holy cow THINK OF THE POWER.

6 minutes ago, twa said:

Could you link some evidence of that?

Not that they might have info to blackmail, but rather acting at their direction....thanks

Go back and read the 93 pages.  Plenty of stuff in there about Flynn getting paid by Russians, lying about it, talking to Russians, lying about it, and now being conpromised by Russians, which in fairness to him I'm not sure he ever explicitly lied about it.

The rest is GLOMAR at the moment but just wait for the indictments to drop, and know if they don't, it's cause they're coming for the king.

Now don't you have a Senate hearing to help run interference that you're supposed to be at?

• Like 1

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Go back and read the 93 pages.  

So you got nothing other than potential blackmail material.

By that standard Hillary would be a puppet. 

4 minutes ago, twa said:

So you got nothing other than potential blackmail material.

By that standard Hillary would be a puppet. 

And some pay stubs.  And a barrel full of lies to people you're not allowed to lie to.

Is the Earth still flat in your world or have you finally left that hill upon which you declared you would die?

• Like 1

and now, another R (kennedy LA) is going back to asking yates about her travel ban deal...i hate these party hacks (yes, i know the LAME "rationale" a partisan goper would give for doing it)...and dems are just golly-awful in every way, too, including eating their young, just to get that in :rolleyes:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Yeah, I at least used to think Cruz had some spine, even when I thought he was bat____ crazy, which was all the time.   He's basically backing the WH defense, trying to undermine the argument that Yates was fired because of Flynn.  

You forget bout the time that Trump called his wife a fat, disgusting, whore pig and then Cruz bent over for him in a shed out back?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

and now kennedy is going into how russia tried to help hubert humphrey and is talking reagan and just crapping out pointless BS etc...

way too many old southern white guys still in play is one big issue

or at least in every admin group photo

• Like 1

i agree with franken's points/direction, but wish he'd save the politicking....he's way more on topic than the r crap i noted earlier, and he's publicly putting heat on other senators deliberately which i thinki is always a good thing, but it's still too much distracting partisan grandstanding...

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i agree with franken's points/direction, but wish he'd save the politicking....he's way more on topic than the r crap i noted earlier, and he's publicly putting heat on other senators deliberately which i thinki is always a good thing, but it's still too much distracting partisan grandstanding...

Agree, I expected substance from him, dammit.

The problem with these hearings is that everything is classified so "the good stuff" is all GLOMAR.

That isn't to say it won't come out, but Yates and Clapper are too professional to violate their duties and publicly speak classified info.  Ultimately it really limits the discussion.

That being said, that Yates had 2 in-person meetings with WH Counsel is big, that WH did nothing for 18 days is bigger.

What was happening behind the scenes in those 18 days is a big.  ****ing.  Deal.

The fact that Flynn was only tossed after WaPo broke the story on Flynn suggests the admin was inclined to do nothing despite all the very clear warnings, which of course begs the question of "why?"  Why do nothing when reputable sources have told you, point blank, Mike Flynn is a threat to national security?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The fact that Flynn was only tossed after WaPo broke the story on Flynn suggests the admin was inclined to do nothing despite all the very clear warnings, which of course begs the question of "why?"  Why do nothing when reputable sources have told you, point blank, Mike Flynn is a threat to national security?

Doesn't mean trump was in cahoots with Russia It could be something totally innocent, like incompetence or not giving a **** about the country.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Doesn't mean trump was in cahoots with Russia It could be something totally innocent, like incompetence or not giving a **** about the country.

It always seems to come back to incompetence vs. malice, doesn't it.

• Like 1

the amazing level of ignorance and stupidity about security in this potus and his crew sure dwarfs hillpill's and the server/uma circus, and even more amazing has been the lame and extensive blame they try to dump on obama for the flynn mess...and that's sure getting dissected for its stupidity in painful detail.....there is no level too low for these clowns....they don't care cuz so far they get away with it...i think a lot of people are figuring this admin's supporters have such ****ed up thinking that they're going to stay for the whole ride as long as it can last no matter what, just as don has always pointed out...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i think a lot of people are figuring this admin's supporters have such ****ed up thinking that they're going to stay for the whole ride as long as it can last no matter what, just as don has always pointed out...

Yep, even if he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue.