Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

4 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Trump accused a former president of a felony. 

There is no precedent for that. Cant wait until Dems control the country and get to call Republican complaints "petty squabble". 

Ive said it before and Ill say it again ..

This will be a brown country and the precedent the Repubs are setting now (killing SCOTUS fillibuster, killing the EPA and DOJ, playing cheap petty political games w oversight committees, etc) will come back to bite them for ever more. 

whats with the racist comments? Brown country? If we want to be in a place that treats everyone equally why sling the race card around whenever you have an argument to make, Last time i checked there were plenty of white liberals. More even. Many legal hispanic immigrants support LEGAL immigration and don't support ILLEGAL AMNESTY for people that cheated. The left has got it twisted into keep the brown people out. Not the point. It's a disgusting attempt to use someone's race as a point of fear. Left plays the race card the loudest.  One other point is that brown people aren't homogeneous an aren't one group. Grouping them all together as you chose to do is pretty ignorant.

Finally, most squabbles that either side have had were petty squabbles.. Clinton's email scandal was a petty scandal, and frankly shouldn't have even been an issue. But, people are stupid.

13 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Really?  Have you ever done any research on REAL billionnaires? 

I ain't got no mansion now...Warren Buffett still lives in a house smaller than mine...iirc, the first home he purchased...kinda like the one I had years ago before I got married.

Warren Buffett's kids get nothing except their college education.  After that, they're on their own. 

??? No, i haven't researched real billionaires. Whatever that means. I mean, if you believe giving people everything they need makes people better then that's your right to believe that. I don't see you offering to pay my taxes for me so you can house the homeless, yet you expect trump too.. If someone wants to be charitable, sure it's admirable. But, the fact they are billionaires doesn't make them responsible for other people's poor decisions.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

On 4/18/2017 at 8:07 PM, RedskinsMayne said:

Out of curiosity, what about saying "Obama wire tapped me" is cause for resignation? What kind of repercussions should there be? What precedences are there for ousting an American politician for attacking a political opponent? Seems like petty squabble to me. It was stupid for Trump to say but you are over reacting.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:37 PM, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Trump accused a former president of a felony. 

Exactly so.  And not just any felony, but a felony that would have constituted one of the most severe crimes/abuses of power ever committed by a President.  

Recklessly accusing someone of a felony is libel per se.  Is libel a "high crime and misdemeanor"?  Well that's a vague phrase and I don't know.  But I'll tell you this - if perjury meets the bar then I see no reason why libel wouldn't also.

Dismissing that as a "petty squabble" is giving short shrift to the gravity of the allegation.

• Like 4

Meh.  Does it effect me? No. Does it effect you? No. The only think it effected was trumps credibility, which is already almost zero.

Then again, if Obama did in fact wiretap Trump my opinion should still be it's a petty squabble. Trump claiming obama wasn't born in the United States was a far bigger assault, but even Obama wrote that off as moranes being moranes.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

Meh.  Does it effect me? No. Does it effect you? No. The only think it effected was trumps credibility, which is already almost zero.

The President of the United States' credibility doesn't effect you? It impacts our ability to negotiate, it impacts our ability to trade, it impacts our military, and it most certainly does impact you.

The President's word needs to be worth something. People need to believe him. Other world leaders need to believe him and weigh his words seriously.

• Like 1

No. I think action trumps any words. Remember Obamas infamous Syrian red line that was walked all over. I guess obama had zero credibility then as well.

remember when Bush told Iraq Iran and North Korea to turn over there wmds and how basically nothing happened. Zero credibility there too.

words are only good when the other side wants to believe what you are saying.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

1 minute ago, RedskinsMayne said:

No. I think action trumps any words. Remember Obamas infamous Syrian red line that was walked all over. I guess obama had zero credibility then as well.

Obama lost credibility with that statement and move. It was one of his bigger mistakes.

Trump's credibility domestically and internationally is very, very low. It's embarrassingly low for a President. The Korean carrier gaffe, the Obama wiretapping, and hundreds if not thousands of other things have made the US a non-trustworthy player on the world scene. Can we take Trump's word on anything? I think you underestimate just how badly he is viewed. He lies on issues that don't merit lies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

I said he had zero credibility, I don't see how it can worse than that. However, presidents aren't judged on words, but actions.

And I disagree with you. Presidents are very much judged by their words and their actions. Often their words are remembered much more than their actions. Look at JFK. We remember him because of his Moon speech and his other oratory. Do we really remember Kennedy for his actions? Look at Reagan... he is remembered for his speeches and not for Iran Contra, recessions, deficits, etc. We remember him for Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

Words matter. Words create action.

• Like 1

trump is going for a different strategy.    the "numbing effect".    he is so egregiously awful in so many different directions, and so repeatedly and so consistently  ... it is hard to build outrage for individual offenses.

If Obama had suddenly decided to stop tracking and reporting WHite House visitors, it would've instantly been the single biggest scandal in his Presidency.  Bonfires would've been lit, and he would've been burned in effigy across Red-Blooded America.   Trump did that this week.... and people barely even noticed.

Trump is so ****ing awful that his very awfulness masks the scale and the stench of his offenses.  He has FORCED people to subconsciously and unwittingly resize and re-calibrate the scope of what is awful.  

He really is that bad

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

trump is going for a different strategy.    the "numbing effect".    he is so egregiously awful in so many different directions, and so repeatedly and so consistently  ... it is hard to build outrage for individual offenses.

If Obama had suddenly decided to stop tracking and reporting WHite House visitors, it would've instantly been the single biggest scandal in his Presidency.  Bonfires would've been lit, and he would've been burned in effigy across Red-Blooded America.   Trump did that this week.... and people barely even noticed.

Trump is so ****ing awful that his very awfulness masks the scale and the stench of his offenses.  He has FORCED people to subconsciously and unwittingly resize and re-calibrate the scope of what is awful.  

He really is that bad

So much so that he can accuse his predecessor of maybe the most serious crime in the history of the Presidency and the reaction of some (see above) is - literally - "meh."

It's a slow motion nightmare. One that, god forbid, will last another three and a half years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

And I disagree with you. Presidents are very much judged by their words and their actions. Often their words are remembered much more than their actions. Look at JFK. We remember him because of his Moon speech and his other oratory. Do we really remember Kennedy for his actions? Look at Reagan... he is remembered for his speeches and not for Iran Contra, recessions, deficits, etc. We remember him for Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

Words matter. Words create action.

Hes remembered because we made it to the moon. If he had given the same speech but never made it the words would have been quickly forgotten. 

And lets not forget the speeches you are referring too are ones Americans wanted to hear. And like I said, words are only meaningful when the other side wants to believe what you are saying. You've made my point.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

Nah, he was already cemented with Ich bin ein berliner and a dozen more rhetorical Camelot speeches. You are on less stable ground than found on the San Adreas Fault.

Words matter. It's why they say the President's most powerful weapon is the bully pulpit. Trump like Nixon before him will permanently damage the way the Presidency is looked at. Bill Clinton diminished the office too because (he got caught) with his trousers down. Mind you, White House affairs have gone on from Eisenhauer to Kennedy, etc. but Bill hurt the office.

We will never look at the President the same way after Trump. I fear that's true. I think he's already done irreparable harm.

6 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Well, I guess it just depends on you frame of reference. I've always considered the president to be the man with the clown shoes. The courts are where all the decisions are really made.

I guess your President is not Commander in Chief then.

Was it the courts who decided American steel manufacturers were likely to not be used in favor of cheaper offshore steel (in which we won't point in the usual directions.. but the rumors are russians involved with Trump businesses.)  after he told the American people he was going to build the XL pipeline with American steel, to thunderous applause?

we will use american Steel to build the pipeline!

Uh.. no, well, maybe not.

ahh, what's it matter, words don't mean anything. 
But pink slips do. and when the mills here lose out bids to foreign steel again there will be a lot of them passed out..  or, more to the truth, there just won't be any jobs o offer.

The courts didn't swear in front of everyone he'd use American steel, only to renege on it a few days later...  and the courts did not dangle a carrot to one of our hallmark american industries only to yank it away. The president did. it matters a LOT to the little guy.

it just depends on which little guy you are. if you were a steel mill worker, you might think a little differently.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what what you are saying. Err. Breaking news, politicians lie. Which is why their words don't matter. Hey, your proving my point again.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I guess your President is not Commander in Chief then.

Of course not. The courts are. The courts over turned his travel ban, killed obamacare, and in general can do whatever they want with no checks dan balances.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

3 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

(JFK's) remembered because we made it to the moon.

The first and last plaques left on the lunar surface display Nixon's signature. But we don't remember Nixon for the moon landing. We remember JFK. Who was dead and buried when they happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Well, I guess it just depends on you frame of reference. I've always considered the president to be the man with the clown shoes. The courts are where all the decisions are really made.

Then why did you say Obama was a buffoon for "doing nothing"? You holding him to a different standard?

On 4/18/2017 at 9:40 PM, RedskinsMayne said:

andrew jackson shot someone. :shrugs:  Thomas jefferson had affairs with his slaves... bill clinton did what he did, nixon actually did wiretapping. George W. made up facts to support his thesis...  Obama basically did nothing for eight years. So, i mean, yeah, there is plent of precedence for bufoonery. 

Actually, when you consider all the ****ty things presidents have done over the years, Trump claiming Obama wiretapped him might be the least damaging thing. Especially when you consider that zero rational people believe him.

@Sacks 'n' Stuff... Brodensky. Man. Dude. Brah. I said that there was plenty of bufoonery to go around. Not sure how that is holding obama to a different standard. Ive been pretty consistent...  derp?

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Donald Trump?

Could be. I heard him say he climbs the greatest mountains, i heard him say he builds the greatest mountains too. So he can climb them.

Edited by RedskinsMayne