Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

Anybody got any work arounds for watching Nats sans cable / with roku or sling? 

Been googling and I know you can get the MLB package, but it blacks out your home team. But, you can work around that by getting an overseas ip for about 5 bucks a month, allegedly.

Anybody actually done this? Or is there a more straightforward way?

Thanks in advance.  

Good.  Getting Wieters this late in the offseason (presumably at a very team-friendly contract) seems like an ideal low-risk high-reward signing.  He may likely be a bottom-of-the lineup Norris clone, but if he can regain some of his mojo from a few years ago, great.

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't wait for Oriole fan to come in here now and tell us how terrible he is now when three years ago he was Jesus reincarnated on the diamond.

He was never that, which is why nobody blinked when he left.  Orioles fans got over Wieters a long time ago.  But otherwise, very likable player.  The pitchers will certainly miss him.  

7 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

How's this for a line-up:

1-Eaton (L) 8

2-Turner (R) 6

3 Murphy (L) 4

4 Harper (L) 9

5 Rendon (R) 5

6 Werth (R) 7

7 Zimmerman (R) 3

8 Wieters (S) 2

9 SP

EDIT: With a bench of:

Drew-INF (L)

Norris-C (S)

Lind-1B/LF (L)

Heisey-OF (R)

Difo/Robinson/MAT/Goodwin

I'd try to keep Trea at the top even if it means a heavily imbalanced L/R lineup.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Turner has to hit lead off. Walks are basically doubles for him.

That lineup could be scary good IF Zimm can stay healthy and Harper gets closer to 2015 form.

Yea, I was just going to say that lineup looks great if we have 2009 Zimm, 2013 Werth, 2014 Rendon, 2015 Harper, and 2016 Turner and Murphy.:)

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't wait for Oriole fan to come in here now and tell us how terrible he is now when three years ago he was Jesus reincarnated on the diamond.

I feel like this exact statement was made in the 2016 Nats thread to the opposite of your prediction. Orioles fans mostly wish him well. Sure, he's not the 2011/2012 4 WAR version but he's a solid catcher and leader. He controls the run game well and can give you some big knocks here and there toward the back end of the lineup. I'm happy I'll get to watch him a bunch of times this year and next.

Archived