Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Harper is healthy again and he's raking. What a concept.

I think he fixed his swing too. I was reading an analysis how he quieted his lower-half, like he had in 2015.

Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice...Stras did ok in his Spring Debut: 2 IP 1H 0R 3K

1 minute ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

X2

Stevenson sounds like a poor man's Kevin Keirmaier (who I didn't realize was a 5.5 bWAR player last year!), or a Kevin Pillar. If he gets a 1/2 way decent bat, he'll be very valuable. I think people are really underrating him. (Soto in the meantime is generating comparisons to Miggy Carbera--from anonymous sources and people familiar with the situation, of course)

The Nats minor league system has completely inverted. 2 years ago, it was a pitching rich, top-heavy system. Now, it's filled with outfielders (Stevenson, Robles, Soto) and shortstops (Garcia, Alterra, Keiboom) in the low minors, mostly. Add to them Tyler Watson and Jesus Luzardo (who I think will make jumps this year)--all of our talented prospects are lower and unproven. It will be fun to watch them develop.

John Angelos on MASN:

There’s been a lot written and talked about with respect to the importance of agreements behind held to what they mean, and the importance of the arrangements that were made 10 years ago. These were all intended to make sure that baseball in Baltimore was never disrupted, the Orioles franchise would always be in Baltimore and that’s really what’s important, the only thing that’s really important about the dispute. And hopefully that dispute will be resolved, and all the parties can move forward. But the pre-eminently important thing is that the health and welfare of the Orioles franchise continue for another 60-plus years, at least.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/03/06/masn-explains-why-its-only-broadcasting-seven-nats-spring-training-games/?utm_term=.18d1c5320ded#comments

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That was some straight nasty ****.

With all the bull**** going on with the Redskins, thank God for the Nats!

Only remember him being a fastball/slider guy last year. He was throwing fastball/cutter/slider/curveball/change today. All effective.

6 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Only remember him being a fastball/slider guy last year. He was throwing fastball/cutter/slider/curveball/change today. All effective.

Maybe he learned something from Melancon? His stuff was dancing!

Archived