Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

Interesting tidbit about the new facility, per Tom Boswell.  Two of the practice fields have the exact same dimensions as Nats Park, "right down to the quirks and corners in the outfield walls." 

I thought, man, if you're building out a new facility, that is a really smart thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe it's the eternal optimism that comes with pitchers and catchers reporting in the spring, but I'm going on record now saying Zimmerman is going to have a big bounce-back year.

If you anything from Mets twitter their whole organization, not just the players, is in the "best shape of their career!"

I hope Zimm can come back--he is an easy guy to root for

21 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe it's the eternal optimism that comes with pitchers and catchers reporting in the spring, but I'm going on record now saying Zimmerman is going to have a big bounce-back year.

the fan in me hopes it happens, the realist in me says we're likely in for more of the same

prove me wrong Zimm, prove me wrong

I remember back in July ish suggesting that Harper be put on the DL for about a month or so so he can get right and people trashed it. It was obvious something was wrong with him. You don't go from league MVP to being one of the worst hitters in baseball(which he was if not for all the intentional walks he was still receiving).

He'll bounce back this year though. Maybe not quite 2015 MVP #s but he'll be a top 10 player in the game again.

14 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

it's going to be nice to have something on tv to watch every night.  I can't wait to see them in spring training either!

That's what I love about baseball, its always there for you. Going to school full time while working full time, I put the games on the TV in our den and plug away at schoolwork with an ear towards the call.  Then, I settle in and watch 7-8-9 and then go to bed.

48 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Shawn Kelly. As long as his elbow holds up, the closer situation shouldn't be a worry.

That's the rub with Kelley. My other issue with him is his 1.4 HR/9 rate last year. By comparison, Miller's was 0.9 and Chapman's was 0.3.

On a different note, very good article from Philly.com on the Werth contract:

Archived