Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

Fedde looks legit. Pounding the strike zone. 92-95 mph with sink. Nasty slider. Has mowed through the Mets A lineup, challenging batters. Walked one, given up just one hit, which as a squibber off the top of Grandersons bat down third while the infield was shifted to the right. Induced as 1-6-3 DP to get out of a 1st & 3rd, 1 out jam. 

Very impressive. 

Derek Norris has been placed on waivers, according to John Heyman of FanRag Sports Network. Nats tried but couldn't trade him and his 1 year, $4.2 million salary. If he goes unclaimed they will release him. Releasing him before March 15, they are on the hook for only 1/6 of that salary, or $700,000.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/heyman-nationals-place-derek-norris-waivers/

Matt Weiters is supposed to make his spring training debut today against the Houston Astros, barring a rainout.

1 minute ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

Enny Romero pitching for DR right now in the WBC. Overpowering Columbian hitters. 

Everything north of 95 mph. Sitting at 97 mostly. Touching 99.

I may have to update my man crush list...he was pumping 99 and throwing strikes.

42 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i really hope Koda doesn't start the season as the closer but ends the season.   Starting the season will create unnecessary pressure and everyone will be looking to take his job away from him 

He needs experience and to get into a Closer routine. Better to start in April and get any jitters out of the way early.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

what about his offspeed pitches? I know nothing about the guy

would be reassuring to know Rizzo found another diamond somewhere

Well, I hope he has a 96 mph slider... but I think he just went with fastballs.

29 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

what about his offspeed pitches? I know nothing about the guy

would be reassuring to know Rizzo found another diamond somewhere

He's got a pretty good slider. Not a big sweeper like Felipe Rivero's was. More sharper downward than a sweeper.

Archived