Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, Butters20 said:

Where is all this talk about his back being a mess coming from? He's 26. He was almost franchise tagged. He had disc surgery..... the same type Gronk has had like 3 times. 

Hed be good on a 3 year contract. I say get Poe

a DL has to carry more weight and take more contact

22 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Can we get Compton to speak out against the FO so he can get cut?

just on the bench. Will is a fine backup

Do I remember him being solid on special teams too?

Hate him as our captain mlb though

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

And let the record show, I've never had an issue admitting I was wrong on this site.

If they guys ball tf out, I'm all for it

We'd all be all out for it. Just most of us are smart enough to understand the chances of that happening are Slim and None. And Slim just left the room

Random theory, but is there a Kirk Cousins effect on FA this year?  I mean that, Kirk played his one year, turned down the LTD, and made himself a LOT of money.  Are a lot of these free agents signing one year deals seeing that, and thinking thats the way they should do it too?  I definitely dont remember this many in previous years.  A lot more players are betting on themself this year.

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Random theory, but is there a Kirk Cousins effect on FA this year?  I mean that, Kirk played his one year, turned down the LTD, and made himself a LOT of money.  Are a lot of these free agents signing one year deals seeing that, and thinking thats the way they should do it too?  I definitely dont remember this many in previous years.  A lot more players are betting on themself this year.

Well, Kirk did say he needed every last penny in a new contract because he was doing every NFL QB a service. Maybe he's expanded it from just QBs to all positions? I mean, people have voiced their doubts about his leadership in the team. Why not stick it to them by leading the entire FA market? :P

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Franchise tags happen every year. 

These one year deals are simply the reset button when they don't get the offers they wanted in FA

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

to be fair, if Will wasn't such a ****ing asshole to fans on social media, I'd tolerate him more.

But he's a dick so screw that guy. 

Probably because he hasto deal with morons on there taking potshots and/or mocking him. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

fair but it goes both ways from what i see.

I've never followed him but before I blocked him, he'd only show up when he was fighting with fans, which was a weekly occurrence 

I gotta be honest, for a dude who worked his way up from where he was, only to (i assume) get berated by social media rejects simply because he is not good enough, I would be pissed too. It's one thing to want an upgrade as a fan, but to constantly go after the dude the way some on here do, I have no problem with him if he told them to impale themselves on a rusty spike....

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I gotta be honest, for a dude who worked his way up from where he was, only to (i assume) get berated by social media rejects simply because he is not good enough, I would be pissed too. It's one thing to want an upgrade as a fan, but to constantly go after the dude the way some on here do, I have no problem with him if he told them to impale themselves on a rusty spike....

hes our mark whalberg

our Invincible

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be allowed near a social message forum if I was famous. I have enough problems on FB and all I do is save dogs.

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

hes our mark whalberg

our Invincible

At least that story ended quickly.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Normally I'd be fine with that, but Compton has two good options: Put up or shut up. Other players have plenty of their detractors, and they don't make it their business to engage in twitter wars. Unsurprisingly, those players don't get as much attention for being such complete wastes of space on the field.

Perhaps Will should take a look at the other Straight out of Compton and take up Lord of the Rings lore as a hobby.

3 hours ago, TheShredder said:

He was overpaid and they are making some cap space now.  Looking for the DHall restructuring or release soon.  Bring him back as vet minimum or something appropriate.  Should clear about 6-8M in the next few days from anticipated sources like DHall.  Just wondering where they're going to get the ILB'er they absolutely have to have!????

I think all Skins fans can agree we can be patient as long as there seems to be plan in place. Hopefully there is one in place.

Archived