Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

For $8mil a year tho. Would he have turned down 9-10 from us? Hard to say. 

True, no way of knowing. I was hoping for that because I do think he's the type of wr we haven't had in a long time. Although,  with these contracts maybe he's banking on upwards of 13/14 a year if he balls out again. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I completely missed the Pats getting Ealy. Jesus 

Yeah, I didn't get that move at all by the Panthers. They dumped Ealy to move up 8 spots in the 3rd round? Ealy's still young and pretty cheap, so there's basically no reason to give up on him. He's underachiveved, but had a dominant Super Bowl the prior season so he can occasionally be good. The Panthers basically gave up an asset for nothing. Even if you hate Ealy, you'd have to think there were better trade options out there.

I was hoping we could land Cordarrelle Patterson.  Sounds like he wants to stay In Minnesota, and maybe we just can't spend what it takes to tempt him.   But he's an athletic weapon on kick returns, outside the slot, and taking handoffs.   A bonus - he's only 25.

The thought of mixing him in with Pryor, Docston, Crowder and Reed.    Man.  

Probably not happening - but I hope he comes back to us somehow.

30 minutes ago, fwo40 said:

I was hoping we could land Cordarrelle Patterson.  Sounds like he wants to stay In Minnesota, and maybe we just can't spend what it takes to tempt him.   But he's an athletic weapon on kick returns, outside the slot, and taking handoffs.   A bonus - he's only 25.

The thought of mixing him in with Pryor, Docston, Crowder and Reed.    Man.  

Probably not happening - but I hope he comes back to us somehow.

I just can't see us adding another questionable route runner to the lineup with Pryor and Harris already. I do like his abilities carrying the football, I wonder if he could convert to rb?

3 hours ago, LaxinFish29 said:

True, no way of knowing. I was hoping for that because I do think he's the type of wr we haven't had in a long time. Although,  with these contracts maybe he's banking on upwards of 13/14 a year if he balls out again. 

True. I'd have gone to 12 tho to get it done but I know Bruce wouldn't have. Hell even Fred Mertz thinks Bruce is tight with his money  

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/terrelle_pryor_came_back_to_th.html

Just found this. According to their "source" Pryor turned down multi year deals of 10 and 11 and is hoping for 15. Also mentions his desire to stay/return to Cleveland but if they wouldn't tag him at 15 this year,  not sure why they would sign him next year for multiple years at 15m.  Especially with the cap room they have this year plus having Coleman and Britt. 

Not happy with the Dline as it stands right now. Absolutely NEED an impact Dlineman, if not two, otherwise no matter what we do in terms of upgrading ILB, pass rusher or Safety it'll be an issue. 

Swearinger is an aggressive Safety. That's an asset only if you got quick, interior penetration which is a requirement for a pass rush that can get home consistently. He'll be exposed without it, so I'm hesitant to get too excited about signing him without at least one impact Dlineman added along with him.   

51 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Not happy with the Dline as it stands right now. Absolutely NEED an impact Dlineman, if not two, otherwise no matter what we do in terms of upgrading ILB, pass rusher or Safety it'll be an issue. 

Swearinger is an aggressive Safety. That's an asset only if you got quick, interior penetration which is a requirement for a pass rush that can get home consistently. He'll be exposed without it, so I'm hesitant to get too excited about signing him without at least one impact Dlineman added along with him.   

both he and Norman...I'd bet Cravens does too

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

Am 50 today and Logan or Hankins will start it off nicely. 

HTTR 

Think we need Poe to sign with the Jags to get the DL market moving again. Get the impression it's in a stalemate spot right now, also Hightower at LB. somebody sign him up and let the rest of the best get snapped up soon after. 

Unless Logan or Hankins really don't want to be here, I will be pretty pissed if we miss out here over money, if there is a time to be aggressive in FA it's now. 

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Not happy with the Dline as it stands right now. Absolutely NEED an impact Dlineman, if not two, otherwise no matter what we do in terms of upgrading ILB, pass rusher or Safety it'll be an issue. - Agree my personal top get this season was Bennie Logan, a dominate run stopping plug in the line we desperately need. Then he came and went and no deal was done. I'm not very high on the two guys we did bring in because they are depth players and aren't space eaters like Logan. If we don't do something here soon then the improvements on Defense won't amount to much with the two guys we did add 

Swearinger is an aggressive Safety. That's an asset only if you got quick, interior penetration which is a requirement for a pass rush that can get home consistently. He'll be exposed without it, so I'm hesitant to get too excited about signing him without at least one impact Dlineman added along with him. - So what happens to Sua now? Are we giving up on him? Both these guys play the same position. I do like the depth we have here now but the direction is unclear

My own issues with this offseason we've yet to address

1) 200+ passing targets have to be replaced now and that's not only going to come from Terrell Pryor. We need another outside receiver. Thinking that Doctson is the answer may likely come back and bite us in the butt. Pryor isn't enough for us to replace what we lost and think we missed several good opportunities to add here already. We need to add more to this group 

2) While we wait and watch the RB values of these FA vets fall daily, at some point we need to improve this area on our team. We skipped doing that last year and we would be foolish to do that again. Based on our FA moves it looks to me more and more that an offensive guy will be picked in round one this year since everyone in FA is coming to the Defense. I think that's a mistake unless we are targeting a QB there. I am not okay with drafting a RB in the first round and the WR's in this class aren't very good. Why I think drafting a RB this year in the first round would be a mistake is that we don't utilize an offense that rushes all that often. Last years numbers of rushing attempts are deceiving, because while the attempts were high I do expect a major drop off from the passing game this year from last. How can it not drop off when we just lost our #1 and #2 receivers and over 200 passing targets? Without those chain movers in the fold we won't be as effective as an offense and will not have the opportunities to run as much as we did last year. To me we need to put the draft resources on the Defense, which means adding a RB must come from free agency. The RB position in FA will not be as plentiful as it is today in the coming weeks so since there is a lot of supply and not a lot of demand contracts should come cheaper. I'd like to see movement on this 

For as long as we have Cousins on this team might not be much longer but for as long as we have him our best option for success as a team overall is to continue to build the offense up. This is the only way to stay relevant today, but there is a lot of work needing to be done here I'm not seeing and its confusing 

I dunno.  Cook lacks the power to be an 20-25 carry back between the tackles, and really didn't impress much at the combine in other measurables/drills.  He looks like a fluid runner though on tape.  He'd be an upgrade to our current RBs, but I'd say we need help elsewhere before we draft a rb...especially in the first round. 

13 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

If RB Darvin Cook is on the board when our draft pick comes, you HAVE to take him. Fumbling issues aside, the guy is "special". 

Darvin Cook is a MASSIVE sleeper...he might even be better than Dalvin Cook.  Haha sorry, I wouldn't have said anything but "r" is not close to "l" on the keyboard.

13 minutes ago, PerryMason said:

Darvin Cook is a MASSIVE sleeper...he might even be better than Dalvin Cook.  Haha sorry, I wouldn't have said anything but "r" is not close to "l" on the keyboard.

HaHa.  You havent seen MY typing. It's bad!   Good catch though.

31 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

If RB Darvin Cook is on the board when our draft pick comes, you HAVE to take him. Fumbling issues aside, the guy is "special". 

Dalvin Cook looked great in college and bombed the combine. Not sure about him at all and at 17 we need someone more sure of. Heard last night on a podcast that he's now ranked at the 4th best RB in the class behind Mixon, McCaffery, and Fournette. His stocks really fallen lately. Bad combines tend to do that

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Think we need Poe to sign with the Jags to get the DL market moving again. Get the impression it's in a stalemate spot right now, also Hightower at LB. somebody sign him up and let the rest of the best get snapped up soon after. 

Unless Logan or Hankins really don't want to be here, I will be pretty pissed if we miss out here over money, if there is a time to be aggressive in FA it's now. 

Ya, what is the deal with Poe? Did he come here for a visit? Are we not interested?

Archived