Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "bathroom law" thread

Larry

Wanted to post some news, on this topic.  And yes, I know that this topic has been mentioned in other threads.  But I also know that it's kinda off topic, in those threads.  (Except maybe when the thread is just about the broad topic of "politics".) 

Figured that maybe things would be better if this topic moved to it's own thread.  (And out of those other ones.) 

----------

I've recently had friends point me at two news stories regarding the consequences of this issue, that I thought deserved being mentioned. 

Jezebel:  Helpful Man Patrols Texas Ladies' Room, Tells Woman 'You're Dressed Like a Man'

The recent spate of anti-LGBT bathroom bills across the country were built to solve a problem that doesn’t exist—that of sexual predators busting into ladies’ rooms by pretending to be women. It’s also creating a fun new problem by empowering ordinary folks to pretend as though they have a unique ability to gaze into people’s minds/hearts/shorts and determine where they should be peeing.

Earlier this week, a video went viral of a lesbian being forced out of a bathroom by male police officers who didn’t think she looked like a woman. And now, via the Dallas Observer, we have this charming video of a man interrogating a woman to make sure she’s peeing in the right spot.

Reporter Eric Nicholson writes that the video was shot by Jessica Rush at the Baylor Medical Center in the suburb of Frisco on Thursday. (Full disclosure: I used to work at the Observer and Eric is my friend.) Rush was born female. She identifies as a woman. She was in the right place, bathroom-wise, but because she had on basketball shorts and has short hair, the dude had to check things out.

The referenced video, and more story, is at the link. 

And, the part I quoted makes reference to a previous story, so here it is: 

Jezebel:  Police Refuse to Believe Lesbian Is a Woman, Force Her Out Of Bathroom

An unidentified American woman was forced from a public women’s restroom because she could not convince police that she is female.

The video was originally uploaded to Facebook on April 19, 2016 by activist and blogger Tamara McDaniel. It has since received over 2 million views and nearly 40 thousand shares. McDaniel captions the video, “Lesbian harassed and forced to leave a public restroom because the police insist she’s a man. Is this what ‘Make America Great Again’ means? This makes me very sad, and I want no part of this irrational fear.”

As SBS reports, in the video “the unnamed woman tries to convince the two male officers and one female officer present that she is a woman.” Her friends come to her defense, shouting “She’s a girl!”, but the police officers ignore them. The same officers then insist on “identification to prove her sex. She rejects their demand, offended. The male officers then manhandle her out of the restroom, whilst calling her ‘sir.’”

At the conclusion of the video, the cops tells the women’s friends that they are free to leave as well, and they indicate that they will.

(I think that the video of this one is also at the link, but my NoScript settings seems to be preventing me from seeing it.) 

----------

Now, to start with, I will note that the name of the site I've linked makes me suspect that they've got just a teensy bit of an agenda.  But, it also looks like the stories actually do exist, even if the articles might be adjusting them some. 

Don't take the middle urinal if all 3 are open

Courtesy flushes please

And I wouldn't call it a law, but as a bonus courtesy, time your nasty wet farts with a flush of the toilet we don't need to hear them

Also please keep grunting to a minimum

I don't think this whole movement is anything other than an obvious move by social conservatives to assert their beliefs on the masses.

It's exactly the same as the usual movements made in bathrooms.  

~Bang

Maybe I am too old, but I dont care about urinal spacing anymore - we both know why we are here... I am not interested in peaking at anyones pepper but mine to ensure I am on target...

The nudists have held the most mature answer all along.  :lol:

If it wasn't for most people.  :P

Maybe I am too old, but I dont care about urinal spacing anymore - we both know why we are here... I am not interested in peaking at anyones pepper but mine to ensure I am on target...

me peeing on your foot is just marking my territory....or you distracted me

Don't take the middle urinal if all 3 are open

Courtesy flushes please

And I wouldn't call it a law, but as a bonus courtesy, time your nasty wet farts with a flush of the toilet we don't need to hear them

Also please keep grunting to a minimum

If you can step one foot closer to the urinal, do it.

I wonder if they are going to have to install urinals in women's bathrooms now.

Don't think so. Both the penis and vagina are the most identifiable and defining mark of either sex. No matter what you think you are, or want to be, you should not be allowed to use a restroom that does not coincide with the correct plumbing.

Don't think so. Both the penis and vagina are the most identifiable and defining mark of either sex. No matter what you think you are, or want to be, you should not be allowed to use a restroom that does not coincide with the correct plumbing.

Are you aware that a significant number of people are born with ambiguous plumbing (estimates vary, but it's probably about .03%)? What would you have them do?

But isn't it sexist if a man who lives as a woman but still pees like a man is forced to use women's devices even though she still goes like men?

Or perhaps we should make men who are sexually ambiguous pee in ambiguous toilets. Like, half urinal, half squatty.

And people always think it's dudes dressing up like women in order to defile women in the ladies room. What if there was an epidemic of women dressed up as guys in order to harass them in the men's room? Like, say you were taking a piss and then all of the sudden this chick in a trench coat comes strolling in and rips off her coat revealing her naked breasts and then just starts playing with your ding-a-ling while you're trying to use the bathroom. What about the men!

I mean that the plumbing is not always obvious.

http://umm.edu/health/medical/ency/articles/intersex

.03 %, so thats around what, like 90,000 people that may be affected. From what I read, it seems like steps are/were taken at an earlier age to address the issue, assigning the child to a specific sex or more recently, allowing them to make a choice later on in childhood. Seems like a very layered issue (one that im not all that familiar with), but, at the end of the day, it seems like a resolution is reached for the ones able to have surgery, which is good.

Interesting, and I don't have an answer for people who were born with a defect like that, if they did not have some type of corrective surgery to address it. For the ones that do, I don't see the issue.

Archived