Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

In Episode 8 news, Frank Oz is confirmed to being on the set this week. As most know, Frank Oz was the voice of Yoda.

Yoda's dead, get over it. Clearly he's there because of a Sesame Street crossover where Super Grover learns that he is Force sensitive.
  • Like 1

Plus he outsmarted Han Solo...and had the coolest voice, pre-Lucasing the OT.

Speaking of which, for all your originalists out there, Harmy's long-awaited update to the despecialized ROTJ was released about 2 months ago.  

Copies of all 3 available here:  http://doomtorrent.com/star-wars-harmy-s-despecialized-trilogy-v2-5-iv-v-vi-mkv-t12049613.html#star.wars.harmy.s.despecialized.trilogy.v2.5.iv.v.vi.mkv

(For those unfamiliar, the despecialized versions undo all the "Lucasing" of the OT, in an effort to come as close as possible to a bluray quality print of the real original movies.  See this old thread http://es.redskins.com/topic/345700-attn-star-wars-fans-these-are-the-versions-youve-been-looking-for-screened-behind-the-scenes-of-harmys-star-wars-despecialized-editions/)  

• Like 1

So yes, Han Solo's "accident" in Episode VII (and that's what it was, an accident) does not mean he's dead. At least not to me.

You had me at accident. If you can prove this theory I would be that happiest Star Wars fan ever. Since Kylo Ren is my favorite character from TFA I would be chuffed to have an explanation for his haters who hold it against him. :)

The new trailer was kind of cool,,, but EVERY movie besides the series will be prequels?? Haven't we all had enough of that crap?

Adventures of young Han Solo movie? Such a Bad idea..

Ep 7 was fun and as much as I didn't want to like the new characters they won me over.. I wanted to see the original group... But it's not really a great movie and so unoriginal.dont know where they are going but it's not very original territory. Love sequels but get some fresh ideas.

Edited by USS Redskins

You had me at accident. If you can prove this theory I would be that happiest Star Wars fan ever. Since Kylo Ren is my favorite character from TFA I would be chuffed to have an explanation for his haters who hold it against him. :)

Kylo Ren is an emo ****. Finn is a whiny coward who only stuck around because he wanted to get into Reys pants. But maybe at the end he found his set of cahones...who knows

I'm loving the Rogue One.

I like even more that they are going off the Skywalker storyline.

It seems to me that Disney is taking the best of the Star Wars movie franchise and embracing the idea of an expanded universe.

As long as Disney keep putting out quality Star Wars films you'll hear no complaints from me.

But, PLEASE for the love of all that's holy and sacred do not allow this to become the next "Let's see how many Marvel super hero movies we can shove down your throats" contest.

• Like 1

It seems to me that Disney is taking the best of the Star Wars movie franchise and embracing the idea of an expanded universe.

As long as Disney keep putting out quality Star Wars films you'll hear no complaints from me.

But, PLEASE for the love of all that's holy and sacred do not allow this to become the next "Let's see how many Marvel super hero movies we can shove down your throats" contest.

They can put out as many movies as they want for all I care. If they suck, I won't watch them again but I'm all for trying as many angles as possible. Hopefully the main storylines bring in enough revenue to diversify against risk of stand a lone films, meaning the stand a lones can be more artsy/less of crowd pleases that hopefully leads to stronger stories.

That's the dream, anyway.

• Like 2

They can put out as many movies as they want for all I care. If they suck, I won't watch them again but I'm all for trying as many angles as possible. Hopefully the main storylines bring in enough revenue to diversify against risk of stand a lone films, meaning the stand a lones can be more artsy/less of crowd pleases that hopefully leads to stronger stories.

That's the dream, anyway.

Something tells me that Disney isn't going to have an issue with their ROI with the Star Wars franchise. LOL

I love the concept of the stand alone films, to me it opens up an amazing new direction. Granted the Death Star and the Skywalker story will always over shadow but I can see films that take place on the outter rim that aren't specifically Empire/Rebellion oriented. 

• Like 2

Something tells me that Disney isn't going to have an issue with their ROI with the Star Wars franchise. LOL

I love the concept of the stand alone films, to me it opens up an amazing new direction. Granted the Death Star and the Skywalker story will always over shadow but I can see films that take place on the outter rim that aren't specifically Empire/Rebellion oriented. 

Agreed. I didn't mean initially either, I'm talking a more long-view approach. I'm not terribly concerned with it, but there's always the risk of mailing it in or jumping the shark after this original trilogy brings in the Brinks trucks.

I agree--Rogue One looks great. And as far as the Marvel stories being "crammed down our throats," if anything, that should be encouraging. Marvel is still cranking out good movies--their Tomatometer scores are routinely in the 70's and 80's.

• Like 1

The new trailer was kind of cool,,, but EVERY movie besides the series will be prequels?? Haven't we all had enough of that crap?

Adventures of young Han Solo movie? Such a Bad idea..

Ep 7 was fun and as much as I didn't want to like the new characters they won me over.. I wanted to see the original group... But it's not really a great movie and so unoriginal.dont know where they are going but it's not very original territory. Love sequels but get some fresh ideas.

I think this is an original enough story to not tread the same ground. It's really just the time period that's familiar, with the occasional familiar face.

I think this is an original enough story to not tread the same ground. It's really just the time period that's familiar, with the occasional familiar face.

I agree, and would add that I think it's important, in this early stage, for them not to drift too far from those touchstones.  We need something connecting these movies to the stories we know.  You don't want to expand the universe too fast.  

Edited by Bliz
  • Like 1

I agree--Rogue One looks great. And as far as the Marvel stories being "crammed down our throats," if anything, that should be encouraging. Marvel is still cranking out good movies--their Tomatometer scores are routinely in the 70's and 80's.

RE Marvel: maybe it's just me (I was always an X-Man fan and not an Avengers fan) so the whole Avengers string of movies has worn thin with me. Yes, they are entertaining and do gather a crowd, I just think the whole "more is better" approach is dull.

But that's just me. I don't assume to speak for anyone else.

Or worse yet, the Binks truck.

Don't be fooled by its foreign build and whimsical, easy-going appearance. The Binks truck is the monster solely responsible for the global warming crisis we now find ourselves in. No-one took it seriously, until it was too late.

According to the internet, at least. Have it on good authority with a guy I know who's brother posted his roommate's uncle's theory on Reddit. It's totally legit.

• Like 2

To the first point, Star Wars fans have held out hope for Boba Fett swinging back into action since Episode 6, 30+ years ago.  Boba Fett was all about cool.  I think most fans would be okay with Han showing up one more time.  Imagine if during the climax of VIII or IX, Slave I just shows up with Boba and Han to save the day.

I'm pretty sure most fans would cease to care about the story, at least long enough to change their pants.

And yeah, I mean, Han *should* be dead.  All indications are he's dead.  But again, shove $30M into Ford's face and then have a writer just crazy enough to do it, and who knows.  So yeah, Han should be out of the picture.  I'd prefer it that way.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he popped up somewhere in episode VIII or IX.

harrison ford was the weakest part of the new movie.   He mailed it in, and it was a tired retread performance.   I am glad that he (the character) is dead.