Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

12 hours ago, shakinaiken said:

Depends on your perspective of the "dark" side. Or the "light/good" side for that matter. I for one, would love a bit more ambiguity in contrast to the polarizing sides of good and evil, within the universe. I have a pretty good feeling that this trilogy is treating the mythology with a bit more finesse and ambivalence. the contrast isn't so obvious, thematically. 

I think Rey is the balance. She will be able to utilize both light and dark sides. I still think the symbol from the first trailer when it she says "balance" is the exact same symbol she was making with her lightsaber on the first poster. 

She will bring harmony to the force and end the Sith and Jedi, utilizing both sides of the forces to her will while never being compromised. Good luck displaying that in the movie though...

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I do, even though it's coarse, and gets everywhere. Walking barefoot in fine sand is one of the most relaxing things ever.

lol. Ok aside from that. but after the walk...its rough and just everywhere...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TK said:

Squint and you can see Darth Vader!!!

Actually, my first thought on seeing that poster was that the overshadowing character is usually the bad guy. Either Vader or Emperor. To me, they're at least implying that Luke is the Bad Guy, in this one. 

I also have a feeling there is going to be quite a bit more subtlety and ambiguity between the "light side" and "dark side". Have a feeling this one is gonna be pretty dark. TONS of red overtones in the trailer as well as the posters. I also think there's more misdirection in the trailer than some think. They're smart enough to not give too much obvious stuff away and to want people to be surprised. I think there will be some big ones in this installment. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2017 at 8:56 PM, Larry said:

Actually, my first thought on seeing that poster was that the overshadowing character is usually the bad guy. Either Vader or Emperor. To me, they're at least implying that Luke is the Bad Guy, in this one. 

Very interesting observation. It does match their trailer when Luke says the Jedi must die. I can't image they will make Luke evil though. Already lost Han last movie and we know there will be no Leia going forward so they can't be that mean to all us old people. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope that there's a lot of misdirection going on because I'm not going to lie, I'm not really liking some of what I'm seeing. Factor that in with Hamill's comments recently, I'm not sure I'm liking the direction they are taking with Luke.   However, I'll wait to judge when when the movie comes out.

I wonder if the new trailer will be in front of Thor tonight? Actually any of the three trailers will be just fine.

18 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

As long as it's not "Brokeback Planet"

That's a LOT of brokeback! Likely too much for any young padawan to handle.