Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RW: Jordan Reed Injury: Updated( Concussion/MCL Sprain and Ankle )

Darrel2828

Guys, Gruden said the concussion is the issue. Reed returned from the other injuries

On his level of concern for TE Jordan Reed's knee injury:

"About his knee? I don’t think his knee is… He hurt his knee in the end of the first half, came back and played with his knee."

On his level of concern with Reed’s concussion:

"Well, it's a concern. The level – these things are all different. Each player and the magnitude of the concussions, you just don't know until they go through the protocol and get tested and go through the necessary steps to make sure they're OK. And I don't know the severity of it at all."

Just to sum up:

calling an idea dumb = evil

calling someone a dick = super classy

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS. MEMBER PENALIZED>

To sum up, neither one of them is great.  There's no need to call an idea dumb. Just disagree and move on.  Magna est veritas et prævalet. "Great is the truth, and it prevails."

Some more lovely "your idea is stupid and you should feel stupid for posting it" responses on this board...

Sorry, whether i agree with the notion of trading for Vernon Davis ( which im not, though i believe he's also injured) doesnt matter. Posters should be able to post their own suggestions or opinions without long time members circumventing the rules and tearing them down without so much as a hint of intellectual rebutals. I seem to remember years ago mods would crack down on this sort of thing. But over the past year its only gotten worse, and the only discussion of discipline has been Griffin related. Every poorly received post has been followed by snark and at times a gang-post mentality that prevents any further conversation about the proposals introduced.

Some more lovely "your idea is stupid and you should feel stupid for posting it" responses on this board...

Sorry, whether i agree with the notion of trading for Vernon Davis ( which im not, though i believe he's also injured) doesnt matter. Posters should be able to post their own suggestions or opinions without long time members circumventing the rules and tearing them down without so much as a hint of intellectual rebutals. I seem to remember years ago mods would crack down on this sort of thing. But over the past year its only gotten worse, and the only discussion of discipline has been Griffin related. Every poorly received post has been followed by snark and at times a gang-post mentality that prevents any further conversation about the proposals introduced.

Since you insist on sticking your nose in.... yeah, you post an idea you need to be enough of a man to deal with it being called dumb without a personal attack attached. But that's not even what happened. No one even called his idea dumb until he had thrown a  mini hissy fit because 3 or 4 people had disagreed with him. At which point he stated flinging names at people.

And you're upset on behalf of the guy who posted a bad idea and basically refused to explain or defend it? And who then decided to call people dicks and a-holes? And your complaint is that we didn't pat him on the head and give him a participation trophy for posting an idea? OK, noted.

Yea, I insist on sticking my nose in for a negative trend in board posting. Sure, his post was littered with issues ( and this post doesnt absolve him of that) but the general problem is clear. There are too many posts lately that completely dismiss others without any explanation until much later, where it is followed by more of the same. Clearly, you have the ability to converse with intellectual retorts rather than responding with a your post is stupid and isnt worthy of the boards response.

Calling someone's post dumb or worthless is an attack in and of itself, and only invites personal attacks. Instead of calling it dumb, perhaps you could explain why you think the idea fails.

Very sad. Especially the concussions. Other injuries heal and you can recover, but the brain can only take so much. I hope he fully recovers, as he's still so young and has a child and family to think about. From the football side, it's really time to move on from in the off season. As for now, what do we do at TE this week in ATL? We can only hope DJax returns this week to provide some help

You should have a better understanding of the rules before you hop up on your soap box and misunderstand them.

Many posters had already rebutted the post in question before he took offense. Then it spiraled downward from there.

If you'd like to discuss "the proposals introduced", nobody is stopping you. Respond to his ideas. Instead, you decided to go off on this rant which is not only unnecessary, but also misinformed. So really, who is hurting the conversation more?

Yea, I insist on sticking my nose in for a negative trend in board posting. Sure, his post was littered with issues ( and this post doesnt absolve him of that) but the general problem is clear. There are too many posts lately that completely dismiss others without any explanation until much later, where it is followed by more of the same. Clearly, you have the ability to converse with intellectual retorts rather than responding with a your post is stupid and isnt worthy of the boards response.

Calling someone's post dumb or worthless is an attack in and of itself, and only invites personal attacks. Instead of calling it dumb, perhaps you could explain why you think the idea fails.

One person called his idea "dumb". It was me, so if you feel the need to go on about this, address me.

Since you're jumping in here, let me catch you up:

-He posted his idea.

-Many posts disagreeing with it were made, including some with intellectual retorts, and some that just made the usual Vinny jokes. Nothing out of line.

-He came back with a completely disproportionately upset response that was over the top and uncalled for. This man did not like being disagreed with.

-So I gave it to him more bluntly, and told him there was no shame in a dumb idea, but why double down and get upset when people point it out?

-This really struck a nerve, and like you, he holds a totally incorrect interpretation of the rules here. He proceeded to take my throwaway snark and make blanket remarks about the entire board, also as you have done.

So, to recap: he got the response you say the board is stifling. He did not like that response. Neither of you understand the rules you can't stop talking about--there is nothing wrong with ****ting on someone's posts, as long as you don't attack the poster.

We need to stop messing around and trade for Jimmy Graham. He is getting totally wasted out there in Seattle, and it doesn't make sense to anyone.

Do you really think Seattle would actually entertain a trade from us for one of the best TEs in the league? What could we possibly offer them in exchange for Graham? Seriously, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this one.

It's less that i'm bothered by this lone statement, & more that i'm growing increasingly annoyed at the web bullying going on here again in general. I thought it was finally going away. It seems some people just can't suffer to say things in a non-douchey way.

& yes...before it is said...calling anything a dumb idea publicly, amongst peers, is completely uncalled for. It's just not something i would say, nor believe should be said aloud. It's a dick move. Right, or wrong.

Allow me to retort ...

Below is a quote from rule 5. It is totally OK for other posters to attack any post or idea you, I or anyone else posts on ES as stupid. Its not OK to call other posters stupid or attack them personally. That might seem like a fine distinction but its really not. Play the ball not the man is the golden rule.

People doing this calling out should quote the part of the post they are referring to and, if they dont want warning for spam or trolling, actually explain WHY what they are quoting is stupid.

If you find examples where you think posters are attacking you or other posters personally rather than the contents of posts or generally acting like a jerk report it.  

"We encourage spirited discussions and holding people accountable for what they post. This may be done in ways from funny to firm, including being castigating if reasonably merited. For example, calling someone "clueless" or calling some comment or post “stupid” when done in appropriate and justifiable context to the poster’s actual content is often allowable."

When Nemocyctem asked about the possibility -- quote "You think a play for Vernon Davis might be in the cards?" -- I read it as more about discussing if something like that scenario might be possible, considering the important role of the TE in the Gruden/McVay playbook.

The initial replies were negatively inclined to that scenario -- which of course is certainly inbounds. However several replies were flatly dismissive, and/or accompanied with something clever or joking -- that made fun of the thinking behind this hypothetical scenario ( i.e., a picture, a suggestion that this was Cerrato trolling, etc.)

I thought the suggestion was something interesting to, at least, think about. Now, I tend to doubt such a scenario could come about -- not without the Redskins giving up too much for the quick fix of having Davis' services in 2015. But it's a more likely possibility than prying Graham from Seattle. And Davis would be an attractive addition for several reasons.

Mainly, I think the idea behind the suggestion was about generating discussion around the "what-ifs" ...Maybe the 49ers might be interested in Riley and a low pick, for freeing up cap space for next season? ....maybe there might be some other scenario in which this could come about? Maybe there was news about Davis that made this a major non-starter?

I hope that ES'ers would take a little more time when drafting their replies to newly suggested topics they don't happen to agree with. Rather than snappy one-liners and clever pictures about how "dumb" the idea is (or how foolish the author was for suggesting it) ---instead simply put together some text on why the idea is improbable. It doesn't hurt that much to extend a little respect, even for an idea you don't initially happen to agree with. You never know, something new might get introduced to change your mind.

I know some ES 'veterans' tend to tire of hypotheticals; over the years there have been some 'doozy's. But, IMHO, we should still encourage folks to keep introducing new topics for discussion. Otherwise all we'd have on this board is the same old rehashing of those endless "Cousins vs. Griffin" and "Fire Gruden" topics.

I hope that ES'ers would take a little more time when drafting their replies to newly suggested topics they don't happen to agree with. Rather than snappy one-liners and clever pictures about how "dumb" the idea is (or how foolish the author was for suggesting it) ---instead simply put together some text on why the idea is improbable. It doesn't hurt that much to extend a little respect, even for an idea you don't initially happen to agree with. You never know, something new might get introduced to change your mind.

The above is a snip from a great post and excellent advice which I recommend people follow. If you think something someone has posted is dumb by all means say so - but also say why. If we keep getting one line responses telling someone their thread/post is stupid with no other content we will start dishing out warnings.

Based on how our GM has approached the other injuries on the roster, I doubt were trading for anyone.  I expect Carrier to get the nod and for him to perform at a C+ level running a simplified level of plays over the next few weeks.  Possibly using Compton sparingly for blocking downs.  Maybe some D. Young  for underneath routes

Seems as good as any place to discuss the offensive game plan.

Let's assume JR can't go for sake of discussion, and well, because it's him.

We are going to run, and Cousins will be forced to pass after they stack.

Is Carrier and his 13 career catches ready to take the load of Reed's?  DJax Hammy, Garcon limping, Roberts on the outs... I am not sure our WR corp is ready for the challenge of losing Cousins top 4 pass catching candidates (to open the season). 

Cousins first down pass options are looking thinned out this week.  Who is his go to guy going to be?  Roberts may even be forced back into the lineup, or at least active. This modern day Mix is no help this week.

I am thinking Carrier or Crowder. Maybe Ross has a breakout game - one of those 3 will steal all of fan duels money, if there is any left from their internal looting.

Really I think Reed is one of the most valuable guys on the team. We're going to struggle without him. Obviously he's a stud on 3rd down but he's also really improved his blocking in the run game. Not sure how we can keep winning games with all these injuries...

Thank you Wyvern...you hit the nail on the head. I was unable to respond with such eloquence because i was beyond a redline of sorts with how i have perceived the overall tone as of late on these boards.

I said a couple of times, i should have done better, & i failed. But i want to thank you for putting into words that which i was unable to at the time.

Archived