Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RW: Jordan Reed Injury: Updated( Concussion/MCL Sprain and Ankle )

Darrel2828

Geeezus!  Anything else injured in this game?  Before he got hurt I was just thinking "wow, I can't believe he has made it to week 4 without any injuries" then sure enough...sounds about right.

So what you are saying is that its your fault for jinxing him?  

Thanks.

;)

Wait...did i say trade a pick? Did anyone? Was there some suggestion other than: bad team in tailspin may have use of fire-sale, team potentially competing could have use of overpaid player who can earn his paycheck for a season, & get cut if you so desire, or ball out, & at least make a tough decision?

The knee jerk shutdown without delving into a pure hypothetic philosophical musing that has every single shred of relevance without being so discarded.

Not sure what you like less...conversation, or having a personable disposition.

If i had said: hey let's Cerrato this ****, & trade away draft picks like not so many candy bars for an aging TE who's either being misused, misrepresented (horrible QB anyone?), or is just getting bad!

If that's what i said...sure...dumb statement.

In fact, all i did was pose a scenario that could be beneficial to our situation on a 1 year rental, considering how guaranteed contracts work in the NFL, & how dire our TE situation has become....especially noting how much ohr offense depends on that position.

Also...you can have a youth movement, & acwuire the odd veteran if it behooves you, & it makes sense.

At no point did anyone say this SHOULD or WOULD happen.

Good G_d...what's with all the unwarranted, knee-jerk, inflammatory/instigatory responses on ES lately...it makes one consider what's really going on.

Also...ftr...there are about 5 other such scenarios that could have been responded with in kind....unless your position is: i don't want to discuss hypotheticals, & i detest anyone who does.

Its okay, man. You had a dumb idea, no need to get upset about it. They can't all be well received.

Its okay, man. You had a dumb idea, no need to get upset about it. They can't all be well received.

There's, "yeah...personally i'm not a fan, but hey...i'll play. Here's why, & i'll write it with neutrality, & restraint towards a fellow fan."

Then there's, "i didn't like that idea...my life has now been wasted for having to read it, & now i feel that this loss, & subsequent pain must be directed into a super douchebag response in retort because i'm THAT GUY on teh interwebz!"

Let's be clear....this is a spreading disease on this site of late from people who seem to have suddenly reintroduced themselves into the whole ES realm. There was really good point-counterpoint going on in most threads for a while.

It's less that i'm bothered by this lone statement, & more that i'm growing increasingly annoyed at the web bullying going on here again in general. I thought it was finally going away. It seems some people just can't suffer to say things in a non-douchey way.

& yes...before it is said...calling anything a dumb idea publicly, amongst peers, is completely uncalled for. It's just not something i would say, nor believe should be said aloud. It's a dick move. Right, or wrong.

Case & point...see above post. A man who's been guilty of this much to much lately.

To add...your response is still incredibly short-sighted, & dickish in being so. It disregatds all possible scenarios without giving any thought, & then...without acknowledging that there are relevant scenarios, calls the post narrow of field.

It's clearly apples to oranges...one is uncalled for, the other is in defense, & responding in kind. Yes, i will readily admit i could respond with dignity & grace (& assuredly get the same response, as has been evidenced several times on this site), but i'm sick of it on this site. Just calling a spade a spade, tit for tat, or to quote B-Real: "what go around come around kiiiiid "

I'm not proud of responding that way, but when the dog bites too much, you've got to "bite" back. Or put it down...but nobody's putting anyone down here, in that sense.

Grossly repugnant to be an asshole, get called out for it, then respond with more asshole replies, & then point out the hypocrisy of getting called out for it. Not sure what else to call it when someone comes aggressive, then reverts to passive-aggressive strawman to divert from the topic that they've been called out on.

Though that is typical schoolyard bully behavior.

There's, "yeah...personally i'm not a fan, but hey...i'll play. Here's why, & i'll write it with neutrality, & restraint towards a fellow fan."

Then there's, "i didn't like that idea...my life has now been wasted for having to read it, & now i feel that this loss, & subsequent pain must be directed into a super douchebag response in retort because i'm THAT GUY on teh interwebz!"

Let's be clear....this is a spreading disease on this site of late from people who seem to have suddenly reintroduced themselves into the whole ES realm. There was really good point-counterpoint going on in most threads for a while.

It's less that i'm bothered by this lone statement, & more that i'm growing increasingly annoyed at the web bullying going on here again in general. I thought it was finally going away. It seems some people just can't suffer to say things in a non-douchey way.

& yes...before it is said...calling anything a dumb idea publicly, amongst peers, is completely uncalled for. It's just not something i would say, nor believe should be said aloud. It's a dick move. Right, or wrong.

Case & point...see above post. A man who's been guilty of this much to much lately.

To add...your response is still incredibly short-sighted, & dickish in being so. It disregatds all possible scenarios without giving any thought, & then...without acknowledging that there are relevant scenarios, calls the post narrow of field.

This site has always protected a poster's right to attack an idea without attacking the poster. It can be a fine line, but its one long-time posters learn to toe. If having an idea called "dumb" is representative of such larger issues you have with ES, I find it hard to believe you're accurately recalling the ES you think you remember. The rules are very clear--I and anyone else can say whatever we want (within the rules) about your idea and your post. If you're too thin-skinned to read it without flying off the handle about bullying and close-mindedness and whatnot, I don't really know what to say. I'll give any decent idea its due and discuss it. I thought yours was dumb, and so did a few others. And that's okay, not every post leads to a great discussion.

This site has always protected a poster's right to attack an idea without attacking the poster. It can be a fine line, but its one long-time posters learn to toe. If having an idea called "dumb" is representative of such larger issues you have with ES, I find it hard to believe you're accurately recalling the ES you think you remember. The rules are very clear--I and anyone else can say whatever we want (within the rules) about your idea and your post. If you're too thin-skinned to read it without flying off the handle about bullying and close-mindedness and whatnot, I don't really know what to say. I'll give any decent idea its due and discuss it. I thought yours was dumb, and so did a few others. And that's okay, not every post leads to a great discussion.

But you only think the idea's dumb because you don't know about the magical thing we're going to trade them for Davis. A thing that he's not going to tell us about because it's none of our business. But don't try to guess what it could be, because that is what bad people do.

Yeah...i'm already over it. Though i disagree on many points, i realize that i'm not labored with the need to explain myself, if sticking with the theme.

When in Rome.

All things said...for my part, i should have handled that better.

Aannnnnd, as i post that....the magic of taking ownership of one's own shortcomings while not requiring the same of others. I wonder how i will live with myself after this.

Next RTF will be telling me to go jump off a bridge, nobody likes me, it would make everyone's lives in ES so much better if i had never been born.

Next RTF will be telling me to go jump off a bridge, nobody likes me, it would make everyone's lives in ES so much better if i had never been born.

I'll ignore the patheticness of that statement, but let's end this with some clarity:

You suggested a trade for Vernon Davis because SF is falling out of the race. Teams like that trade guys like Davis for draft picks. Maybe, maybe you could get them to settle for some other promising young talent on our roster, which is just as bad from our perspective. Any other trade idea is almost surely going to be malarkey. But, if you want people to consider one, then offer one. Don't sit there acting like you deserve credit for some other miracle scenario that you can't actually come up with.

Instead you just told us that "it could be beneficial" and it "makes sense" without telling us how or why, basically admitting it would be dumb to trade draft picks for him, but not telling us the alternative, and all the while acting like you weren't really suggesting any of this should happen anyway. Given that follow up, you really should have been grateful you were only being dismissed for having a bad idea.

From there all you did was act offended that anyone should dismiss the idea that you were pretending you didn't really have, play the victim card and troll for sympathy. While simultaneously being the one who was throwing out  insults and profanity. 

So, circling back to the beginning of this post- it's not my place, nor desire, to tell you to do anything. I would, however, suggest this- step away from the site. Whether that be for a minute, an hour, a day or a week. And then, before you come back on, decide if you're willing to act like an adult. Because otherwise, it's going to be a waste of your time as well as the rest of ours.

Please, PLEASE tell me you're joking.

I think he is closer to the truth then you think - neither 15 yard hit was a penalty on the SKINS - hell today Cooley tweeted out a photo of the first play - there was no illegal formation .....

3 freaking injuries in one game, can you ****ing believe it?  Arg us homer fantasy owners are paying for the homer pick again this year. You'd think we'd learn. nope.  

Watch us open with 3 TEs against Hotlanta. Or, 5 wide again. Position of strength remains at WR. When life takes all of your lemons, just make margaritas. 

Archived