Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Arrogant is the perfect word for him. I don't know what has gotten into him, but he has turned into a total jackass this year. Every guest is the best in his field or "this is going to be the most informative segment you hear today." Why don't you leave that to the audience to decide? You don't have to tell us.

He most likely grew up a fat nerdy guy with that whiny voice. He's "Important" now. That's usually what happens to them. Saw it all the time with gump supervisors at all the jobs I've had, the ones who had no life and now have control over other people. It's a real pain in the ass. That, and talk radio is usually not where you find nice people

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He most likely grew up a fat nerdy guy with that whiny voice. He's "Important" now. That's usually what happens to them. Saw it all the time with gump supervisors at all the jobs I've had, the ones who had no life and now have control over other people. It's a real pain in the ass. That, and talk radio is usually not where you find nice people

Yeah, I think it boils down to the guy being a weirdo, he has a huge complex about former athletes getting media jobs, but seems to forget that Letterman pretty much set him up for success from age 10.

I guess he's doing something right since I still listen :angry:

Watching that video, I just have the overwhelming urge to stuff his head in a toilet and flush.

Sorry not the one when he was a kid, the one right after it--when they were talking about the horrific loss to the 1-8 Bucs under Griffin.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 2

Bram's old parter from ESPN, the blonde, I believe was RIFed. Go hire her as Brams cohost.  He's had her ok a bunch and they have good chemistry.

I would advocate they take the evening drive slot. 

Captain Nickname needs to just retire.  

Czabe is eh. I find him boring more than anything.  

On a seperate note, did anybody hear Kirk's agent on Cooley and Kevin this morning trying like hell to place majority blame on the OL and Receivers?  Oh, wait.  That was Kevin.

I think Cooley broke his hear when he graded Kirk a D.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Dukes is the worst. Can't stand him at all and don't get why anyone would listen to him. He legitimately has like almost no sports knowledge at all.

I'll give him this, he's a pro orchestrating a radio show.  What he says Is generally stupid, but he probably is the best at the blocking/tackling of being a radio host on sports talk radio here.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'll give him this, he's a pro orchestrating a radio show.  What he says Is generally stupid, but he probably is the best at the blocking/tackling of being a radio host on sports talk radio here.  

Last time I listened to his show, he criticized Nats fans over the Trea Turner bobblehead and then proceeded to complain for about 45 mins about parents who use months, rather than years, when talking about the age of their infants and toddlers. Why you may ask? Because he can't figure out the math.

This is his target audience: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-redskins-fans-appear-to-brawl-with-each-other-during-home-loss-to-eagles/

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Last time I listened to his show, he criticized Nats fans over the Trea Turner bobblehead and then proceeded to complain for about 45 mins about parents who use months, rather than years, when talking about the age of their infants and toddlers. Why you may ask? Because he can't figure out the math.

This is his target audience: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-redskins-fans-appear-to-brawl-with-each-other-during-home-loss-to-eagles/

I haven't listened to the show in probably a year and a half.  But he always got into and out of segments well, conducts interviews like a professional, letting the guest do most of the talking.

But his opinions and what he chooses to talk about are ridiculous.  I can't stand listening to him at all, so, I don't.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I haven't listened to the show in probably a year and a half.  But he always got into and out of segments well, conducts interviews like a professional, letting the guest do most of the talking.

But his opinions and what he chooses to talk about are ridiculous.  I can't stand listening to him at all, so, I don't.  

I've officially shut off The Flag****, unless there is someone on like Rizzo or Scherzer. I would love if the Nationals took Charlie and Dave to another station. Although I do like listening to Phil Wood postgame. That guys is an encyclopedia 

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I've officially shut off The Flag****, unless there is someone on like Rizzo or Scherzer. I would love if the Nationals took Charlie and Dave to another station. Although I do like listening to Phil Wood postgame. That guys is an encyclopedia 

The ideal situation for DC Sports Talk Radio is that there is 1 station that is not owned by any team.  And that station didn't have an agenda to bash any of the local teams. Probably need a "sister" station (like 570, but preferably FM) that carried only national programming and games.  

In this area, you need a radio broadcast for Redskins, Nationals, Wizards, Caps, MD Hoops + Football, Georgetown Hoops. I would dump the O's and force the O's fans to listen via internet streaming. Which is extremely available.  

If you had a flagship station, you could easily put on 'Skins, Nats, Caps and MD Hoops + MD Football games. There would be some conflicts in the fall, but not a ton.Most conflicts would be between Caps and MD Hoops, I would guess. You have to split Caps and Wizards to 2 different stations.

Other games are on "Station B."  I think that would work without disrupting the normal daily schedule.

For the daily schedule, there are some talents to build around.  I would personally ax almost everything on 106.7, Inside the Locker Room, and Czabe.  (Czabe has just gotten boring and predictable.)

Galdie, Bram, Cooley are about the only folks that I would definitely keep.  I would then go out and see if I could find some new talent.  I'd personally like to see Bram in either morning or evening drive time. 

Anyway, that's what Id' do.  By loading up on games, you essentially have a game every evening, so the after 7pm slot takes care of itself.  

• Like 2

On 9/14/2017 at 6:19 PM, CrypticVillain said:

Chris Cooley's film breakdown is must listen to. Other than that, most of the stuff they talk about on Radio, I can get it all on CSN Washington and the 100 shows that they have about the Redskins. lol

Cooley's film breakdown is nice but when he starts off a play with some **** like "this is an I formation triple z double down pastor's wife red x zone y axis point 3 play" which sounds technical and impressive but I'm pretty sure 90% of the audience doesn't know what the hell that means.

It's when he breaks down who did well on a specific play, or who botched a play and what they should have done instead that he really shines.  

Anyway, this thread is still good for laughs, it's like none of you like DC sports talk radio and just want to vent on it all the time.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Andy Pollin has got to be the pettiest person alive.  He's out here on Twitter mocking Jeff George's kid for throwing an INT.  Just to try to make a clever quip out of a 20 year old quote from his daddy.

Andy is just a bitter man who's mind is stuck in 1984. I feel sorry for him.

I've lived outside the DC area for 20 years now so I'm unfamiliar with the current sports talk scene. Going through your

posts I recognize a couple of familiar names so I had a couple of questions/comments:

1. Kornheiser -- is he still on the air? Is he still popular? Does he still revel in the Capitals brutal misfortune?

2. Does Ken Beatrice still have a show?

3. Check out Frank Caliendo's impression of Jim Rome on YouTube. Its almost as funny as his John Madden impression. 

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I've lived outside the DC area for 20 years now so I'm unfamiliar with the current sports talk scene. Going through your

posts I recognize a couple of familiar names so I had a couple of questions/comments:

1. Kornheiser -- is he still on the air? Is he still popular? Does he still revel in the Capitals brutal misfortune?

2. Does Ken Beatrice still have a show?

3. Check out Frank Caliendo's impression of Jim Rome on YouTube. Its almost as funny as his John Madden impression. 

1. He's no longer on the radio, but has a podcast now. I don't listen and have no idea what he talks about.

2. He's dead

3. I've heard it and his Rome is outstanding I'd say even better than his Madden.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

1. He's no longer on the radio, but has a podcast now. I don't listen and have no idea what he talks about.

2. He's dead

3. I've heard it and his Rome is outstanding I'd say even better than his Madden.

1. Good riddance

2. Pity. One too many Jamoca milkshakes, I guess,

3. I think Dana Carvey is a more accurate mimic than Caliendo, but Caliendo is the funnier of the two. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The entire first hour of Grant and Danny has been about which team would be a better option for Kirk. They seriously should rebrand the show "The Kirk Cousins show featuring Grant and Danny" since Grant is so in love with the guy.

We need more sports radio options in this area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The entire first hour of Grant and Danny has been about which team would be a better option for Kirk. They seriously should rebrand the show "The Kirk Cousins show featuring Grant and Danny" since Grant is so in love with the guy.

I happened to see Paulsen on TV after the Redskins game. I didn't hear anything he said, I just had vision of punching him in his smug face. Is that wrong?

• Thanks 1

I get that Paulsen has that nerd-who-thinks-he's-cool-now vibe and it rubs a lot of people, including me the wrong way.

With that said, what else is there to talk about - Redskins related?  Season has been over.  If not for Bruce Allen destroying the last shred of credibility the Redskins FO has with his handling of the Kirk contract, this wouldn't be conversation either. In fact, Grant and Danny, should be so thankful that the Skins have messed this up so badly, as it gives them something to talk about on the tail end of this snakebitten season.

This seems to be a problem with that show: they get on a topic, they're never wrong, they are unable to move off said topic, and yell at anyone who disagree with them. I stopped listening after their whole lineup harangue, mixed with thinly-veiled Dusty bashing, non-stop, so I can only assume this is pretty much the same thing.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Kirk's the team's most productive player at the most important position and the only player being talked about by the national media.  The front page of ESPN features a story of QBs potentially on the move and Kirk leads that story.  Can't really blame the local guys for latching onto the only story of major interest.  

• Like 1