Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RotoWorld: Washington adds Bill Callahan as OL coach

StepyagameuP

I am not expecting miracles but i tend to believe that this is a definite upgrade from Forester (Sp?)

I'd say so.  Granted, the QB plays a role in the number of sacks.  But the run blocking hasn't been all that great and it doesn't seem like any of the young guys have developed at all under Foerster.

More importantly!  There can be only one Redskin in the "how do you spell that guy's name" category.  An that guy is McCl....ah screw it! The GM! 

Holy crap, we beat out 7 other teams for a highly sought after candidate!?

Who are you and what have you done with the bungling bumbling nepotistic Front Office we knew and loved (to hate)?

I think having a legit GM now who has a proven track record of spotting talent is helping already.  Makes it easier for a quality coach to come to Redskin's Park.

I think having a legit GM now who has a proven track record of spotting talent is helping already.  Makes it easier for a quality coach to come to Redskin's Park.

I also think the notion that the Redskins haven't been able to attract coaches is largely a fiction.  I mean look at who we have attracted... they're almost all HOFers or people highly thought of. The only exception being Zorn.

I'd say so.  Granted, the QB plays a role in the number of sacks.  But the run blocking hasn't been all that great and it doesn't seem like any of the young guys have developed at all under Foerster.

More importantly!  There can be only one Redskin in the "how do you spell that guy's name" category.  An that guy is McCl....ah screw it! The GM! 

Good thing Forester (sp?) isnt a redskin anymore!

Let's put it this way. The Cowboys didn't exactly put up a fight to keep Callahan. Callahan was basically stripped of his powers in Dallas. Linehan called the plays and Pollack ran the OL. Callahan is an improvement over whoever the Skins had running the OL. But I thought you guys would pick someone whose career is not on the decline. I wasn't impressed with Callahan's work in Dallas at all. 

Let's put it this way. The Cowboys didn't exactly put up a fight to keep Callahan. Callahan was basically stripped of his powers in Dallas. Linehan called the plays and Pollack ran the OL. Callahan is an improvement over whoever the Skins had running the OL. But I thought you guys would pick someone whose career is not on the decline. I wasn't impressed with Callahan's work in Dallas at all. 

You don't think he had anything to do with the improved OL play? I know they spent 1st rounders on those guys, but someone still has to coach them up.

His time as the OC there didn't seem like it went well, but he seems to be a really good OL coach, which is what he'll do here.

I find this to be a very sexy hire. We clearly need a very experienced and talented OL coach to provide protection for our QBs. I guess though my biggest question is this: Are there any decent Offensive Lineman in the 2015 draft who, under Callahan, can make a huge impact very early on? Would love feedback from those on this forum who follow college football a great deal more closely than I. :)

Archived