Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

But she wasn't one of the people reporting it was a done deal. I'm talking about people like Rapport who said he had been hired.

Yeah, they'll never admit being wrong.

Reminds me of one of the snow storms last year that wasn't, but the entire area shut down.

To their credit, on the nightly need the next day, every weather person did a mea culpa, and explained why they were so wrong.

Wish reporters would do the same.

I want Fangio. I hope he and the GM were tight when they were in San Francisco.

Fangio can teach our young guys on defense to be better individually and collectively.

This new coaching staff has the potential to be really good.

A good quarterback coach is needed as well.

Fangio and McC never worked together.  Fangio was hired as the 49ers DC after McC left.  However I'm sure he paid attention to what Fangio did with the talent he assembled. 

I'd really advocate closing this thread since it's been clearly proven that the story it was based on was ... Inaccurate.

Or morph the thread into "incorrect predictions by Skins media members."

Skins still might end up with the guy, but it's clear that when this story was released, it wasn't accurate.

1. Since it's still technically possible (all things Redskins, given) that this might somehow happen and has been stated, was formatted properly, it remains as it is until any staff member (of 5) decides otherwise. Where you guys keep thinking you get a vote, or know what to base it on, is unknown to me. But we do allow feedback in the proper place.

2. This has been pointed out several times already in the thread when posters have opined or complained on the matter. It will be closed/changed when we decide to do it, period.

(or you could stop posting in it)

3. In the twitter thread, we just saw a sign that the staff is tired of being ignored and having our rules ignored, no matter "who" you are.

4. This kind of post/comment is against the rules (has been for a long time). It goes in the feedback forum or a PM. 

5. The poster (whose posting I really enjoy) nets a temp ban.

If we do sign Fangio... IF

I mean, you have to say Skins pretty much covered what every naysayer critiqued this year.

GM... Check

Offensive Coaches improvement... Check

DC... Check

Seriously, sometimes you just gotta get lucky... i.e. Brady in 6th, Wilson in 3rd

I think, I'll have to believe that Fangio is weighing his options at the moment.

Have to think that Jay Gruden is in a critical year, if he can not improve this team to at lease 7-9 or near .500 he will not be here in 2016. If Skins get a new HC, new HC could clean house, and Vic will be on the street looking for another job. If we don't get Fangio, I'm fine with it, will give Barry a shot. JG started digging his own grave when he let Allen pick his coaching staff. An up and coming, but unproven McVay and a Hasbeen DC...actually, he was never good so....

I would rather we go after Jim Schwartz, then Fangio.

I'm guessing Wade also saw this as a instability of the job, and wanted more money. What Wade has for him also is that Kubiak was inline for a HC Coaching job, and could bring Wade with him.

According to NBC, Vic Fangio is doing his second interview with us right now and then leaving to talk with others interested. 

If we can't hire him today, we won't ever. I think he flies back Chicago to become a Bear.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner ladies and gentlemen!

Archived