Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

No. It was down to the contract/paperwork. Fan reaction caused the hold up ala Fassil. Think don't monitor fan reaction? Think again.

Gary Fitzgerald (@GaryRFitzgerald)

15 Jan 2015 2:43 PM EST

Sighs of relief coming from #Redskins front office as they scour Twitter & message boards for fan reaction to Bill Callahan-OL coach hire.

And they held up on Barry because of fan reaction, imagine what they'd have done if Rah getting bumped to Ast HC Defense/Secondary really got out there.

This is what doesn't make sense:

Gary Fitzgerald @GaryRFitzgerald Jan 14

If #Redskins brass didn't know potential Joe Barry hiring would not be well received by fans, that would be truly alarming.

If--IF--the Redskins top brass really DOES completely change course on a hiring decision based on "fan backlash", there's no way in hell they would not know ahead of time that Joe Barry would cause the fan reaction that it did lol...any organization THAT freaked out and concerned about fan reaction would never have brought in Joe Barry for an interview to begin with.

If this is true then the Washington Redskins are the dumbest ****ing business on the planet.

Amen to that...SMDH

So nothing has changed even though we have a GM in place. This place will be a joke Danny Boy dies.

You know, unless none of that is true.

It was so obvious a potential Berry hire wouldn't go over well that it doesn't even make sense to need to leak it to get feedback.

Doesn't add up.

so are you saying that rah is going to be Ast HC Defense/secondary or will just be this from yesterday:

TK, on 13 Jan 2015 - 8:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Cuz it wouldn't freak me out if he was promoted--even given the givens---tho i expect a lot of folks won't like the idea.

They were going give Rah the Ast HC title & he'd still be running the DBs

So nothing has changed even though we have a GM in place. This place will be a joke Danny Boy dies. 

Question to me is:

If fan reaction (this time) brings us Scot(don't add no T boy!) McLovin' It and Vic Fangio, does that suggest we're better than Bruce Allen?

I think it does...

BTW, why are people blaming Snyder, if anything, it's Allen and to the extent Snyder interferes it may well have brought us better options this go-round.  Maybe Snyder should be President and kick Allen to the curb.  I'm starting to believe Snyder consulting ES experts would be a better option.

Where did the report about Barry leak from?  The FO?  Barry himself?

I think Art (or maybe it was you...it was some forum giant) said Fassel leaked the HC thing to try and scare off others, I'm wondering if it's the same or if the franchise is sending out trial balloons.

And what exactly are they monitoring?  Twitter?  News?  We better be high on the list darn it!  Some of us have lives that we're neglecting to be here yelling about football, haha.

Where did the report about Barry leak from? The FO? Barry himself?

I think Art (or maybe it was you...it was some forum giant) said Fassel leaked the HC thing to try and scare off others, I'm wondering if it's the same or if the franchise is sending out trial balloons.

And what exactly are they monitoring? Twitter? News? We better be high on the list darn it! Some of us have lives that we're neglecting to be here yelling about football, haha.

If they are, why not just give them direct orders? Clearly we run the team, not them.

That's not what TK just said.

TK and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Of course he has connections so there is a high probability that he's correct, but I just have a very hard time believing that a professional football team would rescind a job offered based off of fan reaction and tscrew a guy over.

I truly hope it's not true even though I don't want the Barry fella.

But you were just holding out on the Ast Hc part yesterday so the board wouldn't overreact?

That doesn't seem to make sense since "dropping the barry nugget" would only have done that, and you did and it did, and you'd know that.

Was it that you didn't know he was going to get the Ast HC part yesterday when you posted the nugget(s)? 

Trying to figure it out and connect the posts in some rational manner and then to all to the whole "team watching/gauging the board/fanbase to check feedback" dealio.  :lol:

You know, unless none of that is true.

It was so obvious a potential Berry hire wouldn't go over well that it doesn't even make sense to need to leak it to get feedback.

Doesn't add up.

It would be like:

Vinny is seen at Redskins park by "someone"...

Media member tweets that Snyder wants to hire Vinny on as some sort of consultant...

ES goes into complete meltdown...

"Someone" else at Redskins Park lets another media member know that Vinny ain't being hired for anything...

Comments about how "fan backlash" kept Vinny from being hired on as a consultant gets tossed about...

Logical question would be: how in the ever-loving **** would Snyder NOT know what type of backlash would occur among the fan base if Vinny were brought back?...Answer would be: Of course he knew all along how fans would react...how could he not.

So follow-up question would be: then why attempt to bring him back?...Answer would (or should) be: He most likely didn't.

Running narrative for the next 10 years among fans? "Fan backlash kept there from being another Snyderratto era!"...people will tell their grandkids about it.

But you were just holding out on the Ast Hc part yesterday so the board wouldn't overreact?

That doesn't seem to make sense since "dropping the barry nugget" would only have done that, and you did and it did, and you'd know that.

Was it that you didn't know he was going to get the Ast HC part yesterday when you posted the nugget(s)?

Trying to figure it out and connect the posts in some rational manner and then to all to the whole "team watching/gauging the board/fanbase to check feedback" dealio. :lol:

Maybe I'm just ****ing with you.

Maybe not. :)

No. It was down to the contract/paperwork. Fan reaction caused the hold up ala Fassil. Think don't monitor fan reaction? Think again.

Gary Fitzgerald (@GaryRFitzgerald)

15 Jan 2015 2:43 PM EST

Sighs of relief coming from #Redskins front office as they scour Twitter & message boards for fan reaction to Bill Callahan-OL coach hire.

And they held up on Barry because of fan reaction, imagine what they'd have done if Rah getting bumped to Ast HC Defense/Secondary really got out there.

This is just so hard to believe - maybe because I don't want it to be true.  Smart people don't make decisions this way.

If this is true then Snyder / Allen really are only about the marketing, ticket sales, etc...

Report: Vic Fangio plans to sign with the Redskins according to sources.

Just like Joe Barry is to be named new DC... everyone is at Mortons hashing out the details. Eddie Royal is working there as a busboy apparently.

PS joking aside, I hope your source is right.

Archived