Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

4 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Got a boar today, about 70 lbs. Wild hog is the best. 

Havent cooked it yet but if you've never had slow smoked backstrap with potatoes and corn you are missing out. 

When's dinner?

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Havent cooked it yet but if you've never had slow smoked backstrap with potatoes and corn you are missing out. 

You better post pics or I'll be insulted.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Been grilling pizza again.  Packing on the pounds.  Will be working all day and night tomorrow, so I can burn off thems calories to make room for more grilled pizza.

No pics? That's not fair!

On 6/2/2017 at 8:07 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

Getting ready to cook some shrimp and grits. I cooked grits for breakfast. 

I mentioned this delicacy to my mom once...it's on almost every menu in every restaurant in Savannah, and when I lived there I ate a ton of it!...

Mom's been a nurse almost her whole life, so not much makes her queasy...but I thought she was gonna barf on the spot...she needs to get out of VA once in a while.:ols:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I mentioned this delicacy to my mom once...it's on almost every menu in every restaurant in Savannah, and when I lived there I ate a ton of it!...

Mom's been a nurse almost her whole life, so not much makes her queasy...but I thought she was gonna barf on the spot...she needs to get out of VA once in a while.:ols:

Grits are a no for me. It's a texture thing.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Grits are a no for me. It's a texture thing.

You gotta do 'em right.  There's a breakfast/lunch spot in Savannah called Sunny Side Up...I swear, the creamiest grits on the planet, better than my grandma's were, and I didn't think that was possible.  (And you're in Kentucky, what the hell is wrong with you?):ols:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

You gotta do 'em right.  There's a breakfast/lunch spot in Savannah called Sunny Side Up...I swear, the creamiest grits on the planet, better than my grandma's were, and I didn't think that was possible.  (And you're in Kentucky, what the hell is wrong with you?):ols:

East coast/Yankee brat. Too many years in Maine I guess...I can't eat corn bread either unless it's sweet with actual corn in it. Biscuits and gravy on the other hand!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't use milk or butter when cooking them, just a bit of salt. Don't use quick grits! They have to be cooked awhile to get the creamiest. I cook the shrimps in butter and Old Bay, that's where the salt is, I have to watch that. I use frozen shrimp, Giant has some that are shelled, deveined with tails off. The liquid from the shrimp combines with the butter to make the sauce. 

Delicious dinner!

12 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I have some backstrap.  I've only eat it rare, to med-rare, tops. How do you slow smoke it, and keep it tender?

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/guys-fill-job-viral-craiglist-ad-generic-father/story?id=47862425

It’s summertime, which means it’s time to fire up the grill. But this group of about 40 guys who call themselves “The Boys,” all in their 20s from the Spokane, Washington, area, didn’t want to throw the shrimp on the barbie alone.

Dane Anderson, the group’s ringleader of sorts, created a Craigslist ad calling for a “Generic Father for Backyard BBQ” to help “The Boys” with a very specific, very enticing list of duties for their “backyard BBQ on June 17th to celebrate beer and each other.”

Rybarski said they’ve have had about 100 applicants to date and is pleased to announce their friend Taylor Wright, who has been reviewing all the candidates, has hired the first official dad as of Tuesday.

“We’re going to have several barbecue dads now,” he said of the overwhelming response. “This dad has a very heartwarming local story. The guy who reviews our applications hired the guy right on the spot and we all agreed it was the right decision.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/guys-fill-job-viral-craiglist-ad-generic-father/story?id=47862425

It’s summertime, which means it’s time to fire up the grill. But this group of about 40 guys who call themselves “The Boys,” all in their 20s from the Spokane, Washington, area, didn’t want to throw the shrimp on the barbie alone.

Dane Anderson, the group’s ringleader of sorts, created a Craigslist ad calling for a “Generic Father for Backyard BBQ” to help “The Boys” with a very specific, very enticing list of duties for their “backyard BBQ on June 17th to celebrate beer and each other.”

Rybarski said they’ve have had about 100 applicants to date and is pleased to announce their friend Taylor Wright, who has been reviewing all the candidates, has hired the first official dad as of Tuesday.

“We’re going to have several barbecue dads now,” he said of the overwhelming response. “This dad has a very heartwarming local story. The guy who reviews our applications hired the guy right on the spot and we all agreed it was the right decision.”

That's pretty cool.  

On 4/6/2017 at 11:41 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I ate boar in a ragu in Italy once.  They roam the country side and outskirts of the city in the evenings.  It was good but it wasn't super memorable.

I love it, it's a specialty of my hometown. We use young wild boar and we marinate it 24H to 48H in red wine with indian pepper, carots  and herbs. Then cook it low and real slow (5 hours). You get a melt in your mouth meat with a delicious burgundy wine reduction sauce with tagliatelles.

recettes_gibier_2016_05.jpg?itok=0uBOhQP

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'd have been a lock! I do all the dad stuff, dad jokes, anecdotes, drink beer, bbq, have nicknames for the kids. 

This is an awesome feel good story though!

On 6/4/2017 at 8:13 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Slow cooked, of course. You can't take short-cuts.  Served with butter, salt, pepper,  and a couple of sunny-side eggs on top.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A delicious fresh local farm raised chicken meal! Spatch****ed (butterflied) with rosemary, thyme, sage, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted garlic under skin, with a chicken rub on the skin, then on the grill with cedar planks. First time with pan seared radishes too...yummy!! And don't forget the grilled sweet corn!

35003110573_f3410302a5_b.jpg

35424444970_d9dd83cc8e_b.jpg

35424441160_804b90a175_b.jpg

35424444980_3a7de35267_b.jpg

• Like 3