Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

I serve it all day long, both eggplant & chx.  That is beautiful, dude.  Much love there, I can tell.   Finger kisses & all dat.  (I won't say "go UK".  Forget it.):ols:

You're good, LSF.  It ain't all too difficult, and you know stuff.  It's more of a "spice as you please" dish. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I serve it all day long, both eggplant & chx.  That is beautiful, dude.  Much love there, I can tell.   Finger kisses & all dat.  (I won't say "go UK".  Forget it.):ols:

Thank you!! There are so many little tricks in that video that made the difference tonight. From the butterflying, the pressing with the wax paper, to the process order. I know I over cooked a little in the frying pan but the chicken stayed tender.

My plating needed more attention but I was hungry and tired. LoL

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Brisket flat. Found a few, back in March at Costco, for $0.49.lb.  I did not question the prices, and snagged a few. Flats, IMHO are harder to cook, because they're not as tender as whole packers, or points.  This one is 6 lbs. Put it on at 7:00 am, took it off at 4:30, wrapped and rested for two hours.  

20170730_065038.jpg

20170730_161818.jpg

20170730_180250.jpg

20170730_180555.jpg

20170730_180608.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nice!!!

What dough recipe are you using?

I've been debating on just using naan bread

From KettlePizza (https://www.kettlepizza.com/ingredient/instant-yeast/) the 1-2-3 Neapolitan. Key is Type "00" or Chef's flour. Makes dough you can stretch and see light through, but won't break. Big bubbles, and thin crust. 

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Mom's recipe of course!  With pecans.

Bring some over.

We are adding Green Bean Almondine to the menu.  Yum. (Fancy name for Green Beens sauteed with butter and roasted almonds.

I'm always curious when people say they can't cook.  There are some things that are so easy to cook.   And chicks dig guys who can cook.  I had a peanut glazed Cornish hen dish I would cook for girls back when I was dating.  I swear, it might have been more effective than buying diamonds...  Also chicken marsala or piccata.  I used all three to great effect, and none are even remotely hard.

If anybody has a good recipe for Chicken Kiev, pass that along.  (I know, not so much on the grilling, but that's one of my most favorite dishes, and I've never found a good recipe or instructions to make it.  It's essentially breaded, herb butter stuffed chicken.  But whenever I make it, the butter just melts and runs out when I'm cooking it, so you end up with baked buttery chicken. Which, let's be hoenst, isn't a terrible alternative, but it aint what I'm looking for.  

• Like 2

My mom used to make Chicken Divan, took her hours I swear, but there were never leftovers in our family of four. It was baked in a 9x13 dish. 

She cooked a whole chicken, deboned it, shredded it. There was a cream sauce with parmesan cheese, and frozen broccoli spears on the bottom, chicken layered on that, then the cream sauce, and then baked for like a half hour. 

It was a famous dish at some restaurant or hotel or something. 

Now I am hungry!

• Like 1