Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halfway through the season, let's reexamine the schedule

abdcskins

Unless all the football gods in the universe decide it's our year, I do not see us making the playoffs this year. It would take a lot of things to happen for us to make the playoffs.

Playing in Minnesota is going to be tougher than we think, but I do feel like we pull off a tight close game. I predict McCoy is still our starting QB against them and we rest RG3 through the bye week. After that we will be playing the Bucs at home with RG3 back. I honestly feel like we could explode offensively against them and win an easy game for once. (If only we could always play the Florida teams). At this point we would be 5-5 going into San Francisco.

Realistically I think we lose to San Fran and Indy. If we want a shot at the playoffs then we have to beat San Francisco. It will be more important than beating Indy since it's a conference game. The Rams are winnable and then the Giants are too. We will want sweet redemption after the TNF debacle.

My prediction: @Min (W), TB (W), @ SF (L), @ IND (L), STL (W), @NYG (W), PHI (L), DAL (W)  8-8.

huh. interesting you say that. I think yeah, RG3 looked bad against the texans. but he was doing pretty good against the jaguars leading up to his injury. I think he would be as good, if not better, than kirk and colt.

Wait, what? Try comparing RG3's game against the texans against Colts game against the boys than tell me he was stinking up the place. If it wasn't for 3 fumbles in the redzone..... Ah nm these people are too stupid and shortsighted to try to reason with.

It all depends on Minnesota. Win this one and it's 8-8. Lose it and it's 5-11.

Playoffs ain't happening unless Rg3 comes back walking on water...again.

I think this second half is going to be centered around playing competitive football and building confidence and young talent to roll into next year. You always see a team start putting it together after a bad start, then come back and be a playoff team the following year.

...Then again we just beat the "best team in the league" at their place with our 3rd string qb. We may just run the ****ing table!!

I believe this team can go on a run and make a playoff. But that is hope and belief. I know they can do it, but anything can happen week to week in the NFL. Given how the team has played this far I say 7-9 with a win against the Rams and a win in one of the three remaining division games.

Wait, what? Try comparing RG3's game against the texans against Colts game against the boys than tell me he was stinking up the place. If it wasn't for 3 fumbles in the redzone..... Ah nm these people are too stupid and shortsighted to try to reason with.

i think colt played good enough for us to win last night. but i think RG3 is better. just an opinion.

As far as predicting a specific record, I'll punt.  It's not a full copout, but more the fact that looking too far down the line is difficult.  If controversy flares up in 9nerland again & Luck gets injured by the time we see them, then those games become entirely Winnable.  Who knows??

I will stand by what I've been posting in past weeks on the board - if we can get to 2 games under .500 by the time RGIII comes back, then we would be in a position to make a late season charge.  And we may even be in even better shape than I initially thought, if McCoy can beat Minnesota in Sunday.

I predicted 8-8 at the start of the year, and after last night's win I think that record is well within our sights.  I don't really want to be in the playoffs unless we have a winning regular season record, but I think a 5-3 finish in the second half would be a victory of sorts in Jay's first year, especially with RG3's injury taking him out for much of the season's first half.  Aside from our playoff seasons (famously, of course, the 7 game run to end 2012), the second halves of our seasons have recently been really dreadful........lot of 2-6s posted over the last eight games.

It wouldn't be a 5-3 finish, it'd be a 7-3 finish. Not going to happen. We'll be lucky to win 6 games. 

6-10, maybe 7-9.

Unless there's an overhaul to the entire team, sloppy, unattentive players will continue to take their positions on the field.

The Cowboys game was exactly what they call a 'throw the records out' game, and some are feeling like world beaters right now, but that same blind faith could come crashing down with a sloppy performance against the Vikes.

I'd be happy as hell if they went on a 2012-ish streak, but the team as a whole needs to play at their best week in and out, and I just don't see it right now; but stay tuned...

Realistically I'd say 6-10. I don't think the defense will be able to replicate the success it had against Dallas week after week.

If RGIII stays healthy and is on top of his game we could make 8-8. It would take a dramatic collapse by the other teams for us to make the playoffs.

I think the old adage winning breeds winning. IF we can go in and the defence can play somewhere near the level they have been (there are huge weaknesses in this unit but they played hard on Monday) and if special teams can play positively or at least neutrally and not give up huge plays - RGIII could come in and play as "terribly" as he did in 2013 and we would have a shot at 8-8.

I actually think we will end up in the 7-9 region which is respectable. It would give us a shot at taking someone like Collins or Brandon Shcerff to bolster the secondary or the OL. I don't think we would quite be in the Shayne Ray sweepstakes and keep building the team that has promise.

I think the Vikings and the Bucs are winnable (5-5) then I think the 49ers or the Colts are beatable but will be tough but if we can split those (6-6) then I have the feeling we will loose to our bogey team at the moment (Rams) but beat a faltering Giants team (7-7). If by this time we have been playing hard and getting players back from injury and not loosing them again the eagles ... hmm ... I don't think it will be a shoot out but there is a chance - and if Dallas looses Tony R teams will stack the box to limit Murry (I doubt he gets 2000 yards this season) and they may be playing for pride rather than playoffs in the finally . If they are playing for pride I think they win and if they are playing for the playoffs then I think we win - hey how did I get here (9-7) ... hmm interesting ...

Also quite interesting is the fact that we are tied for wins with the Giants (3-4 at the moment playing Indy next Monday) so there is a chance we don't finish last - so well there is that - hooray !

I think they fit the offense Gruden is trying to run much better than RG3. RG3 before he was hurt was stinking the field up.RG is a great athlete, but doesn't fit this offense.

Gruden will have to change up the offense a bit for RGIII to be successful, but that's what coaches are supposed to do anyway. If that's not Gruden's plan then he should go ahead and say that RGIII is not our QB of the future. It would save everyone a lot of frustration.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if we finish 3-13 or 11-5.

What really matters for this franchise is how RGIII looks when he returns. If he looks like a confident passer, has improved his ability to read defenses and proves that he can protect himself, that will be a lot more important for the future than if we win some games because the defense hits a hot streak. I'd rather see Robert play phenomenal and we lose every week than him be the mediocre player he was in 2013 and we put some wins together. 

But to give a prediction, I'm thinking 6-10. I hope Griffin does something in 7 games like 2,000 yards, 13 TDs and 6 INTs. And stays healthy.

Archived