Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we make the playoffs this year?

northeastsucks

yep, i'll most likely be back in here on wednesday posting what would have to happen the next 5 weeks for us to be in playoff position. i'll be doing that until we are mathematically eliminated so get used to it people :P

I understand the "not giving up on the team thought" but I think the worst thing that could happen to this team is to win 6 or 7 games (wont happen tho). Because I do not think it would come about because this team got alot better, but because of luck, and the bounce of the ball really. Even with RG back as QB. Being in the middle of the pack really wouldn't do us any good as far as the real needs of this team and we need high draft picks to find a stud or two. Or, if only to just parley them into more draft picks because this team needs a whole lot of help and across the board talent. 

Who is to say we can't get "hot" at the right time and run away with the division, especialy if the giants take a major step back and the cowboys do there annual end of the year collapse. Do you think we can at the very least get in as a wildcard this year?

I'll stick by what I've been saying; if the Backup can get us to 2 games under .500 by the time RGIII comes back, then we have a chance.  It's a puncher's shot, but I will take it.

I'll stick by what I've been saying; if the Backup can get us to 2 games under .500 by the time RGIII comes back, then we have a chance.  It's a puncher's shot, but I will take it.

Why even bother rushing RG3 back? And even when he comes back, I expect him to be a bit rusty.  Keep him out until after the bye.  I think we will be 3-6 at best at the bye....the Cowboys are going to boat-race us.   But heck, we were 3-6 in 2012 too......but lightning isn't gonna strike again.  7-9 at best this year.

Why even bother rushing RG3 back? And even when he comes back, I expect him to be a bit rusty.  Keep him out until after the bye.  I think we will be 3-6 at best at the bye....the Cowboys are going to boat-race us.   But heck, we were 3-6 in 2012 too......but lightning isn't gonna strike again.  7-9 at best this year.

I'm not predicting anything.  All I am saying is if those circumstances come to pass, then we've got a shot.  And as slow as the team has started, that's all I want.

At best... 5-11. A 'possible' win against Titans, Bucs, Vikings, and Rams. We will lose all other games including division games.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one still insane enough and have that much faith in RG3 to still think its a possibility? I said the whole time that if RG3 comes back by the Titans game then I think we can make it because he will have all the rust of and will be close to top form by time we hit the tough stretch starting with SF. Now he didnt make it back until 2 games later and we did lose to Minny which I counted as a W but it was offset by him looking pretty solid already and we beat Dallas which I didnt think we would.

My other reservation was that 10-6 may not be enough to get in this year and it still may not but I do believe we can run the table and I do believe that it may now get us in with us having 3 division games left, Foles being hurt, and Dallas sure enough to lose atleast 2 more before we play them in the finale.

Now I know you will say this team doesnt even look like it will win 2 more games all year let alone 7 but I like our sked. I think we matchup well with all our home games against TB who we should beat, the Rams who we should beat, and both Dal & Phi who we did and shouldve already beaten. Plus if we get to the last 2 games at 8-6 then we should be able to battle those 2 at home anyways. All those home wins give us 7 wins to put us at 7-6.

The key is the 3 road games. NYG will be tough at home but again, we matchup well with RG3 (despite them killing us early), they probably will be nearly out the playoff picture by then, and by that point we will be 6-6 heading into that game with momentum. Which means basically I think our season comes down to the b2b games at SF & Ind who no one will give us a shot to win but I think by then RG3 will be full go with a ton to prove.

He will be going up against CK who Jaws thinks is the real down dual threat unilke RG3 so I think our guy will be ready. I then think he will be ready to show the world that he's not far off from Luck like everyone thinks he is now and our Offense will be super fast in the dome. I just still think our Offensive potential is so great with RG3 at full go and the rust off. I also think the Vikes arent great but we wont face the combination of a physical D-line and cold outdoors on the road again sans NY who I think RG3 can kill. It still may not be enough to get it but dont be shocked if we make a serious run at it

Am I the only one still insane enough and have that much faith in RG3 to still think its a possibility? I said the whole time that if RG3 comes back by the Titans game then I think we can make it because he will have all the rust of and will be close to top form by time we hit the tough stretch starting with SF. Now he didnt make it back until 2 games later and we did lose to Minny which I counted as a W but it was offset by him looking pretty solid already and we beat Dallas which I didnt think we would.

My other reservation was that 10-6 may not be enough to get in this year and it still may not but I do believe we can run the table and I do believe that it may now get us in with us having 3 division games left, Foles being hurt, and Dallas sure enough to lose atleast 2 more before we play them in the finale.

Now I know you will say this team doesnt even look like it will win 2 more games all year let alone 7 but I like our sked. I think we matchup well with all our home games against TB who we should beat, the Rams who we should beat, and both Dal & Phi who we did and shouldve already beaten. Plus if we get to the last 2 games at 8-6 then we should be able to battle those 2 at home anyways. All those home wins give us 7 wins to put us at 7-6.

The key is the 3 road games. NYG will be tough at home but again, we matchup well with RG3 (despite them killing us early), they probably will be nearly out the playoff picture by then, and by that point we will be 6-6 heading into that game with momentum. Which means basically I think our season comes down to the b2b games at SF & Ind who no one will give us a shot to win but I think by then RG3 will be full go with a ton to prove.

He will be going up against CK who Jaws thinks is the real down dual threat unilke RG3 so I think our guy will be ready. I then think he will be ready to show the world that he's not far off from Luck like everyone thinks he is now and our Offense will be super fast in the dome. I just still think our Offensive potential is so great with RG3 at full go and the rust off. I also think the Vikes arent great but we wont face the combination of a physical D-line and cold outdoors on the road again sans NY who I think RG3 can kill. It still may not be enough to get it but dont be shocked if we make a serious run at it

after yesterday i dont think anyone can SERIOUSLY say that we "should be able to beat" tampa bay and st louis, even if they are at FedEx Field. im hopeful of some magical lucky 7-0 run to the playoffs...but, there's a 99.99% chance that it doesnt happen. i mean...we're 3-6. jim haslett is still our defensive coordinator. RG3 doesn't have the spark he had in 2012. as much as i would love to see it happen...trust me dude, it aint gonna happen. shut down this thread, the parties over...to be honest, it kinda didn't even begin.

also, i know i sound like a hypocrite, guys...dont need to tell me. I know I was going on and on about our "playoff chances" a few weeks ago, and people were telling me "dude, just shut the **** up, not going to happen" and i flipped out on you guys...and now here i am telling Balln2041 to shut the **** up. if thats not a ******* hypocrite, i dont know what is...

If only our team was the Washington RG3s.......unfortunately, this team has 21 other starters, including a defense which couldn't stop a struggling Minnesota offense to go off yesterday.

The streaks of 2005, 2007, and 2012 have shown me to never say anything's impossible; however, Haslett's trainwreck of a unit is going to ensure at least a few more losses, no matter how well Griffin performs.

And weren't you the guy who kept insisting we were going to turn it around last season and make this great run?  How'd that turn out?

If only our team was the Washington RG3s.......unfortunately, this team has 21 other starters, including a defense which couldn't stop a struggling Minnesota offense to go off yesterday.

The streaks of 2005, 2007, and 2012 have shown me to never say anything's impossible; however, Haslett's trainwreck of a unit is going to ensure at least a few more losses, no matter how well Griffin performs.

trust me. it is near impossible to have another lucky streak. like i said, turn out the lights, the party's over....AINT HAPPENING, PEOPLE! DEAL WITH IT!

• 2 weeks later...

I still believe that this team is primed for a huge 2nd half rally. RG3 will look great and these guys seem like they are starting to rally around eachother. We wil beat TB and I cant wait for the SF and Ind games when we shocked the world. I predict by the end of this season no matter what, no one will be doubting RG3 as a great QB

Archived