Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

I think it's been announced that the 49ers won't have any sunday night, monday night, or thursday night games this season because of traffic (which is weird because the reason they built the stadium was to reduce traffic). so the game will probably be a sunday at 4:25.

Whoa Whoa hold on that sounds like Bull**** and a complete competitive advantage. No games on a short week due to Traffic? Leaving Fedex is a nightmare can we get the same treatment? Arent we something like 3-15 on Monday night games the last decade (Complete guess but i know the record is poor). I know it's just home games but still.

Wait what? Are we really doing mock schedules now as a thing?

Yea the sports fix on 980 has been doing it for at least 3 years now. I know because I listen to them almost 4 days a week but I havent been able to catch them for about 2 weeks now. I mean it's the off season its fun to play these games and just try to get by with what little there is to talk about

I'm hearing that the schedule won't be released until Wed or Thurs.

I wonder why they didn't release a few games like they always do.

yep thats what profootballtalk is saying too...the nfl said last week that tuesday would be the day, just announce it on tuesday!! Jeez!!! i just wanna know the order of the games and when the games will be played and when the bye week is...MAKE ME HAPPY GOODELL!!!

I'm actually surprised the league does this every year.  They tried to make it an event a couple of years ago, with a primetime special on NFLN, like the NCAA brackets.

But they've gone back to just putting it out there like they used to.  There must be some serious midnight oil to be burned with nailing down facilities for certain weekends, which causes things to push (e.g. the Bears can't be at home during the Chicago marathon-- there are probably similar circumstances in a lot of cities in October, lots of NFL/MLB teams share parking facilities and in Oakland's case they still share a stadium)

Whoa Whoa hold on that sounds like Bull**** and a complete competitive advantage. No games on a short week due to Traffic? Leaving Fedex is a nightmare can we get the same treatment? Arent we something like 3-15 on Monday night games the last decade (Complete guess but i know the record is poor). I know it's just home games but still.

Agree. This doesn't seem right at all. Getting in and out FedEx is a nightmare for weeknight games. I doubt SF can possibly be worse.

Its actually a disadvantage in a way since they will have to travel for every MNF & TNF game they get, which will make the short weeks even shorter.

I wonder what improvements they can make in a year to help with the issue.

From I'm reading, the schedules are already done. NFL is just looking for as much attention as possible when they announce the release. Not that serious, just want to know who we're playing, dude.

Been wondering about that.

I've been following several of the links from the Breaking News section. And more than one has had a link on the side of the page for Browns-Skins, week 3.

All i ask is that we get Seattle week 10-12 so we are in full gear, settled into the system and can give them the absolute tail whipping they deserve. Even better if we have a bye the week before.

I'd rather face Seattle early so they won't have as much film on the offense. 

Also, I hope we have the 1 Thursday primetime game, and everything else is Sunday at 1. 

I'd rather face Seattle early so they won't have as much film on the offense. 

Also, I hope we have the 1 Thursday primetime game, and everything else is Sunday at 1. 

Heres something for you to think about...  recall the 2012 playoff game vs Seattle.... now I know their defense wasn't as dominate in 2012 as 2013, but they were still bad @ss as a whole... and look what a healthy and comfortable RGIII did to them.  I don't care when we play Seattle, hell, I would LOVE to have them slated late in the year and give them a run for their money.  We match up well with Seattle, alot better then other teams do.

Heres something for you to think about...  recall the 2012 playoff game vs Seattle.... now I know their defense wasn't as dominate in 2012 as 2013, but they were still bad @ss as a whole... and look what a healthy and comfortable RGIII did to them.  I don't care when we play Seattle, hell, I would LOVE to have them slated late in the year and give them a run for their money.  We match up well with Seattle, alot better then other teams do.

I'm going to go ahead and state your assumption:  RGIII returns to 2012 form.

And I'm going to add an addendum:  If RGIII returns to 2012 form, then there isn't a defense out there that the 'Skins won't match up well with.  We have a solid running game, weapons on the outside with Garcon, Jackson and Roberts, and a good safety-blanket in Reed. And you also have to account for Griffin's running ability.  That's a lot to handle.  

If the QB play is good (And the offense-design/play-calling is good) or above (great, exceptional, All-Pro), then there is absolutely no defense that can match up against all of the weapons consistently.  

but then again in reality, Reed will probably be injured for the Seattle game, Garcon will have tweaked a leg, Desean Jackson will suffer a concussion, and they can play 8 men in the box to stop Almo at the line of scrimmage lol....

ok ok ok thats worst case scenario

And with that thought, my day is now ruined.  :angry:

Kevin S of ESPN980 just tweeted that the Redskins will play the Giants at MetLife Stadium in primetime in week 1. Says that the draw was Jon calling little brothers first NFL Regular season game as a head coach. also said the opponent in week 17 is philly. and somebody else tweeted an hour ago that the nfl schedule will be out "manana", which means morning...so im guessing we will know tomorrow morning?

Kevin S of ESPN980 just tweeted that the Redskins will play the Giants at MetLife Stadium in primetime in week 1. Says that the draw was Jon calling little brothers first NFL Regular season game as a head coach. also said the opponent in week 17 is philly. and somebody else tweeted an hour ago that the nfl schedule will be out "manana", which means morning...so im guessing we will know tomorrow morning?

It seems like they sure love putting the Skins in NY against the Giants in week 1.

Archived