Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

I bet RGIII is chomping at the bit to play against Luck, Kaep, Wilson and Foles(x2) this season.  These are the young QB's everybody in the media is putting ahead of RGIII right now, and I'm sure he wants to leave no doubt about who the best young QB is.  He basically gets a shot against every promising young QB except Cam this season.  I know QB's don't play other QB's, they play defenses, but that's not how the media will perceive it if we lose and perception is often reality when it comes to rankings against your peers.

What are the expanded flex opportunities?

Im honestly shocked myself that everything was so tight-lipped regarding the schedule. Usually by now you had the season opening Thursday night game, Thanksgiving match ups, and the Monday night opening

doubleheader

Nfl wanted to keep.it all.under wraps

Schedule release is always by far my favorite off season event; I prefer it over FA or the draft or anything to do with mini camp.

Wow That Sucks if this is the hightlight of the offseason!!!....We need to go out n play up to the level we can be...Forget who its against....Schedule release really???

I love the NFL more than anything and especially the Redskins… BUT I hate how money hungry the league has now gotten… I hate how we have to wait till a certain day and time to see the schedule and they still keep pushing it back… They need to even have a schedule release show.  Then on that show they will talk about last season and then this upcoming season's story lines, then the Thursday Night matchups, then the Sunday Night matchups, then the Monday Night games… then they will talk about the Patriots… Then they’ll talk about the Broncos… They’ll then talk about the cowboys after that… Then they’ll finally talk about the team that actually won the Super Bowl, Seattle… Then sometime between 8:30pm and 9:00pm EST they will fully release the schedules for all the teams…

In a way Mark Cuban was right, the NFL may be spiraling out of control… They need to stick to Sundays and Mondays… Maybe the last 4 weeks of the season have Thursday games… They used to do that back in the 90’s… Goodell is money hungry and is all about the TV dollars…

Just release the schedule without all this fan fare…

In the MLB, the season ends in October and the very next month the schedule is released for all MLB teams without a show and analysis… I hate the way the NFL does business now with Goodell in charge

Wow That Sucks if this is the hightlight of the offseason!!!....We need to go out n play up to the level we can be...Forget who its against....Schedule release really???

Or maybe some people actually want to know the dates and times of their teams games so they can actually make travel arrangements to fly to a certain city for a certain weekend for a certain game...maybe that's why nfl fans love to see the schedule.

In the MLB, the season ends in October and the very next month the schedule is released for all MLB teams without a show and analysis… I hate the way the NFL does business now with Goodell in charge

Honestly, I think the NFL would be in this same marketing bliss even if Goodell wasn't the commissioner.  Remember, he works for the owners and the NFL, and that is who really pushes the envelope with all of the marketing.

Or maybe some people actually want to know the dates and times of their teams games so they can actually make travel arrangements to fly to a certain city for a certain weekend for a certain game...maybe that's why nfl fans love to see the schedule.

I'm with you!  I'm surprised to see people pissing on the excitement of the schedule release.  That has always been an exciting part of the offseason to me.  It just seems to me that people who really love the sport can't help but get excited to see the schedule of the upcoming season. 

You won't have to wait until the release show unveils the Redskins schedule. I'm sure Redskins.com will post the schedule at 8:00:01.

The TV shows will probably only mention our games against Philly (DeSean vs former team) and Indy (Luck vs RG III). Other than that they will just flash our schedule along the side of the screen. 

Yes, always been that way for me.

As much as I love it though, I have zero interest in the show itself. I just want to see the schedule... I usually have it memorized within 10-15 minutes of release. But I'll be watching the NBA playoffs and just log on at 8:00 to see the schedule.

I love the NFL more than anything and especially the Redskins… BUT I hate how money hungry the league has now gotten… I hate how we have to wait till a certain day and time to see the schedule and they still keep pushing it back… They need to even have a schedule release show.  Then on that show they will talk about last season and then this upcoming season's story lines, then the Thursday Night matchups, then the Sunday Night matchups, then the Monday Night games… then they will talk about the Patriots… Then they’ll talk about the Broncos… They’ll then talk about the cowboys after that… Then they’ll finally talk about the team that actually won the Super Bowl, Seattle… Then sometime between 8:30pm and 9:00pm EST they will fully release the schedules for all the teams…

In a way Mark Cuban was right, the NFL may be spiraling out of control… They need to stick to Sundays and Mondays… Maybe the last 4 weeks of the season have Thursday games… They used to do that back in the 90’s… Goodell is money hungry and is all about the TV dollars…

Just release the schedule without all this fan fare…

I don't particularly like all the fanfare either. But, why does the NFL "need" to stick to Sundays/Mondays or quietly release the schedule in a press release? If there is demand for something, shouldn't they supply it? 

The nature of football is always going to limit the number of games actually played. The result of that will be that each game/quarter/drive/play will be over-analyzed to death. That will never change. You don't have time to do so in baseball, basketball, or hockey since there are 3-7 games per week. 

In football, since there will always be 4-5 (and usually 7) days between games, every milestone will be anticipated by the fans. It may turn you off that the league is opportunistic, but they are doing what MOST fans want them to do. Hell, I'd probably tune in if the Redskins televised a random spring game between vets and rookies or something. I've said for years now that each team should have its own channel (rather than just a league-wide channel). 

II've said for years now that each team should have its own channel (rather than just a league-wide channel). 

Wow.  How would you find 365 days of programming?  They would have to partner with another sports team and make it a joint venture.  As it is, the NFL Network HAS to schedule a three hour show discussing the schedule, televise the combine (which might be the most boring thing ever, IMO), and other football-related shows that would not be televised otherwise.  Of the four major sports (if you count hockey), the NFL is the one that makes the least sense to have a channel based on the way the games are spread out.  Also, the NFL Network is why Thursday night football games are a permanent fixture.  If there are no Thursday night football games, the cable companies will drop the network resulting in less revenue for the owners.  But that is a tangent for another thread . . .

-ct

To get the easiest schedule, you usually just have to win the crappiest division.  Last year it was the Broncos because 4 of their games were against raiders and chiefs.

Huh? The Chiefs were good last year. They beat the Broncos once. :)

Most likely around 5pm the schedule will start to leak out. The NFL has to give them to the teams first before their official announcement program. :P

Then folks on that team will leak some of it to beat reporters and insiders. Who, in turn, give it to the public.

Usually that is what happens. :)

Huh? The Chiefs were good last year. They beat the Broncos once. :)

Most likely around 5pm the schedule will start to leak out. The NFL has to give them to the teams first before their official announcement program. :P

Then folks on that team will leak some of it to beat reporters and insiders. Who, in turn, give it to the public.

Usually that is what happens. :)

He meant entering last season.

Everyone had KC penciled in as a win

Giants got theirs leaked ... at Washington Week 4, up there Week 15.  Also notes that they play Philadelphia in the closer so that puts us against Dallas; likely on the road since we had them up here to close two years ago.

Edit: the game here is on Thursday night (25-Sep-14)

That was pretty much a given imo. SB champs vs biggest viewership/fanbase

I don't think that one will be close at all. For those who haven't seen the Giants schedule, I've seen

at Detroit, Cardinals, Texans, at Washington, Falcons, Eagles, at Dallas, bye, vs. Colts, at Seattle ...vs. 49ers, vs Cowboys, at Jacksonville, at Tennessee, Redskins, at St. Louis, vs Eagles. #nyg

Archived