Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

I was wondering if there is some sort of rotation for the bye weeks?  In 2010 and 2012 our bye weeks were right in the middle of the season but in 2011 and 2013 we head early bye weeks.

Edit/update:  After doing my own research there does not appear to be any special formula for the bye weeks.

• 2 months later...

Very little has changed since the last post in this thread. Usually some stuff surfaces at the NFL owner's meetings, but absolutely nothing came out this year. They did announce just today that the release date is "on target" for mid April. The league has been releasing the schedule (usually on a Tuesday) in mid April for a long time now and they confirmed today that they still plan on following that pattern even though the draft is pushed back this year.

My guess is we either see it the 15th or 22nd--/ maybe if they want to go with a Thursday like last year they will opt for the 17th or 24th.

But safe to say we are about 1-2 weeks away from seeing the schedule--they also confirmed no opening week games, etc will be leaked prior.

The only Redskin rumor we have remains that fairly flimsy radio rumor about opening with the Giants on MNF.

I think the DJax signing makes a tad more attractive and I would think that one of our games vs Philly will get some sort of prominent spot---either primetime, Thurs, or a late feature DH game.

But all we really know right now is that we won't open with Seattle and we know two weeks that we can't play the Jags or Cowboys. Otherwise, it is all speculative at this point. Usually we see some leaks in the hours leading up to the release though.

Why is it that only games released so far are Bills games? It's confirmed that they play Detroit on Thanksgiving and host the Packers on MNF.

well they're just rumors right now, as the regular season schedule will be released probably next week or the week after that. the rumors might not even be true, who knows. maybe those "reporters" are spewing **** outta their mouths.

Patriots - Redskins preseason week 1.

Browns - Redskins preseason week 2 ( Monday )

Redskin - Ravens  preseason week 3

Redskins - Tampa preseason week 4

aw yay, kyle gets to come back to FedEx Field to give us justtt a little bit more entertainment :) lol

aw yay, kyle gets to come back to FedEx Field to give us justtt a little bit more entertainment :) lol

Kyle and Kirk coming back.....  I am (totally) guessing that the NFL made this Cleveland game a nationally televised game because there is some type of national interest.  Seems to me that it must be more than just Shanny Jr. coming back to DC.  Robert vs Kirk would be big.  Does the NFL know of an upcoming trade?  I am totally full of skat on this, but it was my first paranoid thought when seeing the schedule.

I am (totally) guessing that the NFL made this Cleveland game a nationally televised game because there is some type of national interest.  Seems to me that it must be more than just Shanny Jr. coming back to DC.  Robert vs Kirk would be big.  Does the NFL know of an upcoming trade?  I am totally full of skat on this, but it was my first paranoid thought when seeing the schedule.

Jon Gruden commentating Monday Night Football.

Jon Gruden commentating Monday Night Football.

Yeah I think that's a good reason as well. Although if they wanted a Redskins game to be on ESPN so older bro can comment on younger bro, wouldn't the NFL want it to be a regular season game? ya know, one that actually counts for something? after last season, i've learned that pre-season doesn't mean ****

Yeah I think that's a good reason as well. Although if they wanted a Redskins game to be on ESPN so older bro can comment on younger bro, wouldn't the NFL want it to be a regular season game? ya know, one that actually counts for something? after last season, i've learned that pre-season doesn't mean ****

I don't think playing a preseason game on Monday night, would necessarily cut down their chances on playing Monday Night in the regular season.

Redskins                                                  Eagles

Home:                                                      Home:

Giants                                                      Giants
Cowboys                                                  Cowboys
Eagles                                                     Redskins
Seahawks                                                Seahawks                                            
Rams                                                       Rams                                                                           Titans                                                      Titans
Jaguars                                                   Jaguars
Bucs                                                       Panthers

Away:

Giants                                                    Giants
Cowboys                                                Cowboys
Eagles                                                    Redskins
49ers                                                      49ers
Cardinals                                                Cardinals                                             
Texans                                                    Texans
Colts                                                       Colts
Vikings                                                   Packers

So finishing first or last means only 2 games are different on the schedule?  That's just wrong. 

Is there any doubt that Redskins/Colts will be primetime? 

That seems like the lock of the year. No way RG3/Luck1 will not be a primetime matchup.

I think the Skins will have at least 3 primetime games. You figure the Colts game will be for sure, definitely @Philly and the we'll get a Thursday Night game because everyone has to have 1. I think for that we'll probably play the Rams.

We will likely end the season at home vs. Philly. The finale is always a division matchup, has been since 2010, and since 2010 it has been:

vs. Giants

@ Eagles

vs. Cowboys

@ Giants

So only natural we'll host Philly in the finale, although it could also be at Dallas I guess.

Based on the last 3 years, I would think that we want to be playing Dallas on Week 17.  Dallas always (read: the last 3 years) plays for the division in Week 17, and subsequently loses to finish 8-8.

I hope we play Dallas Week 17. :)

It's certainly possible we'd host Philly to end the year, but there is no set pattern for that. For example, the Ravens played at Cincy to end each of the last two seasons....

One revision I'd make to my earlier mock schedule is that because we end the pre season with Tampa, I don't think we'd then open with them in week one. Again, no "rule" against that, just something the NFL generally avoids.

This is my last revision to my mock reflecting the Desean signing and the pre season schedule release:

9-7 (Sun): Rams (1:00)

9-14 (Sun): at Texans (1:00)

9-21 (Sun): Cowboys (4:25)

9-29 (Mon): at Colts (8:30)

10-5 (Sun): at Eagles (4:25)

10-9 (Thu): Bucs (8:30)

10-19 (Sun): at 49ers (4:25)

10-26 (Sun): Jaguars (1:00)

11-2 (Sun): Giants (1:00)

11-9 (Sun): at Vikings (1:00)

BYE

11-24 (Mon): Eagles (8:30)

11-30 (Sun): at Giants (1:00)

12-7: (Sun): at Cardinals (4:05)

12-14 (Sun): Titans (1:00)

12-21 (Sun): Seahawks (1:00)

12-28 (Sun): at Cowboys (1:00)

It's certainly possible we'd host Philly to end the year, but there is no set pattern for that. For example, the Ravens played at Cincy to end each of the last two seasons....

One revision I'd make to my earlier mock schedule is that because we end the pre season with Tampa, I don't think we'd then open with them in week one. Again, no "rule" against that, just something the NFL generally avoids.

This is my last revision to my mock reflecting the Desean signing and the pre season schedule release:

BYE

9-7, 4-2 in the division.

:)

BYE

I think it was rumored we play the Giants week 1 Monday Night Football.

I think it was rumored we play the Giants week 1 Monday Night Football.

Yep, it's the only Redskin schedule rumor I've heard. I'm choosing to ignore it :)

Ah, and I forgot... The first half of the Thursday schedule is going to be on CBS and they are saying those games will be of a more marquee variety... So my choice doesn't work. Gonna re-do the whole damn thing and post a final final mock.

9-8 (Mon): at Giants (7:00)

9-28 (Sun): Rams (1:00)

10-5 (Sun): at Eagles (8:30)

10-12 (Sun): Giants (1:00)

10-26 (Sun): at Colts (8:30)

11-2 (Sun): Titans (1:00)

BYE

11-23: (Sun): Eagles (1:00)