Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Just now, visionary said:

There's a difference between saying mean things that are deserved and going off on random people whenever they criticize you, especially without even reading what they wrote.

You can also be unfriendly or even downright mean without being a blatant misogynist (or racist).  Trump's failures go far, far beyond "not being friendly."    

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

There's a difference between saying mean things that are deserved and going off on random people whenever they criticize you, especially without even reading what they wrote.

Deserve is subjective.  Calling reporters mean names is a fairly standard part of the culture in several industries.  Pro sports comes immediately to mind.  The entertainment industry is worse, objectification and general awful behavior is the norm.   

The problem I have with Trump isn't what he said to random people in the past.  The problem is that now, when he's in a situation that demands he behave differently, he is proving unable to display self control for more than 10 minutes at a time.  That's a real problem for a person seeking to be President of the US.  As Michelle Obama said, the President can't just pop off when angered.  Trump has had a year during this campaign to show he can at least pretend to be Presidential and he's not even close.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

The problem I have with Trump isn't what he said to random people in the past.  The problem is that now, when he's in a situation that demands he behave differently, he is proving unable to display self control for more than 10 minutes at a time.  That's a real problem for a person seeking to be President of the US.  As Michelle Obama said, the President can't just pop off when angered.  Trump has had a year during this campaign to show he can at least pretend to be Presidential and he's not even close.

That's sort of what I'm saying.  I don't care so much that he calls someone a name or individual rants, but it shows a pattern of obsession, instability, and inability to control himself.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I thought it was a comment on you apoligists.....ignore,rinse, repeat

Ignore what?  The lack of evidence?

You may remember that plenty of people changed views accordingly as new information came out on emails.  They didn't run headlong into "OMG She is teh evulz, prison her naow" like the right wanted, which naturally the right took to mean we were all just a bunch of apologists.

Many, possibly even most (I don't have numbers, so I'll stick vague %s) on the left accepted that she stated lies.  The problem is, the right wants us to think they were intentional, and thus perjury, and there is not sufficient evidence to show that.

Essentially, it's not so much that we're being apologists as we are going where the evidence suggests.

If you want us to go further, you should call up Ken Starr, Rep. Chaffetz, and the entire FBI and tell them to get on the ball again.

16 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Leave Ivanka out of this. 

I need to read up on her and her work more. She's probably the most underrated and impressive figures this madhouse of a year hath wrought. 

Pity her pop decided to run this fiasco of a campaign and her brother seems determined to follow in his father's behavioral footsteps.

Maybe there is a Trump ready, willing, and able to sit in the President's seat. 

“Oh, let me think. Look, I like a lot of the world leaders,” Clinton said, bursting into laughter initially when asked about her favorite world leader during a gaggle with reporters aboard her campaign plane in Chicago. “One of my favorites is Angela Merkel because I think she’s been an extraordinary, strong leader during difficult times in Europe, which has obvious implications for the rest of the world and, most particularly, our country.”

Clinton praised the German chancellor’s “leadership and steadiness on the Euro crisis,” while adding that “her bravery in the face of the refugee crisis is something that I am impressed by.”

Clinton said she and Merkel have known each other since the 1990s and spent a lot of time together. “And I hope I’ll have the opportunity to work with her in the future, but we could talk about lots of different leaders if you want to sometime,” she quipped as she walked away with a smile.

Listening to Cruz and media talking heads talk about ICANN is hilarious and sad at the same time.

It's incredible how stupid some people are compared to their influence. I don't expect the average person to know anything about ICANN or the issue, but if you're going to speak on it and persuade people it'd be nice if you had at least one clue.

11 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the Dems were running anyone but Hillary, that person would be up 20.

Nope. Whoever the democratic nominee is will be a villain. Nobody ever heard of Alicia Machado before Monday evening. By Thursday morning she was all kinds of evil.

edit: I've not been on all day and just catching up. See a bunch of responses to this already. Concerning the argument that Trump would get crushed by any conventional candidate, he beat John Kasich, quite possibly the best candidate in either primary, by ten million votes and 1,300 delegates and the reason he did is because what used to be the Republican Party has been overrun by stupidity.

Archived