Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Person of Interest is awesome. It is a JJ Abrams production, so if you liked Lost, you will probably like this one as well, even though it is'nt like lost at all. The first season started out slow, but by season two you have so many WTF moments you know Abrams is behind it.

Also a big fan of Game of Throns and Sons of Anarchy.

The West Wing was and is one of favorites of all time. Really well written, smart and funny.

My wife and I are currently enjoying the following shows on netflix streaming (PS3):

American Horror Story

Dexter

Orange is the New Black

House of Cards

Heroes

On tv, we're into the following shows:

Treme (HBO.  Same makers of The Wire.  The show takes place in New Orleans post-Katrina. VERY GOOD!)

American Horror Story (Coven)

Sons of Anarchy

Boardwalk Empire

It's Season 2 spoilery, so don't watch if it you haven't watched the show (and if you haven't), what the hell is wrong with you?

I agree, what the hell is wrong with you?! I watched it a second time with a couple of people and they did not like it too much. Yet, and admittedly I have never seen it, they are big fans of Elementary.

One person told me Cumberbatch is not a good Sherlock. I was about to throw fists.

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Putting this here...don't know who here is into this one.... I have liked Person of Interest since the beginning, and it has notably improved over time. It's become one of my favorite "mainstream" shows. Mr. Finch (Emerson) is awesome as always and Mr. Reese (Caviezel) had been superb as the very lethal current version Jack Bauer (darker and much more ominous). The last two episodes made excellent use of Cash's cover of "Hurt" in Reese's seeking revenge. Guy has a great "Doomsday" look when he's ready to rock.  :)

How did Idris' 'Luther' fit with you man when you finally got around to it?

Hail. 

I agree, what the hell is wrong with you?! I watched it a second time with a couple of people and they did not like it too much. Yet, and admittedly I have never seen it, they are big fans of Elementary.

One person told me Cumberbatch is not a good Sherlock. I was about to throw fists.

I suspect they must have problems with British TV. That said, despite my initial worries, Elementary is a very good take (and a very unique one) on the Holmes stories. 

I enjoy both for what they are.

Doctor Who.

It might be a little late for people to get on that bandwagon. Unless they want to marathon it for the next 10 or so months. Really..we have to wait til the Fall of 2014 for Capaldi's Doctor? 

:(

I had friends who recently did that but they started with the Tennant Doctor...which I think is insane. If you are going to become a Whovian or Whooligan (I like that one better), you have to start with Eccleston. It makes more sense that way. 

Along those lines though..if you are a Doctor Who fan and you haven't watched the Torchwood series..it might be a good time to fill the Doctor Who void. It was a solid show that the BBC killed off way to early. You can skip the last Starz season, unless you like gouging your eyes out with a show that became nearly unwatchable.

Oh..also now would be a good time to watch Orphan Black (and the yumminess that is Tatiana Maslany).  It's coming back in April.

#cloneclub

Edited by The Evil Genius

Watching Breaking Bad marathon now, thanks to all those liking it here. The premise of a high school chemistry teacher, being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer who turns to cooking up some meth's to pay for his medical bills and family.......

didn't sound like a good premise for a show, how wrong I was..... ;)

Edited by warskins65

Watching Breaking Bad marathon now, thanks to all those liking it here. The premise of a high school chemistry teacher, being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer who turns to cooking up some meth's to pay for his medical bills and family.......

I'm jealous that you are watching it now for the first time.

I watched BB from the beginning all the way through to the end. I just caught yesterday the very first one and I forgot how far the show had came, even though I was hooked from that first one which was awesome. The show just kept progressing, wow, really miss it now. I really only think Dexter and maybe Soprano's had me that hooked. I do think House of Cards is flying under most radars. Shameless is awesome though I don't know how they will keep breaking the bar for family dysfunction. I am looking forward to True Detective coming in Jan. 

Its old, but on Netflix - The 4400.  It got cancelled after/during the writers strike a while back.  There are 48 episodes I think.  Story is good imo.  4400 people that had been missing (over the years, dating back to the 1940s - I think) all of the sudden are brought back to earth in the same spot, none had aged a day since they went missing/were abducted and they all came back with abilities.  

If you have Amazon Prime, you can never, ever go wrong with Stargate Atlantis and Stargate - SG1.  Jericho is really good, got cancelled after 2 seasons though.  

Nikita is really good too, you can catch every episode except the final season, it just aired.  Actually the series finale was last night.  But Im sure it will be added soon.

Blue Mountain State - if you like American Pie'sh humor, this show is great, I have seen every episode at least 10 times.  I play a lot of shows while I'm gaming.  

Supernatural - show is pimp, one of my favorites.  They are old school when it comes to full seasons of episodes (always like 22-24 per season).  It will take you a while to get caught up to the current season, but its really good and I like the direction they have taken the show.

Arrow - pimp status - nuff said - easy to get into, only in season 2 

Wife is a huge Dr. Who fan, like she knows everything about it and has seen and either owns or can stream every episode.  She agreed with Evil Genius and said you would need to start with Eccleston.  She said they tied in all the stories to all the doctors this time around.

Lillyhammer - was very good season 1, you do have to read a lot of subtitles though.  Season 2 I started, but haven't gotten past the second episode yet.  

Breaking Bad - one of the best shows ever, never too late to start.

If you are going to sample Doctor Who you need to sample both eras.

The Modern era from 2005: Series 1 thru 7. 

The Classic era: 63-89:  Hulu/Neflix has a good sample of classic era doctors.

The show did celebrate it's 50th anniversary last month; so one should be exposed to both era of the show.

A pic of the latest doctor; who made an appearance  at the end of the Christmas episode: "The Time of The Doctor".  His first episodes in Series 8 will start airing in September

uktv-doctor-who-peter-capaldi.jpg

SyFy has new programming in a couple of weeks again.  Helix  looks interesting.

24 fans should be rejoicing as the new season of 24 should be starting soon also.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Its old, but on Netflix - The 4400.  It got cancelled after/during the writers strike a while back.  There are 48 episodes I think.  Story is good imo.  4400 people that had been missing (over the years, dating back to the 1940s - I think) all of the sudden are brought back to earth in the same spot, none had aged a day since they went missing/were abducted and they all came back with abilities.  

If you have Amazon Prime, you can never, ever go wrong with Stargate Atlantis and Stargate - SG1.  Jericho is really good, got cancelled after 2 seasons though.  

Nikita is really good too, you can catch every episode except the final season, it just aired.  Actually the series finale was last night.  But Im sure it will be added soon.

Blue Mountain State - if you like American Pie'sh humor, this show is great, I have seen every episode at least 10 times.  I play a lot of shows while I'm gaming.  

Supernatural - show is pimp, one of my favorites.  They are old school when it comes to full seasons of episodes (always like 22-24 per season).  It will take you a while to get caught up to the current season, but its really good and I like the direction they have taken the show.

Arrow - pimp status - nuff said - easy to get into, only in season 2 

Wife is a huge Dr. Who fan, like she knows everything about it and has seen and either owns or can stream every episode.  She agreed with Evil Genius and said you would need to start with Eccleston.  She said they tied in all the stories to all the doctors this time around.

Lillyhammer - was very good season 1, you do have to read a lot of subtitles though.  Season 2 I started, but haven't gotten past the second episode yet.  

Breaking Bad - one of the best shows ever, never too late to start.

Loved The 4400. I think it fell off the radar for me since it seemed to only air during the summer

THANK you Breaking Bad fans for turning me onto this show. Half way through, WTF value up there with Soprano's and LOST, writing up there with The West Wing and Shakespeare, funny, sad, horrible, honest..............all the above and more. Best ever, maybe. One of the best ever, yes.

Edited by warskins65

THANK you Breaking Bad fans for turning me onto this show. Half way through, WTF value up there with Soprano's and LOST, writing up there with The West Wing and Shakespeare, funny, sad, horrible, honest..............all the above and more. Best ever, maybe. One of the best ever, yes.

It's only about to get better.  I've never felt about a tv show the way I felt about Breaking Bad.

I also like Justified on FX.  Entertaining show, not on a Breaking Bad level but it's a good time.  I like Olyphant.

• 3 weeks later...

Good time to catch up on 24.

Jack in back in May.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/24-returns-12-episode-run-fox-21516851

Jack Bauer is back, and he's on the run in London.

Kiefer Sutherland returns as the intrepid counter-terrorist in a 12-episode run of "24: Live Another Day," debuting with a two-hour show May 5 on Fox. It will take up its regular one-hour slot starting May 12.

"I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time," Sutherland said Monday at the Television Critics Association winter meeting.

He returns to a character he played for eight seasons, from 2001 to 2010.

"There's a great impetus for all of us to create something new with the show," Sutherland said.

The show will be set and shot in London and retain the real-time format with split screens and interwoven story lines. It picks up four years after the events of "24's" final season with Bauer now a fugitive being hunted by the CIA.

Also back from the original series are Mary Lynn Rajskub, Kim Raver and William Devane. Several newcomers have joined the cast, including Oscar nominee Judy Davis and Yvonne Strahovski of "The Wire."

Rajskub, who plays Chloe, said she closely followed Internet speculation about the series return and waited eagerly to find out whether she'd be included.

"I have a lot of people who refuse to call me anyone but Chloe," she said. "I never thought '24' would come back and in this format."

Edited by The Evil Genius

Sherlock.

New season starts next Sunday and will answer a major cliffhanger season 2 ended on. Only a few episodes season 1 and 2, but each is 1.5 hours long, so like a movie. Easily top 3 show on tv right now. It's on channel 42 WVPY on Directv, the one showing all the British shows, it airs as Masterpiece Mystery with Sherlock being in the description.

Sherlock.

New season starts next Sunday and will answer a major cliffhanger season 2 ended on. Only a few episodes season 1 and 2, but each is 1.5 hours long, so like a movie. Easily top 3 show on tv right now. It's on channel 42 WVPY on Directv, the one showing all the British shows, it airs as Masterpiece Mystery with Sherlock being in the description.

And if you don't want to wait, you can easily find it online since it premiered nearly 2 weeks ago in the UK. I've been trying to avoid it...

:)