Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Not too far away from the mid season premiere of The Walking Dead. I'm salivating at the thought of how things start to develop after the Prison battle. Been a long time since I've had to wait for  a premiere of a new season (or a season on hiatus). Everything I've watched for the last few years was already finished.

I had forgotten what this feels like.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Fox's "Almost Human" is back with new episodes tonight.  Fox's "Sleep Hollow" is also back for it's final 3 episodes of Season 1.  NBC's "Blacklist" is also back with new episodes tonight.

SyFy starts airing the new season of "Lost Girl" and the amercian version of "Being Human" tonight.  

SyFy also premieres "Bitten" a show about a female werewolf starring Laura Vandervoort tonight.

Also, this past Friday "Syfy" aired the first 2 episodes of a show called "Helix" which airs Fridays at 10pm, plus they made available the third episode online.

For those who like "The Following" that starts up shortly and also the new season of "24".

I'm going to go with the new Sherlock Holmes from the BBC..   The latest season will be coming out on PBS for those who don't have a computer or ipad and a VPN client such as Tunnel Bear.

bbchartswood-460x288.jpg

The third season just finished up on the BBC last Sunday...    Starring Benedict Cumberbatch's as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr Watson....

Seasons are only three shows long..  So all told there are only 9 shows...  They are excellent....  I just watched season three last Sunday.

Edited by JMS
  • Like 1

On Netflix

Orange is the New Black was really good.

House of Cards is excellent, almost done there.

Lilliehammer is pretty good.

Def. going to watch Sherlock after all the good recommendations. thanks!

Just watched the first season of House of Cards a few days back on DVD.  Pretty good, although fairly depressing near the end of the season.

(But it picked up again in the last episode or two)

I've also been watching a lot of Justified on DVD (it's on FX on tv, in season 5 now I think)

So far I've gotten to about halfway through season 3.

A very entertaining show.  Most of my family loves it.

I'm going to go with the new Sherlock Holmes from the BBC..   The latest season will be coming out on PBS for those who don't have a computer or ipad and a VPN client such as Tunnel Bear.

bbchartswood-460x288.jpg

The third season just finished up on the BBC last Sunday...    Starring Benedict Cumberbatch's as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Dr Watson....

Seasons are only three shows long..  So all told there are only 9 shows...  They are excellent....  I just watched season three last Sunday.

The BBC are doing this with some great shows of late. Real short, but outstandingly brilliant seasons. 

Idris Elba's ('Stringer' Bell in the equally fabulous 'The Wire') baby is another outstanding psychological drama 'Luther' that was the same. Three series of 6, then 4 1 hour episodes. A lot darker than 'Sherlock', and not as humorous, but if you love 'sherlock' I'm sure you'd love that too. 

Hail. 

What about Amazon Prime shows? Just realized my prime sub comes with instant video. Oy. Schmuck I am.

Any suggestions!? :)

Looking through the shows available on Amazon Prime instant video, I have to say there's quite a few interesting ones I've heard (or read about in this thread) about or been wanting to watch.

They seem to have a rather large BBC section too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A2858778011%2Cn%3A2864549011%2Ck%3ABBC&sort=csrank&keywords=BBC&ie=UTF8&qid=1389717047&lo=instant-video

Edited by visionary

Just watched the first season of House of Cards a few days back on DVD.  Pretty good, although fairly depressing near the end of the season.

(But it picked up again in the last episode or two)

I've also been watching a lot of Justified on DVD (it's on FX on tv, in season 5 now I think)

So far I've gotten to about halfway through season 3.

A very entertaining show.  Most of my family loves it.

Is that the Spacey one or the previous BBC one which was just as good with Ian Richardson?

I'd suggest 'The Thick of It' too if you can stream it somewhere. It satires the British Government and it's brilliant and hilarious in equal measure. DEFO not one to watch with the kids though.  :lol:

Justified is one of my favourite shows too. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I didn't realize there was a BBC House of Cards, is the one with Spacey based off/remade from that?

Yes, it's a remake.  They're both really good but the British guy takes such glee in being a prick that it's fun to watch, he is the best pure, unadulterated, without redeeming qualities bad guy on tv since JR Ewing IMO.

Edited by KAOSkins

After reading the entire thread I cant believe no one has said The West Wing. If you like House of Cards type political drama West Wing is much better. Perfect for binge watching, 22 episode seasons. Its a bit older, but still a very good show.

And as others mentioned

Breaking Bad

Walking Dead

Ray Donovan

SOA

I just started Lilyhammer and its pretty good so far.

Next up will be Sherlock and The Wire based on all the reviews from this thread.

That's the Netflix one with Little Stevie who's played with The Boss for eons right?

He looks EXACTLY like his sopranos character on the trailers. :lol: I keep meaning to start that. 

Sherlock

Luther 

You guys haven't had season three of Luther yet right?

Ix, they tie everything up in the perfect of perfect endings. And the acting and dialogue is as good as ever. Alice is back. That's all I'ma say without spoiling anything. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

We're about halfway through the final season of Dexter and that has been really good.  I think our next one will be The Wire.

Has anyone watched The Followers?  A Fox series that is a season in.

Wire on Netflix? I'd love to watch it.

After reading the entire thread I cant believe no one has said The West Wing. If you like House of Cards type political drama West Wing is much better. Perfect for binge watching, 22 episode seasons. Its a bit older, but still a very good show.

And as others mentioned

Breaking Bad

Walking Dead

Ray Donovan

SOA

Next up will be Sherlock and The Wire based on all the reviews from this thread.

I think I did mention The West Wing a couple of pages back.