Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xfinity News: Jindal: GOP must stop being 'stupid party'

Jumbo

Agree or should they stay the course? :pfft:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20130123/US.Republicans/

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal called on the Republican Party to "stop being the stupid party" on Thursday as GOP leaders promised fundamental changes to help stave off future losses.

In the keynote address at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting, Jindal said the GOP doesn't need to change its values but "might need to change just about everything else we are doing."

"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

Odds on Jindal regaining some of the headliner status he had a few years ago? I think Paul Ryan has already fizzled as a Young Lion for the GOP.

Wait, does this mean they're going to start believing in science? They're going to reject their fundamental belief in magic rape-sperm repellent vaginas in favor of embryology, evolution, climate science, and all those other "lies from the pit of hell"?

Funny how this is just the sort of thing Huntsman was saying for the last 2 years, but couldn't get past 2% of the primary vote in the polls.

Odds on Jindal regaining some of the headliner status he had a few years ago? I think Paul Ryan has already fizzled as a Young Lion for the GOP.

He will be a player,but the star to be pushed is Rubio........Steady as ya go....full speed ahead :beatdeadhorse:

The GOP needs to stop being the outdated party. They need to learn to bend a lot more and stop being the It's our way or the highway" party. I mean do these fools read the paper or watch the news? Most of the country blames the fiscal cliff and most of our economic problems on them.

They just come off as being old and outdated IMO.

He's dreaming. The GOP is slowing working their way to extinction.

The Tea Party nuts will have their guns a blazing in the 2014 and 2016 primaries as they continue to try to purify the Republican party in their right wing image. I predict the majority of the tea party nuts on the ballot will lose in 2014. Instead the usual 6th year blues for the party in the White House; the opposite will happen this time. I think the Dems will have full control of congress in 2015 and Hillary or some other Dem will win easily in 2016, Also, alot of those Republican governors who won in 2010 will be on their way out in 2014.

---------- Post added January-25th-2013 at 12:10 AM ----------

He will be a player,but the star to be pushed is Rubio........Steady as ya go....full speed ahead :beatdeadhorse:

Rubio isn't going anywhere. You honestly think the anti-immigration; yes, anti-immigration party and not just anti-illegal immigration party will vote for a Hispanic. Rubio, especially if he plays a big role in an immigration bill get passed will not do well in the Republican primaries. The right wing voters will not vote for him.

Rubio isn't going anywhere. You honestly think the anti-immigration; yes, anti-immigration party and not just anti-illegal immigration party will vote for a Hispanic. Rubio, especially if he plays a big role in an immigration bill get passed will not do well in the Republican primaries. The right wing voters will not vote for him.

Seriously, can I please give the next GOP address!?!? I think it would be great publicity to have someone from the "real" world address the politicians.

I'm already writing out my speech now: "Hello dumbasses! How about we stop alienating half the population by running on morality-based issues? Yes dumbasses, you can maintain your morals in government without so publicly interjecting your views on the abortion debate, death panel atrocities, and stem cell research horrors. Sound good? Alrighty, on to the next subject: you need to shy away from choosing uncontrollable weepers as the SOH---they really provide too much fodder for late night comedians. Finally, for the love of all that's Holy, please vet your high level candidates so they aren't eviscerated by those no holds barred interviewers...like Katie Couric---seriously, if your candidate can't get past a reporter who was a former cheerleader, run far, far away from that candidate. May I suggest that one of your vetting questions be whether a candidate can or cannot see another country (besides Canada or Mexico) from their home? Thank you and good night. Schmucks." :)

Seriously, can I please give the next GOP address!?!? I think it would be great publicity to have someone from the "real" world address the politicians.
Democrats did it! That was pretty much what the Democrats did for the 2012 convention, does the name Sandra Fluke ring a bell?

The GOP needs to make up their minds; do they love the base or try to alienate it? Me thinks they are conceding too much of the center to the Democrats...

Hey, Jumbo, the GOP has already made it clear that their primary goal is making fundamental changes.

To our election laws.

Their big problem s that e election laws don't favor their Party enough. But don't worry. They're working on that.

K, what does Couric being a former child cheeleader have to do with anything ? That discredits her in some way ?

I think not.

Yah, it pretty much does :ols:

That said, the larger point, which is correct, is that we aren't talking about an interview with Mike Wallace. This was powder puff material, and Palin stumbled in a big way.

You honestly think the anti-immigration; yes, anti-immigration party and not just anti-illegal immigration party will vote for a Hispanic.

You are honestly going to ignore the fact they already are doing so?

how did Rubio and Cruz become Senators in the two most populous red states w/o getting votes?

the Gov of NM?

watching Cruz is gonna be entertaining

I guess the real question is can Party leaders even understand his or K's message?

There seems to be a divide on this. This is at least second time since the election where a prominant Repulican has tried to say this. There seems to be a bunch of introspection and a searching of souls in the GOP. They really can't conceive why they lost. I think it's simple, the American public was faced with a choice of...

We have to pay our bills...

and trust me, I have a plan, I just can't tell you what it is.

Americans chose taxes. Doesn't that tell you how bad the other guy must have been?

I guess the real question is can Party leaders even understand his or K's message?

There seems to be a divide on this. This is at least second time since the election where a prominant Repulican has tried to say this. There seems to be a bunch of introspection and a searching of souls in the GOP. They really can't conceive why they lost. I think it's simple, the American public was faced with a choice of...

We have to pay our bills...

and trust me, I have a plan, I just can't tell you what it is.

Americans chose taxes. Doesn't that tell you how bad the other guy must have been?

Yah, basically, we will pay good money to keep that clown away from the Oval Office

You are honestly going to ignore the fact they already are doing so?

how did Rubio and Cruz become Senators in the two most populous red states w/o getting votes?

the Gov of NM?

watching Cruz is gonna be entertaining

Agree with you there. The GOP loves to find "good blacks" and "good Hispanics" and will vote for them like crazy if they are ideologically pure.

Rubio will always have a citizenship issue with a segment of the right though. I don't see that as a problem for the GOP as a whole. But should be good for lotsa laffs watching the Tea Party schizoid out over Rubio's eligibility for the Presidency.

<edit>Should add that Jindal has the same eligibility issue among the less enlightened parts of the right wing.

Obama was the weakest incumbent since Carter, and despite their best efforts to disenfranchise a noticeable proportion of the population, the GOP still couldn't come close to beating him. The only sane candidate they could muster was a guy who'd lost EVERY election he'd ever been in save one...where he rode in on his predecessors coattails.

Romney was not a particularly good governor - left office with a 35% approval rating. Corzinee was an even more successful investor than Romney, and he bankrupted NJ. William Weld was Mass' best governor in recent memory, but the GOP blacklisted him for coming out in favor of medical mj.

The GOP needs to stop being the outdated party. They need to learn to bend a lot more and stop being the It's our way or the highway" party. I mean do these fools read the paper or watch the news? Most of the country blames the fiscal cliff and most of our economic problems on them.

They just come off as being old and outdated IMO.

Started reading "The Fifties" by David Halberstam last night. It starts with a breakdown of the political parties to start the decade. It is absolutely unreal how the more things change, the more they stay the same. When I get home tonight I'll type up a couple of paragraphs and post them.

I'll say this in the meantime, the bad news for Republicans is that today there sure as hell doesn't appear to be an Eisenhower anywhere that they can recruit to head the party.

Archived